Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It’s Cincinnati Against the World
The writing is on the wall and the NFL wants the Bengals as disadvantaged as possible in the postseason. A return to the Super Bowl is a nightmare to many outside Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is a smaller market and wildly unpopular with the national sports media. Keyshawn Johnson hates the Bengals week in and week out. Bart Scott talks about a “red dot” on Joe Burrow and blames Tee Higgins for Monday Night’s on-field tragedy. Zac Taylor did the right thing on Monday Night and the NFL is making an example of him in particular and the Bengals in general.

It’s time to use this induced adversity being heaped on the Cincinnati Bengals as fuel for a growing competitive fire. It’s time for Joe Burrow and the guys to feed the entire NFL a gigantic shitburger and win the Super Bowl by going scorched earth on every opponent, starting on Sunday against the Ratbirds. We saw it in the first nine minutes on Monday Night and the Buffalo Bills were about to get rolled, curb stomped, and run out of Paycor Stadium. I’ve never seen the Bengals playing so sharp and physically.

Winning solves everything. Winning in blowouts earns respect. Zac is mad. Lou Anarumo is upset. Katie Blackburn isn’t happy. Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon are furious. I hope the team integrates all this anger and unfair treatment and takes out their collective frustration on Baltimore and every playoff opponent.

People pissed off the wrong team — and the wrong city.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On the other hand, Buffalo and KC are also small market. They may or may not like the Bengals, but it’s not size of market.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: On the other hand, Buffalo and KC are also small market. They may or may not like the Bengals, but it’s not size of market.

Not like vs. Favor teams is the more appropriate term. Buffalo is in New York. It’s not small market. KC has Mahomes and Andy Reid. End of story. But it’s more about favoritism than bias…. If that makes sense.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
“Choose violence.” -Sam Hubbard

Hang 50 on the rest of them and snatch the trophy from Goodell’s freckled ginger hands before he even has the chance to offer it to you.
Reply/Quote
or... they could just execute with pure precision?

They don't need to be angry to kick some ass.

Just a thought.

Be cool like Joe. Joe Brrr
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not like vs. Favor teams is the more appropriate term. Buffalo is in New York. It’s not small market. KC has Mahomes and Andy Reid. End of story. But it’s more about favoritism than bias…. If that makes sense.

Ok but Buffalo is still a small market. Smaller than Cincy. The state it’s in is irrelevant.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cincinnati has a much larger population then Buffalo.  Mellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_statistical_area
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “Choose violence.” -Sam Hubbard

Hang 50 on the rest of them and snatch the trophy from Goodell’s freckled ginger hands before he even has the chance to offer it to you.

If Burrow blows cigar smoke in his face I would be sooooo happy!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: or...  they could just execute with pure precision?

Just a thought.

Be cool like Joe.  Joe Brrr

They can be angry, and channel it well. I don't want to see us go and beat up on teams in a dirty fashion. 

I want us to be hard-hitting and physical as that's the nature of the game. But to do it right, and play like a team possessed. 

Beat all these guys by showing we're a better team than they are. 

I want them to say that nobody was beating the Bengals to the Lombardi trophy this year, and I want them to say it because we were just playing too damn well.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:45 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Cincinnati has a much larger population then Buffalo.  Mellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_statistical_area

The city size means nothing...NYCity has the Jets and Giants...the rest of the state is pretty much Bill's fans..just imagine if we did not have the Colts or Browns to compete with.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The writing is on the wall and the NFL wants the Bengals as disadvantaged as possible in the postseason. A return to the Super Bowl is a nightmare to many outside Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is a smaller market and wildly unpopular with the national sports media.  Keyshawn Johnson hates the Bengals week in and week out.  Bart Scott talks about a “red dot” on Joe Burrow and blames Tee Higgins for Monday Night’s on-field tragedy.  Zac Taylor did the right thing on Monday Night and the NFL is making an example of him in particular and the Bengals in general.

It’s time to use this induced adversity being heaped on the Cincinnati Bengals as fuel for a growing competitive fire.  It’s time for Joe Burrow and the guys to feed the entire NFL a gigantic shitburger and win the Super Bowl by going scorched earth on every opponent, starting on Sunday against the Ratbirds.  We saw it in the first nine minutes on Monday Night and the Buffalo Bills were about to get rolled, curb stomped, and run out of Paycor Stadium.  I’ve never seen the Bengals playing so sharp and physically.

Winning solves everything. Winning in blowouts earns respect.  Zac is mad.  Lou Anarumo is upset.  Katie Blackburn isn’t happy.  Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon are furious.  I hope the team integrates all this anger and unfair treatment and takes out their collective frustration on Baltimore and every playoff opponent.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree and the best revenge for the NFL's biased decision is to go out and win the whole enchilada 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Run the score up on every team embarrass people. Make a statement that they cannot ignore break every record possible and have no mercy. No more knees at end of a game go deep.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Run the score up on every team embarrass people. Make a statement that they cannot ignore break every record possible and have no mercy. No more knees at end of a game go deep.

I do believe the Bengals have knelt on it inside the twenty twice this year. No more

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: or...  they could just execute with pure precision?

Just a thought.

Be cool like Joe.  Joe Brrr

Seen too many times being angry leads to poor results, including in sports. I think you're right: Be cool like Joe Joe Brrr.

Focused. Don't take a play off. But keep a cool head.  

And don't need the refs hitting Bengals with penalties if we barely touch one of the other players. Smile, like Michael Jordan taking an opposing player out to dinner the night before a game. But have the killer instinct inside.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: Seen too many times being angry leads to poor results, including in sports. I think you're right: Be cool like Joe Joe Brrr.

Focused. Don't take a play off. But keep a cool head.  

And don't need the refs hitting Bengals with penalties if we barely touch one of the other players. Smile, like Michael Jordan taking an opposing player out to dinner the night before a game. But have the killer instinct inside.

I was going to say "Ice Cold Killing Machines" but thought people might get ruffled.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The writing is on the wall and the NFL wants the Bengals as disadvantaged as possible in the postseason. A return to the Super Bowl is a nightmare to many outside Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is a smaller market and wildly unpopular with the national sports media.  Keyshawn Johnson hates the Bengals week in and week out.  Bart Scott talks about a “red dot” on Joe Burrow and blames Tee Higgins for Monday Night’s on-field tragedy.  Zac Taylor did the right thing on Monday Night and the NFL is making an example of him in particular and the Bengals in general.

It’s time to use this induced adversity being heaped on the Cincinnati Bengals as fuel for a growing competitive fire.  It’s time for Joe Burrow and the guys to feed the entire NFL a gigantic shitburger and win the Super Bowl by going scorched earth on every opponent, starting on Sunday against the Ratbirds.  We saw it in the first nine minutes on Monday Night and the Buffalo Bills were about to get rolled, curb stomped, and run out of Paycor Stadium.  I’ve never seen the Bengals playing so sharp and physically.

Winning solves everything. Winning in blowouts earns respect.  Zac is mad.  Lou Anarumo is upset.  Katie Blackburn isn’t happy.  Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon are furious.  I hope the team integrates all this anger and unfair treatment and takes out their collective frustration on Baltimore and every playoff opponent.

My Goodness I just got fired up reading this!!! Just air fist pumped 5-6 times going through this. Let's just STEAMROLL everyone!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “Choose violence.” -Sam Hubbard

Take No Prisoners!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:55 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The city size means nothing...NYCity has the Jets and Giants...the rest of the state is pretty much Bill's fans..just imagine if we did not have the Colts or Browns to compete with.
No, you are delusional. Just imagine having to play the patriots twice a season for over 20 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:11 PM)Niagara Wrote: No, you are delusional. Just imagine having to play the patriots twice a season for over 20 years.

The AFC North is the toughest division in the NFL. Bar none.
Reply/Quote

Cincinnati is a smaller market and wildly unpopular with the national sports media. Keyshawn Johnson hates the Bengals week in and week out. Bart Scott talks about a “red dot” on Joe Burrow and blames Tee Higgins for Monday Night’s on-field tragedy. Zac Taylor did the right thing on Monday Night and the NFL is making an example of him in particular and the Bengals in general.

It’s time to use this induced adversity being heaped on the Cincinnati Bengals as fuel for a growing competitive fire. It’s time for Joe Burrow and the guys to feed the entire NFL a gigantic shitburger and win the Super Bowl by going scorched earth on every opponent, starting on Sunday against the Ratbirds. We saw it in the first nine minutes on Monday Night and the Buffalo Bills were about to get rolled, curb stomped, and run out of Paycor Stadium. I’ve never seen the Bengals playing so sharp and physically.

Winning solves everything. Winning in blowouts earns respect. Zac is mad. Lou Anarumo is upset. Katie Blackburn isn’t happy. Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon are furious. I hope the team integrates all this anger and unfair treatment and takes out their collective frustration on Baltimore and every playoff opponent.

I have to agree,I think that was the sharpest I’ve seen the Bengals lol all year long.Shame the game had to be canceled.

Let them name the place,anywhere,anytime.The Bengals just look unstoppable.Let’s Go Bengals!!! All the way to a Super Bowl win.
Reply/Quote