Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It’s time to bench Ross
I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's time to dump Bullock and Taylor two losers.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.

Made a conversion on third. Potential TD was slightly overthrown by Burrow. Bobble was bad.

How about Boyd, didn’t see much of him today either.

Maybe they’d all perform better with a better Oline and better scheme...
Reply/Quote
No way Higgins has worse hands

We should’ve went OL

That was a bad pick period

and crazy part is i think Higgy is a good player

But we had a NEED at OL and ignored it for a 5th string WR
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Made a conversion on third. Potential TD was slightly overthrown by Burrow. Bobble was bad.

How about Boyd, didn’t see much of him today either.

Maybe they’d all perform better with a better Oline and better scheme...

Boyd was fantastic when it counted. Ross is just bad. Make him the wr 5 behind Higgins and tate
Reply/Quote
Even if he couldn't have made that catch in the endzone in bounds you need to have some effort to make the play. Lay out for it.

Just sticking your arms forward a tad, while the ball is inches away, reminds of an outfielder that makes no attempt to go and try to catch a ball at the wall, and just lets it sail over.
Reply/Quote
I've also been one of his biggest defenders, expecting he'd have finally ironed out his issues by his 4th year.
He hasn't apparently, and you're right, he deserves to be benched over Tate.

It's frustrating that Ross went from catching 81 passes his final season in college to this. His hand size is probably a factor, as he has smaller than 9" hands.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ross has no route running or tough catch ability

He is fast and must be used as such. End arounds, screens, drags. Those are the only plays Ross should be on in
Reply/Quote
Ignore the dead money. It's time to cut Ross.

He's literally producing negative value. You'd get more value in paying him to NOT be on this roster than you do paying him to be on it. It's a sunk cost, so just cut him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:53 PM)Housh Wrote: No way Higgins has worse hands

We should’ve went OL

No doubt. I was hoping this guy would slide to us:

https://sports.yahoo.com/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-140637476.html

Quote:On Friday evening in Davidson Country, Tennessee, Titans first-round guard Isaiah Wilson was arrested for a DUI. Buck Reising of A to Z Sports Nashville was the first with the report.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He missed an easy one no doubt but he also made a tough catch on the final drive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've also been one of his biggest defenders, expecting he'd have finally ironed out his issues by his 4th year.
He hasn't apparently, and you're right, he deserves to be benched over Tate.

It's frustrating that Ross went from catching 81 passes his final season in college to this. His hand size is probably a factor, as he has smaller than 9" hands.

It absolutely is a factor

My hands are small as well and pass catching was never easy for me. You basically try to catch everything with your body that you feel may be a difficult pass.

Guys with large hands like Randy Moss can catch 60 mph balls with ease. Ross will never make AJ Green like catches where he plucks the ball out the air.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.

The ball didn't go through his hands.  It was a hair too far in front him.  He did double catch the one at the end resulting in an incompletion, but it didn't make any real difference on the game.  In fairness, he did make a leaping catch on a ball thrown behind him to get them into Chargers territory.

Hopefully Higgins develops into a bigger role as the season goes on.  The WR group is pretty wretched right now.  AJ looked like a past his prime possession WR.  Mike Thomas, a guy with 10 catches in 4 years in the league, looked like one of the better guys out there.  That should tell us something.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:56 PM)Housh Wrote: Ross has no route running or tough catch ability

He is fast and must be used as such. End arounds, screens, drags. Those are the only plays Ross should be on in

and you really don't see anything of those play calls you just mentioned. Should be the status quo!

Reply/Quote

We should’ve went OL

While OL was a need, that was considered a bad OL draft class.
The first OL didn't go until pick 20, and only two OL went in the 1st round (Bolles, Ramczyk).

With that said, both of the OL drafted in the 1st round have been solid (Bolles) or better (Ramczyk), but both were considered a reach at the time of the draft. Not to mention the Bengals were also still expecting (hoping) Ogbuehi and/or Fisher would become a quality starter at that point.

I agree with you though, WR wasn't a need, but I think the more logical move at the time would have been Howard (TE), Lattimore (CB), Hooker (S), or Barnett (DE). All have been way better than Ross at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

We should’ve went OL

(09-13-2020, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I was hoping this guy would slide to us:

https://sports.yahoo.com/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-140637476.html

I think the problem is you couldn't go into the season expecting AJ Green to be healthy or to stay healthy, and Ross has never stayed healthy, so the Bengals were a little driven into a corner there. 

Plus both AJ and Ross are FA after this year.

I do think they needed to address the OL more, but I understand and agree with the Higgins pick even if it didn't contribute anything today.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.
Speaking of which they're on the 3 yrd line for the win. Where was Tate 6'5 and Higgins 6'4 to go with Uzomah 6'5 and Green 6'4???

Just a a little f'n common sense.

DAMN IT!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even if he couldn't have made that catch in the endzone in bounds you need to have some effort to make the play. Lay out for it.

Just sticking your arms forward a tad, while the ball is inches away, reminds of an outfielder that makes no attempt to go and try to catch a ball at the wall, and just lets it sail over.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: The ball didn't go through his hands.  It was a hair too far in front him.  He did double catch the one at the end resulting in an incompletion, but it didn't make any real difference on the game.  In fairness, he did make a leaping catch on a ball thrown behind him to get them into Chargers territory.

Hopefully Higgins develops into a bigger role as the season goes on.  The WR group is pretty wretched right now.  AJ looked like a past his prime possession WR.  Mike Thomas, a guy with 10 catches in 4 years in the league, looked like one of the better guys out there.  That should tell us something.

If he stretches out for that ball in the EZ he catches it easily. There was 0 effort on his part.

Reply/Quote
I agree. AJ and Boyd should be out there, then Higgins, and then Ross. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but I did watch the entire second half. Ross would be on the field with Green while Boyd was on the sidelines. Boyd has to be out there. He always comes up big. There's no way in hell I would ever want or put Ross on the field over Boyd. Ever.
Reply/Quote