Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Wynn contract demands
Wants at least 5 mill a year or he's not talking to you Hilarious

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-ot-isaiah-wynn-sets-003127632.html
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:42 PM)pulses Wrote: Wants at least 5 mill a year or he's not talking to you  Hilarious

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-ot-isaiah-wynn-sets-003127632.html

Dude sucks, then he takes a shot at other people's salaries with his "eight generations" comment. Enjoy the season on the couch, you better stock up on the Fritos.
Reply/Quote
5 million for Isaiah Wynn? doesnt sound outrageous to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 08:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 5 million for Isaiah Wynn?  doesnt sound outrageous to me.

That injury history, though..  I would hope that he wouldn't be expected to be a starter, but the 1st off the bench swing Tackle, so $5M for a guy that can't be depended upon to stay healthy is a bit steep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That injury history, though..  I would hope that he wouldn't be expected to be a starter, but the 1st off the bench swing Tackle, so $5M for a guy that can't be depended upon to stay healthy is a bit steep.

It's risk/reward.  

He's only a 5mil player BECAUSE he's frequently injured.  

If he could stay on the field, he'd be a 9-10 mil player at worst.  

5 mil is peanuts for a capable starting OT.  Even so, this is not the guy I'd be after unless he hangs around a few weeks and has to play on a prove it deal for even less than 5 mil per.
Reply/Quote
I would be okay with it if he's viable to start for the year while LC recovers or a rookie is ready to play. Having a starting caliber OT (even with potential injury) for $5M is relatively cheap.

Hell JW is injury riddled and is making $12M and we're (again relatively) all okay with that.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 01:57 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I would be okay with it if he's viable to start for the year while LC recovers or a rookie is ready to play. Having a starting caliber OT (even with potential injury) for $5M is relatively cheap.

Hell JW is injury riddled and is making $12M and we're (again relatively) all okay with that.

I dont understand it either.  Jonah has been here 4 seasons and has only made it through 1 without being injured. He gives up more sacks than Wynn and yet Wynn is off the table at 5 million but some of our fans are OK with just as injured Jonah being sent out there next season being paid 12.6 million?
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Wynn at 5 million + a 3rd comp then Jonah at 12 million.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wanted to draft him but not sure he has proven himself, especially at RT. That being said $5 million is not much of an investment for a OT if he does get it going.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Attitude+injuries+production=big fat no.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The attitude is what makes me say no, wanted us to draft Wynn same as Go Cards.

If he would shut up I would be all for him for 5-6 mil a year...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 04:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont understand it either.  Jonah has been here 4 seasons and has only made it through 1 without being injured. He gives up more sacks than Wynn and yet Wynn is off the table at 5 million but some of our fans are OK with just as injured Jonah being sent out there next season being paid 12.6 million?

I'm not sure that many are as "ok" with that, as much as we realize there is not much that can be done about it.  The team picked up the 5th year option (a guaranteed contract provision), yet you continue to act like the team can simply renege on the deal and walk away paying Williams nothing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that many are as "ok" with that, as much as we realize there is not much that can be done about it.  The team picked up the 5th year option (a guaranteed contract provision), yet you continue to act like the team can simply renege on the deal and walk away paying Williams nothing.

This, we would all prefer a better option at both Tackle spots. Costs us money to cut Jonah now.
Reply/Quote