Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It all started with OTA's
Remember at the beginning of the season when teams did not want to come to OTA's, but the Bengals had 100% participation? Huge credit to Burrow, Bates, Hubbard and others who pressed teammates to show up. As Burrow said, we won 4 games last year, why wouldn't we show up. No loners or malcontents on this team. I truly think the standard for the year was set right there.
Reply/Quote
Yep, I'vebhad the exact same thought. These guys put in the work and set the tone for the season right out of the gates. As Coach Taylor always talks about, doing things the right way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The drubbing they took from Baltimore a couple games later aside, it seems like the tide turned for this team the moment Vonn Bell blasted JuJu on MNF... Their attitude toward OTAs is very impressive too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: The drubbing they took from Baltimore a couple games later aside, it seems like the tide turned for this team the moment Vonn Bell blasted JuJu on MNF... Their attitude toward OTAs is very impressive too.

[Image: fc85eb6a1224eab66eaf0f7b65384000.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: The drubbing they took from Baltimore a couple games later aside, it seems like the tide turned for this team the moment Vonn Bell blasted JuJu on MNF... Their attitude toward OTAs is very impressive too.

Yep, that hit showed the franchise was changing and set the tone that this wasn't your daddy's Bengals. My emphasis on the OTA participation is that this team came in when others didn't, and they are reaping the rewards now.
Reply/Quote
It all started when Ryan Finely crossed the goal line with a smile and beat the Steelers. That whole game changed the bengals future.
Reply/Quote
Then we saw some seemingly little things that are probably not so little in the long run. It is things like

Quintin Spain coming in and starting a weekly dinner with all the offensive linemen
Vonn Bell instituting a players only Tuesday (their usual off day) DB meeting to go over the schemes

It is players, other than the usual suspects taking leadership roles with this team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The players taking ownership of their success is huge. You see it in any business. They're invested beyond just showing up and participating. And it leads to more bonding as well, because they're spending time that could be their free time to be together, probably a bit more casual. So many positives from this, and it was a big move back in the spring, but we're definitely seeing the fruits of it now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote