Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Wynn Breakdown video
(03-27-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I first saw his hand size, I thought of it as a detriment.  (his hands are 8.5", and for comparison mine are 10", and I'm also 6'2")  Then, as I watched the video, I began to see them as a blessing to him.  He doesn't grab and grip, he's constantly resetting those hands for better position.  

Great observation. He's relentless in ways I've not seen in many lineman at all. Damn - wish the draft was this weekend! So, the big question is - will he make it to 21?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I first saw his hand size, I thought of it as a detriment.  (his hands are 8.5", and for comparison mine are 10", and I'm also 6'2")  Then, as I watched the video, I began to see them as a blessing to him.  He doesn't grab and grip, he's constantly resetting those hands for better position.  

Cool stuff, did not know that.

I can see how that might keep him from holding, wild. Funny how Voch was talking about how it looked like a girlfriend
trying to slap him and he wasn't letting it happen lmao! Watched the whole vid even if it was 25 minutes, Voch makes it
go fast, remember watching his vid of John Ross last year and it made me want the guy but he clearly knows a lot more
about O-lineman as he used to be one.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool stuff, did not know that.

I can see how that might keep him from holding, wild. Funny how Voch was talking about how it looked like a girlfriend
trying to slap him and he wasn't letting it happen lmao! Watched the whole vid even if it was 25 minutes, Voch makes it
go fast, remember watching his vid of John Ross last year and it made me want the guy but he clearly knows a lot more
about O-lineman as he used to be one.

Love Voch. Wish he had one on McGlinchey but didn't find one. I did find another one for McGlinchey, and this one on Wynn over-shadowed it. 

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Love Voch. Wish he had one on McGlinchey but didn't find one. I did find another one for McGlinchey, and this one on Wynn over-shadowed it. 

I don't think you will see one on McGlinchey.  I think what a lot of people are realizing is that the only reason he looks good on tape is he plays next to nelson.  Average at best IMO and it would be like drafting Jake Fisher all over again.  I have trust in pollack tho.  Personally its wynn or hernandez at 21 if not expect a corner because bengals

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 10:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't think you will see one on McGlinchey.  I think what a lot of people are realizing is that the only reason he looks good on tape is he plays next to nelson.  Average at best IMO and it would be like drafting Jake Fisher all over again.  I have trust in pollack tho.  Personally its wynn or hernandez at 21 if not expect a corner because bengals

The McGlinchey film I saw was ND vs Georgia, and he did not look great. Some good plays BUT a few bad ones too. Even had an Ogbuehi moment where his QB was on the ground with him several yards away, looking at him as if to say "What are you doin' down there?"  After I saw that, I began to think I'd rather not see him in stripes.

Reply/Quote
4th best guard in draft. Love him. Also ppl need to join his Facebook group! It's live
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:33 PM).wildcats forever Wrote: Great observation. He's relentless in ways I've not seen in many lineman at all. Damn - wish the draft was this weekend! So, the big question is - will he make it to 21?

That is about his average pre draft ranking.  If we got him there I would try him at rt tackle first just to see how'd he handle it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've slightly cooled on Wynn, and here's why.

I wanted him back before the Bengals got Glenn, as I thought he'd make a great LT even with shorter-than-preferred arm length. And if LT didn't happen to work out, I thought he'd be a fantastic guard.

Now that Glenn has been acquired, I don't see the need to go after a LT (early at least). Plus, I have high hopes for Westerman or Richmond to take the starting RG spot and hold it down. The spots I worry most about now are C and RT. Could Wynn play C or RT? Probably, but he has never played those positions before. For C, I think I'd prefer someone who has actually played the position before rather than gamble on Wynn at that spot, and I worry that at RT he can't handle some of the longer edge rushers that he would need to due to lack of length. And I see length being more important on the right side rather than left side because typically the quicker, smaller rushers are against LTs whereas bigger, longer rushers are against RTs.

If someone can make a case for Wynn as the RT or C, I'm all ears, as he's my second-favorite OL in the draft. I just see him more as OG or LT and I believe the Bengals have those spots filled already.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:08 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: So many here have done such a great job of flushing out the good candidates, along with good supporting details. But we can only react to film and the print reviews, which means Pollack has yet to determine who the best fit will be for C. RG. and RT. Whatever the Bengals draft board looks like, I am praying that Pollack is not impeded in any way in getting the players he wants, and/or needs to make it all work. WTS, we need this Wynn guy. And two more like him.   Pray

Do not see Pollack being influenced by anything said but share your concern that FO may keep him from getting the early pick. 

Was promoting Wynn when we were picking 12th and Wynn was said to go in late 20 range. Believe ranked 27th at time. 

People were saying I was foolish and if we wanted him we should trade back. Glad the tide has turned because the kid can play. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The great thing about Wynn is that there is plenty of tape against top notch competition.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've slightly cooled on Wynn, and here's why.

I wanted him back before the Bengals got Glenn, as I thought he'd make a great LT even with shorter-than-preferred arm length. And if LT didn't happen to work out, I thought he'd be a fantastic guard.

Now that Glenn has been acquired, I don't see the need to go after a LT (early at least). Plus, I have high hopes for Westerman or Richmond to take the starting RG spot and hold it down. The spots I worry most about now are C and RT. Could Wynn play C or RT? Probably, but he has never played those positions before. For C, I think I'd prefer someone who has actually played the position before rather than gamble on Wynn at that spot, and I worry that at RT he can't handle some of the longer edge rushers that he would need to due to lack of length. And I see length being more important on the right side rather than left side because typically the quicker, smaller rushers are against LTs whereas bigger, longer rushers are against RTs.

If someone can make a case for Wynn as the RT or C, I'm all ears, as he's my second-favorite OL in the draft. I just see him more as OG or LT and I believe the Bengals have those spots filled already.

I understand that it's not a safe assumption that he can make the transition to RT. But in addition to his motor, his footwork is good and he squares up nicely, all of which suggests (to me) that it may be possible. We'll know what Pollack thinks on draft day. C and RT are my priorities as well, so if we find what we need there, and Wynn isn't one of them I hope he goes to the NFC. Whomever plays against him better bring their lunch  ;-)

Reply/Quote