Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It’s time to bench Ross
(09-13-2020, 09:06 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Speaking of which they're on the 3 yrd line for the win. Where was Tate 6'5 and Higgins 6'4 to go with Uzomah 6'5 and Green 6'4???

Just a a little f'n common sense.

DAMN IT!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's the execution, blah, blah, blah....

If the players out there executed they would have scored, blah, blah, blah...

It isn't the scheme or game plan, blah, blah, blah....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ignore the dead money. It's time to cut Ross.

He's literally producing negative value. You'd get more value in paying him to NOT be on this roster than you do paying him to be on it. It's a sunk cost, so just cut him.

I've literally been saying this since last season and people on here were blind to this fact. We could get better production at another position from an UFA. It's good to see people waking up to this fact.
Reply/Quote
I think I've finally hit that breaking point with Ross.
He should have been one of the most productive receivers with Green and Boyd both out there.
Instead, he got only 2 targets with 0 receptions.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him inactive next week over Tate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think I've finally hit that breaking point with Ross.
He should have been one of the most productive receivers with Green and Boyd both out there.
Instead, he got only 2 targets with 0 receptions.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him inactive next week over Tate.

The more he drops it, the less Burrow is going to throw it to him, open or not. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The more he drops it, the less Burrow is going to throw it to him, open or not. 

I actually watched the game last night since it was on prime time, but I don't recall either being a drop. The second one I vividly remember being a throw that was off, but I don't believe Ross was looking for the ball.
Was the first one a drop?
I'll have to go back to that first target and see.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If I had to deactivate a WR for a game,it certainly would be Ross,and not Auden Tate.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:49 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If I had to deactivate a WR for a game,it certainly would be Ross,and not Auden Tate.

Unfortunately, the rest of the WRs aren't getting much separation (feels like we've been saying that since Jones and Sanu left).
But it doesn't matter how much Ross gets separation if he isn't relied upon to catch it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It was nice to see Higgins get some action. Thought he did well with his time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It was nice to see Higgins get some action. Thought he did well with his time.

I thought so too.
It's not good though when only one WR has more yards than your RB (40).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, I’ve seen enough from Ross. He isn’t cutting it and I don’t want him back. I had high hopes for him, but it just isn’t happening. AJ also didn’t look right last night. If his play doesn’t improve, he may not be back, either.
Reply/Quote
61 pass attempts and our 4th year top 10 pick WR gets 2 targets and 0 receptions. Brutal.

We aren't even bothering with the typical worrying he's going to go to New England or Pittsburgh and put up monster numbers.
Reply/Quote
Ross is a waste of a uniform, never gets open, never completes his route, no effort when a pass is thrown his way. Why is he even on the team? I would rank him last of the receivers on this team. No way he should be playing unless we lose 2 or 3 Receivers, due to injury during the game. Another first round burst by the bengals, thanks mike brown and family for your crack assessment of talent. Oh by the way, Price another example of great talent scouting. You can’t keep blowing first round picks year and year and expect to compete in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been one of the biggest defenders of this guy, but enough is enough. One ball right through his hands for a TD, and another huge play negated because he bobbled it on the sideline. He’s just not any good. Get Tee Higgins or Auden Tate in there, and let Ross walk after this year. I’ve seen enough.

I like Mike Thomas over him for sure
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:01 AM)Timanky12 Wrote: Ross is a waste of a uniform, never gets open, never completes his route, no effort when a pass is thrown his way. 

The ball has to be perfectly placed for Ross to catch it, then it's 50-50 if he drops it. He will not lay out for a long pass, and suffers from alligator arms whenever a defender is around. He is just not good. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:09 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Mike Thomas over him for sure

Thomas has played both games. Tate is who he’s holding back.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually watched the game last night since it was on prime time, but I don't recall either being a drop. The second one I vividly remember being a throw that was off, but I don't believe Ross was looking for the ball.
Was the first one a drop?
I'll have to go back to that first target and see.

It’s been lack of effort so far, not necessarily drops.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 61 pass attempts and our 4th year top 10 pick WR gets 2 targets and 0 receptions. Brutal.

We aren't even bothering with the typical worrying he's going to go to New England or Pittsburgh and put up monster numbers.

Actually I saw someone this morning on here say Pittsburgh would “know how to use him” LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually I saw someone this morning on here say Pittsburgh would “know how to use him” LOL

Marvin Lewis knew how to use him. Particularly in his rookie year.  Ok that's kinda harsh. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s been lack of effort so far, not necessarily drops.

I have a hard time understanding how a guy can go from 80 catches in one season in college to not be able to muster hardly anything in the NFL.
To have that many catches in a single season in college still requires a lot of effort.
WTF happened to him?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I have a hard time understanding how a guy can go from 80 catches in one season in college to not be able to muster hardly anything in the NFL.
To have that many catches in a single season in college still requires a lot of effort.
WTF happened to him?

Way tougher competition for one. PAC-12 isn’t exactly the SEC when it comes to defenses.

Reply/Quote