Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isiah Wynn T/G Patriots
The Pat's are open to trading him!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Missed 34 of 65 regular season games since being drafted.

No thanks.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Missed 34 of 65 regular season games since being drafted.

No thanks.

Anyone could get gas question marks. Injuries are unpredictable. What isn’t unpredictable is our LG situation. I’d rather have a quality starter
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:06 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Anyone could get gas question marks. Injuries are unpredictable. What isn’t unpredictable is our LG situation. I’d rather have a quality starter

Not real sure what gas question marks are but it’s called being injury prone and, with our bad luck, I’d stay away from him.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Missed 34 of 65 regular season games since being drafted.

No thanks.

Compare Isaiah Wynn's past 3 years to Jonah Williams' past 3 years.

Wynn:
2019 - 8 games
2020 - 10 games
2021 - 16 games

Williams:
2019 - 0 games
2020 - 10 games
2021 - 16 games

So Wynn has actually played more games in the past 3 years than our own LT, who everyone seems to be ok with now that he's played a full season. Wynn played essentially the same number of games the past 2 seasons as Williams did.

I'd be ok with adding Wynn, but you take a risk by shifting Wynn or Williams to LG, as both play LT.
Wynn did play 25 snaps at LG in 2020, but that's it. He's been at LT the entire rest of his career.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wanted this guy back when he was going through the draft process but “experts” were saying his arms were too short to play tackle. That he’d make a great guard. Did the Pats originally plan to play him at guard and injuries threw a wrench in that, or did they try him at guard and find out he was bad at it?

I’d LOVE to see the Bengals pull off another train robbery ala Nelson / BJ Hill and offer New England Tyler Shelvin and a late pick. IIRC ole Bill was miffed we took Shelvin when they wanted him. Shelvin is only one year in, by no means a finished product, and is a possible cut candidate for us. Worst case scenario, Wynn doesn’t work at guard but can play RT (if Lael’s back keeps barking, it’d be GREAT insurance) or stick as the sixth lineman and swing tackle. Thats worth the trade all day in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Compare Isaiah Wynn's past 3 years to Jonah Williams' past 3 years.

Wynn:
2019 - 8 games
2020 - 10 games
2021 - 16 games

Williams:
2019 - 0 games
2020 - 10 games
2021 - 16 games

So Wynn has actually played more games in the past 3 years than our own LT, who everyone seems to be ok with now that he's played a full season. Wynn played essentially the same number of games the past 2 seasons as Williams did.

I'd be ok with adding Wynn, but you take a risk by shifting Wynn or Williams to LG, as both play LT.
Wynn did play 25 snaps at LG in 2020, but that's it. He's been at LT the entire rest of his career.

The games he missed last year were due to Covid.  That does not indicate that he is "injury prone".

But he may never have fully recovered.  Covid is capable of doing permanent damage.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The games he missed last year were due to Covid.  That does not indicate that he is "injury prone".

But he may never have fully recovered.  Covid is capable of doing permanent damage.

Who, Wynn?
Wynn only missed one regular season game last year.
I'm not concerned in the slightest.

But yes, COVID can definitely do permanent damage in some people.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Whats the Cost? and his current contract? Definately can plug that OG Spot and backup OT while the younger guys develop (hopefully)
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whats the Cost? and his current contract?   Definately can plug that OG Spot and backup OT while the younger guys develop (hopefully)

He's on the 5th year option.
$10.4 mill, all guaranteed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's on the 5th year option.
$10.4 mill, all guaranteed.

Can Extend him and spread that hit out a bit if needed.  but i think that fits in budget for 1 year
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Can Extend him and spread that hit out a bit if needed.  but i think that fits in budget for 1 year

If a team agreed to pick up the 5th year option (which is fully guaranteed) and trades a player, does that new team take on any of that cost, or is it all covered by the original team?
I thought it was all the original team since it was guaranteed by that team.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If a team agreed to pick up the 5th year option (which is fully guaranteed) and trades a player, does that new team take on any of that cost, or is it all covered by the original team?
I thought it was all the original team since it was guaranteed by that team.

IF traded that is worked out by the teams.. Like Baker Mayfield the Browns are paying most of it and the Panthers got him to redo his remaining contract for less...

So that can be done but we would have to give something in return like a higher draft pick etc...

But unless he agrees to change contract someone has to pay

Usually the remainer of a contract goes to a new team not sure when his Guaranteed was paid
Reply/Quote
Can he even play OG?

Sure not going to shift Jonah from LT for this guy.
Reply/Quote
Wanted us to draft Wynn. Would be all for trading for him if Spain and Flowers aren't ready.

Wynn would be a major upgrade over Prince and can play LG.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can he even play OG?

Sure not going to shift Jonah from LT for this guy.
Well he played it in college and Belicheck loves versatility in his Lineman. So I would assume he could fill in at LG but not 100% sure.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 06:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Well he played it in college and Belicheck loves versatility in his Lineman. So I would assume he could fill in at LG but not 100% sure.

He can play LG but I don't know if we need him enough to trade for him.

I think either Carman or Volson will end up being more than serviceable at LG between 2 really good players in Jonah and Ted.

I would add Ereck Flowers for a small amount and for good vet depth at LG and Tackle myself.

Spain I just don't know what is up with the man honestly. FO, Coaches, his effort, how in shape he is, his mouth on twitter etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 12:40 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He can play LG but I don't know if we need him enough to trade for him.

I think either Carman or Volson will end up being more than serviceable at LG between 2 really good players in Jonah and Ted.

I would add Ereck Flowers for a small amount and for good vet depth at LG and Tackle myself.

Spain I just don't know what is up with the man honestly. FO, Coaches, his effort, how in shape he is, his mouth on twitter etc.
I would feel a lot more comfortable with Wynn over either Carmen or Volson but it would be an expensive move to make.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 12:49 AM)J24 Wrote: I would feel a lot more comfortable with Wynn over either Carmen or Volson but it would be an expensive move to make.

Same here which is why I doubt we make the move.
Reply/Quote