Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It’s time to bench Ross
(09-13-2020, 09:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I agree. AJ and Boyd should be out there, then Higgins, and then Ross. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but I did watch the entire second half. Ross would be on the field with Green while Boyd was on the sidelines. Boyd has to be out there. He always comes up big. There's no way in hell I would ever want or put Ross on the field over Boyd. Ever.

Yeah this is an issue

There is NO PACKAGE where Ross is more adept than Boyd

I felt bad for Boyd this game

He’s never really played with healthy AJ. Healthy AJ means Boyd gets 7 targets TOPS
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he stretches out for that ball in the EZ he catches it easily. There was 0 effort on his part.

He had his arms fully extended.  If he lays out for it, he might not stay in bounds.  Seriously, it's his fault he was overthrown?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: He had his arms fully extended.  If he lays out for it, he might not stay in bounds.  Seriously, it's his fault he was overthrown?

I’ve been seeing that stupid take A LOT. People just see what they want to see
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’ve been seeing that stupid take A LOT. People just see what they want to see

he was overthrown just as Green was!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:48 PM)RASCAL Wrote: he was overthrown just as Green was!

And I just want to point out, that doesnt make burrow bad. I dont hate burrow. He just overthrew a couple times today. Some people wont admit it for whatever pathological reason
Reply/Quote
Watching the live play, it look like it went through his hands. He tried to speed up, the 2nd replay showed that it was over thrown a bit and if he dove for it, he probably wouldn't have got two feet down.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Ross also had a false start on the final drive.
Reply/Quote
Like with ZT I'll say it's just one week and not to overreact, but again these guys don't exactly have a lot of good games in their past that we can look back on and use to calm our fears.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even if he couldn't have made that catch in the endzone in bounds you need to have some effort to make the play.  Lay out for it.

Just sticking your arms forward a tad, while the ball is inches away, reminds of an outfielder that makes no attempt to go and try to catch a ball at the wall, and just lets it sail over.

Huh? Whether he catches the ball or lays out for it, he's going to be out of bounds. No way was he going to be inbound catching the ball.....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:16 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ross also had a false start on the final drive.

Forgot about that. Guy is just a liability out there.

Reply/Quote
To those saying if he laid out he goes out of bounds...no. When the ball clips his fingers he is 3 to 4 yards short of the back boundary line, you have to layout for that ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.

You should probably get your eyes checked.  It was a horrible pass and an overthrow.  Joe burrow said it himself in the post game presser.  They showed the replay in slo mo showing the pass was clearly out of reach.  Whats next we gonna start blaming aj for not "laying out" for the other terrible pass by burrow.  Also I think we should blame gio for mixons fumble...he should have wispered in his ear before the play to remind him to hold on to it tighter.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: To those saying if he laid out he goes out of bounds...no. When the ball clips his fingers he is 3 to 4 yards short of the back boundary line, you have to layout for that ball.

Thank you.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:24 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: You should probably get your eyes checked.  It was a horrible pass and an overthrow.  Joe burrow said it himself in the post game presser.  They showed the replay in slo mo showing the pass was clearly out of reach.  Whats next we gonna start blaming aj for not "laying out" for the other terrible pass by burrow.  Also I think we should blame gio for mixons fumble...he should have wispered in his ear before the play to remind him to hold on to it tighter.

AU165 is one of the most knowledgeable football guys on this board and he just agreed Ross could have laid out for that catch. His opinion counts for more to me than a bunch of people who harbor a grudge (seriously LOL at rating this thread 1 star) because I criticized OSU or Andy Dalton in the past...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AU165 is one of the most knowledgeable football guys on this board and he just agreed Ross could have laid out for that catch. His opinion counts for more to me than a bunch of people who harbor a grudge (seriously LOL at rating this thread 1 star) because I criticized OSU or Andy Dalton in the past...

That ball wasn’t perfect, but you just want to see more effort there. Burrow sailed one to AJ right after so it’s not like he didn’t have his share in this one, but a rookie QB gets the ball that close in the end zone you have to try and help him out.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: That ball wasn’t perfect, but you just want to see more effort there. Burrow sailed one to AJ right after so it’s not like he didn’t have his share in this one, but a rookie QB gets the ball that close in the end zone you have to try and help him out.

Agreed. I never claimed it was a perfect throw. In college Burrow usually dropped that right in there. Still, it’s always something with Ross. If he did lay out for it he probably hurts himself anyway. He’s such a frustrating player.

Reply/Quote
0 catches on two targets last night. 2 catches for 17 yds through the first couple games.

Enough is enough. Get Auden Tate in there. All we heard coming out of camp was how good Burrow and Tate were looking together.

Reply/Quote
Ross should not have made the roster as far as I'm concerned. Lap made the case clear last week. He doesn't have any drive, he's a liability and the only excuse I can make for him is his line is so terrible perhaps he can't bloom under these conditions. Except other WRs have and that is the sticking-place: If Ross can't cut it, we will move on.

After this season we will, but he's been a culpability since his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
We’ve now seen Ross with 2 different QB’s (Finley doesn’t even count) and 2 different HC’s. The problem is him. I can admit when I’m wrong.

Reply/Quote
Yep, time for Ross to ride off into the sunset and let Higgins and Tate take over his spot. He just is not good.
Reply/Quote