Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue 3 (For Ohio Residents)
(11-04-2015, 05:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Everything about your post is contradictory and promotes illegal drug trade still. The bottom line is liquor is safer and less steeped in illegal activity when it is done by big business and pot would be the same way. People who grow will eventually sell to those who want it but don't grow themselves. This will lead to competition which eventually will lead to more dangerous criminal activity. If your going to allow it the whole thing needs big business and regulation.

How does he expect people to get it to the clubs he says it can be used in if he doesn't allow them to leave their private residences with it and the club can't provide it? 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol no one would get in trouble for selling it anyways unless they spend tax money for undercover cops.

Which defeats one of the main reasons to make it legal!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why would you want it like that? The government wouldn't get any taxes from it's sales.

Why wouldn't you be able to open a shop if you are saying you don't care if people sell it in a private space? What difference does it make if someone sells it out of their basement and someone sells it in a store?

You're basically allowing it to be legal except that the general population wouldn't get any kind of benefit from it from taxes.

That stance makes 0 sense

- I don't think our government needs any more taxes... They want it, sure, but they don't need it. On that level, we NEED to not wastefully spend the tax dollars that are already there.

- If people do whatever they want with their personal weed at home, fine. But not out in public spaces.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - I don't think our government needs any more taxes... They want it, sure, but they don't need it. On that level, we NEED to not wastefully spend the tax dollars that are already there.

- If people do whatever they want with their personal weed at home, fine. But not out in public spaces.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

are you sure you don't do drugs, because it seems like you're really high right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How does he expect people to get it to the clubs he says it can be used in if he doesn't allow them to leave their private residences with it and the club can't provide it? 

I was kidding about the swing club. As I said, people can have it, but not consume it in public places.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - I don't think our government needs any more taxes... They want it, sure, but they don't need it. On that level, we NEED to not wastefully spend the tax dollars that are already there.

Man, you need to go back and re read what you wrote. I think you aren't even sure what you mean.
Reply/Quote

Okay.
With the first part, not everyone is capable of growing and cultivating weed. It takes time and care. (any plant does)
If you just want them at home, why not give them a safe legal way of getting it?

And not out in public spaces...except for the club you mentioned
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I was kidding about the swing club. As I said, people can have it, but not consume it in public places.

Then why not make it legal and safe for them to obtain it? 

Do you see people walking the streets drinking with open containers? No. Unless there is a special event and that's usually swarming with cops.
Reply/Quote
You can't over regulate. Either it is legal or it's not. If it's legal, you need to make a legal way for people to obtain it (purchase) otherwise you are in a catch 22 and have gotten no where.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Okay.
With the first part, not everyone is capable of growing and cultivating weed. It takes time and care. (any plant does)
If you just want them at home, why not give them a safe legal way of getting it?

And not out in public spaces...except for the club you mentioned

The funny thing is that you wouldn't be able to go in public spaces and smoke it if it was legalized. Just like you can't go and drink alcohol out on the street. There are private establishments (bars) that sell it. It's kind of hilarious he's for legalization pretty much. Except for a much worse way for it to be legal, because it would make the black market 100 times worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can't over regulate. Either it is legal or it's not. If it's legal, you need to make a legal way for people to obtain it (purchase) otherwise you are in a catch 22 and have gotten no where.

Exactly. 
Then it's up to the businesses discretion where it can and cannot be used. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Now the pot use makes sense.... Brownies!

Guys, you don't have to experience something to understand it's relevance on society or potential down falls, or to understand if you wouldn't like it.

Your argument was on the intoxicating effects of pot.  You don't even know what the intoxicating effects are.  It's obvious by your insistence that drinking a couple of beers is non intoxicating whereas smoking pot is.  

You have no frame of reference to make such a claim.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The funny thing is that you wouldn't be able to go in public spaces and smoke it if it was legalized. Just like you can't go and drink alcohol out on the street. There are private establishments (bars) that sell it. It's kind of hilarious he's for legalization pretty much. Except for a much worse way for it to be legal, because it would make the black market 100 times worse.

People seem to forget what Prohibition of alcohol wrought on this country...the scourge of violence and crime....
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: People seem to forget what Prohibition of alcohol wrought on this country...the scourge of violence and crime....

Yeah.  It's not like we don't have a case study or something.
Reply/Quote
Damn this thread was on it's first page last night lmao
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:43 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Your argument was on the intoxicating effects of pot.  You don't even know what the intoxicating effects are.  It's obvious by your insistence that drinking a couple of beers is non intoxicating whereas smoking pot is.  

You have no frame of reference to make such a claim.  

In my heyday in college I could put back a six pack of tallboys and not feel it. 

Now, two or three and I feel it a bit. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:44 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Yeah.  It's not like we don't have a case study or something.

Who knows, maybe a future president will come from the illegal drug trade like how prohibition brought us the Kennedy's
Reply/Quote
Well, this thread got hot. I'm glad to see that most people are of the opinion that personal use is fine, but issue 3 was bogus. Good job, guys.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 03:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Going by your use of it, the word arbitrary can be applied to literally every single thing on this Earth. So, yes... NEWS FLASH for those not firmly planted in reality: Arbitrarily people and society as a whole have to make decisions on what is or isn't acceptable, legal, etc. in this world.
Quote:ar·bi·trar·y

ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective

1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

I consider it "arbitrary" because there isn't any reason by which alcohol should be considered fine for personal consumption and pot not other than random choice or personal prejudices of those who oppose it. 

If safety or danger was a reason, alcohol would be even more illegal than pot is.   

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/01/19/obama-marijuana-not-so-bad/4649883/
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 06:38 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, this thread got hot.  I'm glad to see that most people are of the opinion that personal use is fine, but issue 3 was bogus.  Good job, guys.

Pot will become legal eventually. They will just re-word the issue and put it up for a vote again. Eventually it will get passed.
Reply/Quote