Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
It’s all simple really
(12-24-2023, 06:05 PM)Housh Wrote: Were ranked 30th on D and the guy we left went to another team and made them top 10

I get some ppl like to be devils advocate on here but when your takes totally neglect reality i can’t rock with that

(12-24-2023, 06:06 PM)Housh Wrote: I’ll cashapp you 6748839 dollars if you screenshot where the he’ll i said
This

If you think Bates is the sole reason the Falcons are so much better on defense you must think he is a Reed/Polamalu clone. He isnt.

The truth is the Falcons have played shitty QBs & teams in most of their games. Panthers twice, Bears, Bucs, Commanders, Titans, Love's second start, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints.

Bates NEVER performed to the level he is this season with us. We made the right call with Bates, only stupid teams sign a safety to 16M per year with our roster and his previous performance.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you think Bates is the sole reason the Falcons are so much better on defense you must think he is a Reed/Polamalu clone. He isnt.

The truth is the Falcons have played shitty QBs & teams in most of their games. Panthers twice, Bears, Bucs, Commanders, Titans, Love's second start, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints.

Bates NEVER performed to the level he is this season with us. We made the right call with Bates, only stupid teams sign a safety to 16M per year with our roster and his previous performance.

Yep and Bates went to a team that probably won't be paying for a top QB any time soon. All of their best offensive players are on rookie deals too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:16 PM)Synric Wrote: This is where your post loses traction. Its all about the defensive line. Outside of Trey Hendrickson and DJ Reader there has been alot of average to below average play on the DL. When those two players come off the field the defense changes drastically. The Bengals need to attack the IDL in Free Agency and in the Draft this off-season. 

Hubbard is the #1 run stopping DE in the league. It's not all about pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you think Bates is the sole reason the Falcons are so much better on defense you must think he is a Reed/Polamalu clone.  He isnt.  

The truth is the Falcons have played shitty QBs & teams in most of their games.  Panthers twice, Bears, Bucs, Commanders, Titans, Love's second start, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints.

Bates NEVER performed to the level he is this season with us.  We made the right call with Bates, only stupid teams sign a safety to 16M per year with our roster and his previous performance.

Well he's having an Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu type season this year!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 05:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, geez.

Bates had 1 interception in his 4th season, along with 3 pass breakups, Dax had more of both in his first 8 games.  Bates never had more than 3 INTs until last year when he had 4.  The revisionist history that Bates was a great ballhawk we let walk is crazy.  He also led the team in missed tackles.  He also gave up both TDs in the AFCCG.  Bates is a good player, but we would be stupid to pay a safety 16M per with this roster.

This amateur take that Bates was a combination of Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu is so amateur. 

The dline and LB play have been much worse than the safeties after Battle replaced Scott.   

Finally, someone who gets it. Playoff Jessie was great here. Regular season Jessie, not so much
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hubbard is the #1 run stopping DE in the league. It's not all about pass rush.

He's not even top 10 in 2023 and that is around 40% of total snaps which means he's average at best for over half his reps. Hubbard is a solid starting Defensive End but Murphy has a good shot taking his snaps because he has the ability as a run defender and pass rusher. 

Edit: BTW Maxx Crosby has probabaly been the best Run stopping DE in the NFL over rhe last few years. Yes Hubbard had a high stop rate but so did Crosby with double to amount of negative run plays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: He's not even top 10 in 2023 and that is around 40% of total snaps which means he's average at best for over half his reps. Hubbard is a solid starting Defensive End but Murphy has a good shot taking his snaps because he has the ability as a run defender and pass rusher. 

Edit: BTW Maxx Crosby has probabaly been the best Run stopping DE in the NFL over rhe last few years. Yes Hubbard had a high stop rate but so did Crosby with double to amount of negative run plays.

I still haven't gotten over Crosby going right after Ryan Finley.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The defense was gonna drop losing the pieces we did in the secondary. Without CTB and Awuzie clearly still not back to complete form we essentially have a completely different secondary. It will take time but the new group may never reach those heights.

The defensive backfield didn't just drop off, they are a HISTORICALLY bad defensive backfield.
Reply/Quote
It’s over. If this team can’t beat mason rudolph and the Steelers, who in the playoffs will they beat? First round loss is not something to strive for
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 05:05 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: The defensive backfield didn't just drop off, they are a HISTORICALLY bad defensive backfield.

My point was letting 3 guys go is bad enough and plenty of reason to expect a drop off. Then add in no CTB and Awuzie clearly not 100% we basically have a brand new secondary. They have definitely been bad in spots. But they are also super young. We didn't want to play Dax a 1st rd pick too much last year because he was a rookie. Now we have a 2nd and 3rd pick starting.
Reply/Quote