• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s easy to deceive ourselves by believing what we are told
In 2017, PFF had:

Josh Rosen
Sam Darnold
Maurice Hurst
Josh Jackson

In the top 10.

Will Hernandez, Connor Williams, and Jamarco Jones were projected first rounders.

Did I agree with them - no for the most part.

2nd tier offensive lineman are easy picks to get overheated about - I was never a big Connor Williams fan but would have drafted Will Hernandez in the second.

Players like Dillon Randuz and Quinn Meinerz are easy to fall in love with because of the story or how clean their technique is.

Taking Carmen Jackson over those two or others might seem to be a stupid decision, but even taking the ‘easy’ picks seem to have risk.

I’m going to wait and see. The more I think about it, if the Bengals use him right this should be a good draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Nice example. I am hearing that the Bengals have liked Carmen for a while Big Willy worked with him and liked him furthermore he worked with some in Dallas Texas who were impressed with Carmen as a guard. Chris Simms said something to the effect that Carmen was the best pure guard in the draft. I don't know about that because I was a big Kendrick Green fan. But that was their guy and we have to trust Frank and others on this one
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote