Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It’s Monday. Anyone Get Fired Yet?
Has anyone thought to consider how, given the Bengals have just been to 2 AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, if they start firing coaches because of 3 losses with an injured QB no coach in their right mind would want to come here? Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Has anyone thought to consider how, given the Bengals have just been to 2 AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, if they start firing coaches because of 3 losses with an injured QB no coach in their right mind would want to come here? Asking for a friend.

If it was the OL coach (whos unit were not a strong point in either the AFCCG or the Super Bowl) that might be one thing. But yep, I'm not sure who else people would reasonable expect to be fired after a poor start to the season. Yesterday was a joke, but I don't agree firing the coaches is the right response to it. 
Reply/Quote
We let the QB decide if he plays or not, so I am pretty sure we are going to let each coach decide if he gets fired or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Has anyone thought to consider how, given the Bengals have just been to 2 AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, if they start firing coaches because of 3 losses with an injured QB no coach in their right mind would want to come here? Asking for a friend.

It's all fantalk.  We are just blowing off steam because we're frustrated.  We all deep down know that ZT is going to be here as long if not longer than Burrow and given some of our ages, ZT may be the last new HC we see in our lifetimes.

I live in Steeler country and people have been talking about firing Tomlin every week following a loss for the past 14 years.

With that being said, if this year continues to be the disaster that it is and our offense ends the year on the bottom-tier we might MIGHT think about bringing in a different OC, preferably one who is good at calling plays.  But even then we still have the injuries excuse.

I think firing ZT would be way premature, but at the same time it's a bit amusing that any game he coaches without a healthy Burrow is just automatically placed in the "No one can win this game" pile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: If it was the OL coach (whos unit were not a strong point in either the AFCCG or the Super Bowl) that might be one thing. But yep, I'm not sure who else people would reasonable expect to be fired after a poor start to the season. Yesterday was a joke, but I don't agree firing the coaches is the right response to it. 

Our Head Coach and both coordinators (Anarumo and Callahan) have earned the benefit of doubt. We're talking about the people that turned this franchise around and almost won a ring 1.5 year ago. I'm willing to give the staff this year and see if they can fix the issues we're facing now. Zac won't be fired not matter what, but someone will have to be fired at the end of the season if we end up winning 2-4 games. If the trend continues I think Callahan will be the sacrificial lamb in January because the offense is by far the biggest weakness of this team.

Can you imagine a Burrow-led offense scoring 16 offensive TDs the entire season (we're averaging less than 1 offensive TD per game)? God knows what San Francisco will do against this Zac/InjuriedBurrow offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Early season firing and who do they replace those fired coaches with?  It isn't like it is the off season and there are a lot of available coaches looking to move up in their careers.  I suppose you could promote from within and see what happens.  I just don't think we are going to see any of that happen.

So question for those looking for coaches to get fired what are some names of coaches you want to replace them with and why would they be better than the current coaches?

Overall I too am not happy with coaching, especially yesterday.   But when you call to fire someone you have to consider who will replace them.

Promote Lou to head coach let him keep calling the defense plays. Turn the offense over to Callahan tell him if shit isn't fixed by the end of the year, then we are bringing in new OC next year. Tell the Oline coach the same if shit is not working like clockwork run blocking and pass blocking by the end of the year then he is gone as well.

The reason you give the OC and Oline coach till the end of the year is the selection you will have to replace them with in the off season. As well as most likely nobody gets fired until we are like 1-8 or so which is a possibility if we continue to play an injured Burrow.

The only hope I have in Burrow right now is he plays better when he is pissed off and I am sure he is not happy right now. Just think the injury will be too much to overcome.
Reply/Quote
No one is getting fired even though the offense is the worst in the league in both yards and points through 4 games now. One would think with a hobbled up Burrow the run game should be standing out more. Nope, that part of the offense is second to last in NFL. Can't pass, can't run, can't score. Definitely not a coaching issue.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 05:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No one is getting fired even though the offense is the worst in the league in both yards and points through 4 games now. One would think with a hobbled up Burrow the run game should be standing out more. Nope, that part of the offense is second to last in NFL. Can't pass, can't run, can't score. Definitely not a coaching issue.

What's the issue then? Execution? Lack of talent? Scheme? Maybe that damn calf ended our season earlier than we thought.
Reply/Quote

There's really no one to let go right at this second.

If anything, let Callahan or Pollack call (more) offensive plays rather than Taylor to see if it gets more creative.

Most teams don't have an offensive playcaller who can morph their calls every week on a dime based on what's working vs not, who is injured, etc.

I do think we've seen the run game improve from an efficiency perspective, but the offense as a whole is still heavily reliant on big plays from Burrow's arm.

This offense right now is reminding me of the 2014 WC against the Colts that they lost 10-26.
They were without Green, Jones, Eifert, and Gresham, so Dalton had basically no one to pass to.
Colts just stuffed the LOS and sat on short routes because they knew no passes were going deep.
Jackson couldn't get creative enough to compensate for injuries.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 05:05 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What's the issue then? Execution? Lack of talent? Scheme? Maybe that damn calf ended our season earlier than we thought.

I don't know, ask 10 different fans, get 10 different answers. Though most agree Burrow with a bad leg is the main cause. But to be the absolute worst offense in the league due to that, seems to be other issues involved for sure imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote