Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"It Takes All 11"
(09-18-2019, 01:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: These numbers...do they look from a player paid 14 mil per?

Right. That's my point.

Now missed tackles was a big problem in TB for him. In SF, they teach a rugby style tackling scheme...so maybe they improved him. Time will tell.

But, he wasn't worth $14 million. Factor in an injury too.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That makes Tony McRae our starting slot CB right now playing two thirds of the defensive snaps.

And how is that different from Webb? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 02:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: And how is that different from Webb? 

I am not saying Webb is a great player, but coming into this season he had started for three different teams (23 total) and had over 2000 snaps played on defense.

McCrae, on the other hand, had never started a game and had played less than 100 total snaps in three seasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:11 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 14 Mill went to Webb, Dennard, and Brown that could have easily went to Alexander.

No thanks.

If you are going to pay someone, pay Moseley and be done with it.  Proven Pro-Bowl impact player.  Not a question mark like Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't put much weight in PFF numbers, but I do know there is always a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth around here whenever we draft, sign, or trade for a player with significant injury history.  Kwon had only played 18 of 32 games in the previous two seasons, and $27 million of his contract is guaranteed.

I guess I would have to side with the FO on this one. It has worked out well for 49ers thus far but it is only week 2 of the season.  I would be interested to see if Kwon finishes the season and plays in all 16 games.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Webb is a great player, but coming into this season he had started for three different teams (23 total) and had over 2000 snaps played on defense.

McCrae, on the other hand, had never started a game and had played less than 100 total snaps in three seasons.

He started and played bad; again what Value does that being?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 05:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He started and played bad; again what Value does that being?

The guys starting are generally better than the guys that don't see the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: They played disciplined on defense at Seattle, and it showed. Gap integrity was maintained, and they played contain on the edge almost flawlessly. Sunday, they did not.

Yup. They got bunched up AND they over-pursued way too much. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, has Sweet Lou's achilles been discovered and put on tape 2 weeks into his career as an NFL DC?

Players making stupid high school mistakes can't really be considered an achilles heel. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The DL has to take the heat along with everyone else. They got no pressure and completely failed to seal the edges (which was responsible for most of the SF rushing success). True the LB were also crud and everyone blew coverages also but the DL flopping like that made it a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sweet Lou stated Bengals gave up nearly 100 YAC.  That is a lot.  This defense will be vulnerable to screens unless they get new personnel and better backers.  

A lot of yards after contact in both passing and running. Poor effort all around.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote