Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It HAS To Be RB Fournette or LB Foster
I'm leaning towards O J Howard over Foster or LF. There are many good running backs in the draft. Eifert has yet completed a full season without injury. His contract is up after this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 10:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm leaning towards O J Howard over Foster or LF.  There are many good running backs in the draft.  Eifert has yet completed a full season without injury.  His contract is up after this year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bengals select Howard with their 1st pick.  Although this draft was tagged as having a plethora of quality TEs, so I could see the same logic that you applied to running back being applied to the TE position, as well. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Does anyone think Jarrad Davis will be available in the second round?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 07:39 PM)bengalsnj Wrote: Does anyone think Jarrad Davis will be available in the second round?

Him or mcmillan will be.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 10:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm leaning towards O J Howard over Foster or LF.  There are many good running backs in the draft.  Eifert has yet completed a full season without injury.  His contract is up after this year.

I think this is likely with the best DE in the 2nd or the best RB.

(04-07-2017, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bengals select Howard with their 1st pick.  Although this draft was tagged as having a plethora of quality TEs, so I could see the same logic that you applied to running back being applied to the TE position, as well. 

For sure, just makes tons of sense for us to take Howard. The best TE in the deepest TE draft of all time...

Spells Mike Brown to me.

BPA is the way we need to go and we need a pass rusher and a RB IMHO very early.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would take Fournette over Barnett because he is a legitimate Top 10 talent and I agree with the majority of scouting services that have Barnett pegged as a mid-late 1st.  I would go with Ross over either, though.  

how can you say pass on  Barnett because is  a mid-late 1st round but you want to take Ross who also is mid-lates 1st round on most charts?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: how can you say pass on  Barnett because is  a mid-late 1st round but you want to take Ross who also is mid-lates 1st round on most charts?

Speed. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Speed. Mellow

And great skill.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:03 PM)McC Wrote: And great skill.

For sure. He isn't just speed, dude has good hands and runs decent routes.

Made Adoree Jackson look foolish in that one game i saw. Ross moves so fast sometimes you can't see him.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure. He isn't just speed, dude has good hands and runs decent routes.

Made Adoree Jackson look foolish in that one game i saw. Ross moves so fast sometimes you can't see him.

Quick, fast as hell and smooth as silk.  The fear factor that would come with him cannot be ignored.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I would take Foster all day long. LB has been an overlooked position too long on the Bengals D. We have a chance to have a scary good LB group with Minter, Foster, Burfict playing behind Atkins and Billings.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: I would take Foster all day long. LB has been an overlooked position too long on the Bengals D. We have a chance to have a scary good LB group with Minter, Foster, Burfict playing behind Atkins and Billings.

If I'm drafting a LB at 9, he'd better be able to rush the passer and shut down TE's.  Can Foster do either of these?

To me, LB is not a first round need on this team unless he's Von Miller.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: Quick, fast as hell and smooth as silk.  The fear factor that would come with him cannot be ignored.

Sure would be fun lining him, Green and Eifert up against the Steelers twice a year.

A guy like this would really open up our Offense. The problem all year on Offense besides O-line was the lack of a
deep threat until Core got some playing time. Core takes awhile to get up to that speed too, unlike JR who is up to
speed immediately.

(04-08-2017, 03:13 PM)McC Wrote: If I'm drafting a LB at 9, he'd better be able to rush the passer and shut down TE's.  Can Foster do either of these?

To me, LB is not a first round need on this team unless he's Von Miller.

I am liking Hassan Reddick more and more.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would be fun lining him, Green and Eifert up against the Steelers twice a year.

A guy like this would really open up our Offense. The problem all year on Offense besides O-line was the lack of a
deep threat until Core got some playing time. Core takes awhile to get up to that speed too, unlike JR who is up to
speed immediately.

I am liking Hassan Reddick more and more.

I'm with you.  I've liked him all along.  

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: I'm with you.  I've liked him all along.  

Watched a Temple game last year and he stood out to me. Thought he was just what we needed on our Defense.

He can rush the passer, cover and tackle. Foster is not a pass rusher, is not near as good in coverage and lowers
his head when tackling far too often for my liking. Dude might be a penalty machine here.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, if the Bengals liked Foster that much, they wouldn't have signed Minter in the first place.

Not necessarily. Foster could be off the board, and Minter is a solid contributor. Acquiring Minter provides insurance and flexibility. Foster might be best suited as a Will.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:21 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Not necessarily.  Foster could be off the board, and  Minter is a solid contributor.  Acquiring Minter provides insurance and flexibility.  Foster might be best suited as a Will.

Well that is Burfict's spot. Looks like we are needing a SAM.

Hassan Reddick please.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:21 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Not necessarily.  Foster could be off the board, and  Minter is a solid contributor.  Acquiring Minter provides insurance and flexibility.  Foster might be best suited as a Will.

They already have Vinnie Rey and had Maualuga for insurance and flexibility, however.  They gave Minter $5 mill this year, iirc, so that would be an expensive insurance policy.  They've already told Minter that he will be the starting MIKE and he's going to be making the defensive calls.  Plus, are they really going to draft over their "big" FA acquisition?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: They already have Vinnie Rey and had Maualuga for insurance and flexibility, however.  They gave Minter $5 mill this year, iirc, so that would be an expensive insurance policy.  They've already told Minter that he will be the starting MIKE and he's going to be making the defensive calls.  Plus, are they really going to draft over their "big" FA acquisition?

If Minter balls out this year, he will be too expensive to re-sign. Burfict is the Will, but he's also slow and not a true sideline to sideline LB. Putting a true run and chase guy like Foster at Will and shifting Burfict over to the strong side would upgrade two spots, and would also give the option of playing both in nickel sets. If Minter leaves after 2017, then the team can decide who plays Will and who plays the Mike. All that aside, I still am intrigued by Reddick.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Yay on Fournette

Nay on Foster
Reply/Quote