Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't March 6th Deadline to Franchise Tag A Player ?
Looking on internet at key NFL off season dates, it looks like Today Tuesday March 6th at 4 PM is the deadline for NFL teams to Franchise Tag. If there is somebody the team just can not lose for 2018 season, they need to tag him. One Tag that would be least expensive and he is well worth top pay at his position is Huber at punter. Bengals would have a hard time finding anybody as good. With such huge needs at offensive line and other areas, why create a need at punter. Tagging Smith or Eifert or Hill would make them high paid cap hit, Huber would not. Considering how often Bungles go 3 plays and punt, Huber may be most important player on the field.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 05:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Looking on internet at key NFL off season dates, it looks like Today Tuesday March 6th at 4 PM is the deadline for NFL teams to Franchise Tag. If there is somebody the team just can not lose for 2018 season, they need to tag him.  One Tag that would be least expensive and he is well worth top pay at his position is Huber at punter. Bengals would have a hard time finding anybody as good. With such huge needs at offensive line and other areas, why create a need at punter.  Tagging Smith or Eifert or Hill would make them high paid cap hit, Huber would not.  Considering how often Bungles go 3 plays and punt, Huber may be most important player on the field.

yes today Is the deadline and only 2 have been tagged league wide

bengals should have no issue signing Huber back. So they wont use any tag
Reply/Quote
Bell got tagged again.... Pitt is going to use him then throw him away..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bell got tagged again.... Pitt is going to use him then throw him away..... Hilarious

I didn’t see it as official. Maybe I missed it.

at any rate that’s $26,000,000 in 2 years for a running back. Not too bad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I didn’t see it as official.  Maybe I missed it.

lets see if bell is a man of his word..

He said he would sit out the entire season if tagged again
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets see if bell is a man of his word..

He said he would sit out the entire season if tagged again

Do not see it happening. 

But maybe the threat will cause them to spend a higher draft pick than wanting to on a RB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not see it happening. 

But maybe the threat will cause them to spend a higher draft pick than wanting to on a RB. 

yeah I'm sure hes just full of hot air just like the rest of his team and their fans
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I didn’t see it as official.  Maybe I missed it.

They said they will tag him. They are not going to pay him what he wants.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22657079/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-gets-franchise-tag-again
Reply/Quote
Yeah i don't see us using the Tag this year.

We can re-sign Huber.
Reply/Quote