Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue 3 (For Ohio Residents)
How are you voting tomorrow, for or against? Or even if you're not voting, what do you think about all this?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 08:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How are you voting tomorrow, for or against?  Or even if you're not voting, what do you think about all this?

There's a pretty good discussion on this subject in the PnR forum. IMO the lawmakers are their financial backers are offering the public weed in a effort to make 10 people very rich; however, no longer an Ohio resident, I've not researched it extensively.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes on 3 no on 2. For me personally, it's the medical part. I used to smoke a lot but haven't for awhile. I know a few people it will help and a few others it might help down the road. I'm concerned that if it doesn't get passed now it may be too late for them, and yes one is my mom and one is my daughter!
Reply/Quote
I don't consume it and have no plans to, but I'll still support it. Despite the monopoly issue, it will decriminalize it, make medicinal and recreational use legal, and allow folks who are inclined to legally have a few plants of their own. I still don't believe it will pass (polls here show a dead-heat), or if it does, so will Issue 2 and the court battles can begin.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm torn. I want it legal for the taxes, medicinal, and personal liberty aspects, but I don't want it done in the way that they're trying to do it. If you like free-market capitalism, you should absolutely hate this proposal.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm torn.  I want it legal for the taxes, medicinal, and personal liberty aspects, but I don't want it done in the way that they're trying to do it. If you like free-market capitalism, you should absolutely hate this proposal.

I do hate this proposal. And it is a monopoly. I just think it will be easier to "adjust" this sooner then it would be to start over. I could be wrong, but I'm not willing to take that gamble.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm torn.  I want it legal for the taxes, medicinal, and personal liberty aspects, but I don't want it done in the way that they're trying to do it. If you like free-market capitalism, you should absolutely hate this proposal.

Fwiw, I did hear that the 10 farms control or exclusivity, or whatever you want to call it, expires after a few years.  Something like 3 or 5 years.  So if I understood it correctly, it's eventually a completely free market.  Of course, the head start given alone is worth an absolute fortune and would be close to invaluable long term.

I go back and forth on it, but they do say this is a the best chance of getting this passed that we'll see for quite some time if it fails.  And the investors have sunk a huge amount of money into getting it to the point it is now.  I guess the question for many becomes how much is that reasonably worth.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:16 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Yes on 3 no on 2. For me personally, it's the medical part. I used to smoke a lot but haven't for awhile. I know a few people it will help and a few others it might help down the road. I'm concerned that if it doesn't get passed now it may be too late for them, and yes one is my mom and one is my daughter!

my wifes doctor tells her to smoke but unfortantely cant presribe it as is.. so yes on 3...

I understand people are worried about the 10 guys getting rich but let me ask you before you vote no... Did you plan on starting your own farm? NO? then it doesnt matter.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:24 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: I do hate this proposal. And it is a monopoly.  I just think it will be easier to "adjust" this sooner then it would be to start over.  I could be wrong, but I'm not willing to take that gamble.

My thoughts exactly. I voted yes on 3, and no on 2. I hope that it passes, but I doubt it will because of issue 2. If it doesn't pass it might take 10 more years to get it back on the ballot. Hell It might become federally legal before people in ohio can legally smoke it.
Reply/Quote
Just got back from the polls. Yes on 1, No on 2, No on 3, and yes for giving Sinclair 10 cents for every 100 bucks I make. Didn't vote on any of the local offices though because I didn't research them at all.
Reply/Quote
Yes on 3,if I can grow it at home I don't see how it's a monopoly
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:24 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: I do hate this proposal. And it is a monopoly.  I just think it will be easier to "adjust" this sooner then it would be to start over.  I could be wrong, but I'm not willing to take that gamble.

Thats why issue 2 was put in. To fight issue 3 and give people the option to support marijuana legalization but go against this years proposal. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats why issue 2 was put in. To fight issue 3 and give people the option to support marijuana legalization but go against this years proposal. 

Issue 2 can do a lot of really ****** up things if you look into it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:35 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Yes on 3,if I can grow it at home I don't see how it's a monopoly

Exactly the only people that should have majoy issue with it is someone who planned on starting a farm. im sure depensorarys can buy direct from the source of the farms..

biggest issue is its still federally illegal... So dont cross them state lines
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats why issue 2 was put in. To fight issue 3 and give people the option to support marijuana legalization but go against this years proposal. 

If issue 2 passes then it would create a 5 member panel who would decide what ballot initiatives would go on the ballot in the future, basically stripping that power from the citizens of the state, much like the Public Utilities Commission who we all know is screwing us over daily. Issue 2 is one of the worst things I have seen in a while.
Reply/Quote
With about a third of precincts reporting, issue 1 - yes; issue 2 - yes; issue 3 - no. So it goes.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If issue 2 passes then it would create a 5 member panel who would decide what ballot initiatives would go on the ballot in the future, basically stripping that power from the citizens of the state, much like the Public Utilities Commission who we all know is screwing us over daily. Issue 2 is one of the worst things I have seen in a while.

Looks like 2 is passing and 3 is failing.  I hope it gets back on the ballot soon w/ out the bs that was associated / attached to it.  And yes issue 2 sucks for everyone.  It should be up to the voters what we vote on, not a panel / Committee.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:30 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: With about a third of precincts reporting, issue 1 - yes; issue 2 - yes; issue 3 - no. So it goes.

Beat me to it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:34 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Looks like 2 is passing and 3 is failing.  I hope it gets back on the ballot soon w/ out the bs that was associated / attached to it.  And yes issue 2 sucks for everyone.  It should be up to the voters what we vote on, not a panel /  Committee.

With issue 2 passing don't expect legal marijuana in ohio until it's federally legal. Even if we get signatures to vote on it again for a perfect legalization bill it won't get through, because it won't get past the 5 person panel. This sucks.
Reply/Quote
issue 3 isnt going to pass, i just checked. 65% no 35% yes
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote