Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s Monday Morning. Anyone Fired Yet?
Marvin can't save this D. He never has been able to. Only reason the D was respectable was because of Zimmer and his scheme.

The D breaking records (bad ones), should be enough to get Marvin - the Defensive guru- canned. But there's been enough to get Marvin canned the past 15 years and it's never happened. And won't.

And it's not a given Katie and Co will manage the team any different. They would have called a family meeting and made changes by now if she and her husband really thought it was time for a new direction. Marvin's big 4 coaching issues (Playoffs, Primetime games, Steelers, and post bye losses) still haven't been corrected, and likely won't be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was about Blitz Packages. (They're like Jamarcus Russell.)

JaMarcus Russell thinks “Blitz” is a brand of beer.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A ) I doubt that they could afford Del Rio.
B ) You're going to hire an offensive coordinator from outside of the organization mid-season?
C ) What has Lazor done? The defense has been really bad, but our offense consists mainly of running screens and 3 yard throws.

The Bengals had Marvin Lewis's contract up and Lewis was hinting at leaving and Mike Brown was kind of freaking out.

They can easily afford Del Rio, Brown just isn't going to pony up the money to make something like that happen. You're right that the Family would have Hobson spin it that way, but they have the money. Maybe the Family could use some of the money they made from charging players to rent television at training camp towards bringing in a better class of coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:12 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Did you read the full article I linked?  It's interesting for sure.

Why did you give us a link of a jubilant Andy dancing after such a horrendous loss?  Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:12 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Did you read the full article I linked?  It's interesting for sure.

Not yet, I will when I get my work caught up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:14 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Del Rio coming over sounds very appealing, but like most say, not likely to happen.

Why not? Coaching beats doing nothing!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:21 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: They can easily afford Del Rio, Brown just isn't going to pony up the money to make something like that happen. You're right that the Family would have Hobson spin it that way, but they have the money. Maybe the Family could use some of the money they made from charging players to rent television at training camp towards bringing in a better class of coordinator.

Exactly. They're not interested in it.
Reply/Quote
Brown is probably in the process of giving Teryl an extension
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:27 AM)Trademark Wrote: Brown is probably in the process of giving Teryl an extension

Probably like, in 2 years...you're our HC. Gotta just go with the flow!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:06 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just released news a few minutes ago. From Cincinnati.com Marvin stated he still has confidence in Austin and believes the defense will have significant improvements next week.

I really should not have clicked that...

Full disclosure: I watched the entire thing, didn’t even mute it. I couldn’t stop watching, it was hilarious. As a side note, I now feel better about my dancing abilities and I’m thinking about hitting up the club and getting jiggy wit it.

#don’tyoujudgeme
#ibetdaltonkaraokesthatsong
Reply/Quote
ESPN reporting Austin is gone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1061993137390923780

Fired

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:03 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Paul Alexander was employed by Buster Brown for like 76 years. Nobody is going anywhere.

^Hand up. I was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: ^Hand up. I was wrong.

Apparently 51 points and 500 yards was Mike Brown’s tipping point.
Reply/Quote
Yep ..
https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/reports-cincinnati-bengals-fire-defensive-coordinator/KmSgwLIMuQNPH1dl18CkUO/

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not yet, I will when I get my work caught up.

Its a Rickroll, don't bother.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its a Rickroll, don't bother.

Ah, have a sense of humor.  Bonus points because some don't seem to know what a rick roll is. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just saw that Marvin Lewis is taking over DC position for the rest of the year.

Wow. Dude can barely handle his own responsibilities. Should be a shit show.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just saw that Marvin Lewis is taking over DC position for the rest of the year.

Wow. Dude can barely handle his own responsibilities. Should be a shit show.

Would you have preferred Haslett? Or do you just want to complain either way?

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:17 PM)JLeClair55 Wrote: Yep ..
https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/reports-cincinnati-bengals-fire-defensive-coordinator/KmSgwLIMuQNPH1dl18CkUO/

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I remember Jim LeClair. He was a tackling machine!
Reply/Quote