Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins apparently has Medical issues
I thought just hip and details are murky. Don't think Bengals can afford taking risk on Dickerson or Jenkins but both are tempting at #38.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought just hip and details are murky.  Don't think Bengals can afford taking risk on Dickerson or Jenkins but both are tempting at #38.  

some teams could afford to stash him for a year.. But we arent one agreed.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: some teams could afford to stash him for a year.. But we arent one agreed.

Dunno about that.
Reiff is starting this year at RT, so if they add an OT, that person may not need to play this year if they can get an actual G to start.
Maybe they could get Jenkins at Rd 2 and someone like Kendrick Green in Rd 3 or 4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunno about that.
Reiff is starting this year at RT, so if they add an OT, that person may not need to play this year if they can get an actual G to start.
Maybe they could get Jenkins at Rd 2 and someone like Kendrick Green in Rd 3 or 4.

Right and if either of those guys miss time?  Williams has yet to finish a season.

and OT that even if not on the field could come in and be the 6th OL for those type of plays (if we have any anymore) is also helpful
Reply/Quote
Medical issues are confidential and with HIPPA, need authorization which is time limited, but that is why team Drs also assess. I Have no faith in Bengals team Drs. WTS, out of Jenkins and Dickerson, tough choice there if they want to risk it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right and if either of those guys miss time?  Williams has yet to finish a season.

and OT that even if not on the field could come in and be the 6th OL for those type of plays (if we have any anymore) is also helpful

That's what Adeniji and Johnson are for.
They aren't great, but Adeniji does have athleticism to hang at OT and Johnson was better at OT than G.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If this isn’t being overblown then just take Eichenberg and move on. Could take a shot on Jenkins in round 3 if he’s still there as long as we’ve already drafted a starting OL in 2 but our first OL pick needs to be a day one starter anywhere on the line
Reply/Quote
Does this turn Jenkins into this year's Josh Jones?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:59 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If this isn’t being overblown then just take Eichenberg and move on. Could take a shot on Jenkins in round 3 if he’s still there as long as we’ve already drafted a starting OL in 2 but our first OL pick needs to be a day one starter anywhere on the line

Thiiiiiiissssssssss^^^^^^

But no on Cosmi he has no versatility. Eichenberg can move inside and maul
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Thiiiiiiissssssssss^^^^^^

But no on Cosmi he has no versatility.  Eichenberg can move inside and maul

Samuel Cosmi has played both Left and Right Tackle so I would say he is as versatile as Liam Eichenberg. Cosmi is probably also a better scheme fit athletically in the wide/outside zone the Bengals are talking about running. Although Eichenberg did playing in that system in 2020 at Notre Dame.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Samuel Cosmi has played both Left and Right Tackle so I would say he is as versatile as Liam Eichenberg. Cosmi is probably also a better scheme fit athletically in the wide/outside zone the Bengals are talking about running. Although Eichenberg did playing in that system in 2020 at Notre Dame.

We have Both a left and right tackle bud. We need interior and Eichenberg can play guard which Cosmi cannot. Throw Eichenberg at guard and forget about it. If something happens to either tackle Eichenberg can step in. Eichenberg makes wayyyy more sense than Cosmi.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:24 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We have Both a left and right tackle bud.  We need interior and Eichenberg can play guard which Cosmi cannot.  Throw Eichenberg at guard and forget about it.  If something happens to either tackle Eichenberg can step in.  Eichenberg makes wayyyy more sense than Cosmi.

we have a guy listed at both positions yes... doesnt mean we are set there.. Reiff can kick inside if a better option is available.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:24 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We have Both a left and right tackle bud.  We need interior and Eichenberg can play guard which Cosmi cannot.  Throw Eichenberg at guard and forget about it.  If something happens to either tackle Eichenberg can step in.  Eichenberg makes wayyyy more sense than Cosmi.

Eichenberg has literally never played guard in his life. It can't be true for one and not the other. Speculation is not fact.
Reply/Quote

As others have mentioned Liam Eichenberg has only played Left Tackle so he would technically have less versatility than Samuel Cosmi. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Whether he does or he doesn't, this is something the Bengals will want you to believe when they pick somebody else.

It's so easy to be cynical about this team. They give you no reason not to be.
Reply/Quote

Yes and no.  We have a 32 year old RT on a 1 year deal and a guy that has played 10/32 games since being here.

We need guys everywhere on the line since we also have a C coming off an ACL along wit 2 very average starters at OG.

What we really need is to hit on a STUD in rounds 2 and 3.   Tackle, OG, C, I don't care, we just can't miss like we did with Ced and Fisher
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have a guy listed at both positions yes... doesnt mean we are set there.. Reiff can kick inside if a better option is available.

Agreed. We can't pass on a better prospect "cuz Reiff".

The dude is on a 1 year deal. Kick him inside if need be. He already said he's fine with moving, and he's done it before.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Don't like it. Both Jenkins and Dickerson are great talents but we need players to be able to step in immediately as rookies.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like it. Both Jenkins and Dickerson are great talents but we need players to be able to step in immediately as rookies.

So instead we picked a guy coming off Back surgery instead and prior surgery that missed pro day with recovery that should be ok on opening day..  got it.
Reply/Quote