Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It all started with a flyer.
Ok, so last week, the wife had a flat tire at work. I left work to go change it. I had some issues as one of the lug nuts had a plastic chrome plated cover over the nut which expanded so I couldnt get the lug wrench over it. Yadda yadda yadda. So, I finally got the nut off (no pun intended) and took the tire to a nearby place to be repaired. Put back on the car and then scheduled an appt with the tire shop to properly fix the tire. Soooooo....

While I was at the tire place paying the bill, I noticed a flyer on the wall that said "Union City Browns Backers." I was like, "Whaaaaattttt?" So you see, I live in a little town that is about 50% Colts fans, 25% Bengals and 25% Browns fans. It's divided by Ohio/Indiana state line. So, this Union City Browns Backers flyer said they had a Facebook website. I was like, "No way, I can't let the Browns be represented without competition. So I had a crazy idea to start a group for the Bengals for our small little town (pop. 4000). 

Last night, I went to start it and then hit a wall. I need a name for this group. Union City Bengals Backers would be, well, copycat cheesy. So I was trying to think what to call this group? Then I thought, Union City Jungle would be cool. Then I thought of the crime and drugs here and thought, well, that probably would be misunderstood and would get members looking for reasons to trash the meth heads and thieves in our town (not  a lot of them, but we have them). I know, weird.

So, any ideas what I can call this group with Union City in the beginning? And NO! Not doing Union City Cornholers! LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You could call it. Union City Football Fans, "No Dolts, No Stains, just Bengals".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Union City Carpet Munchers

Hot Karl’s of Union City

Union City Cleveland Steamers

Pearl Necklaces at Union City

Come get yerself a Boston cream pie at Union City!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Union City Carpet Munchers

Hot Karl’s of Union City

Union City Cleveland Steamers

Pearl Necklaces at Union City

Come get yerself a Boston cream pie at Union City!

I go to church and have friends from there on FB. Mellow

But that was funny stuff.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I go to church and have friends from there on FB. Mellow

But that was funny stuff.

Ya I guess some of those do not go with the church crowd.....

:)
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
So I know this year didn't quite roll that way, but if you go with the Battle of Ohio overall, you could go with Union City Browns Beaters!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ya I guess some of those do not go with the church crowd.....

:)

I don't even think the world population of church crowds would even understand what they are.

"Oh, I love to wear a pearl necklace to Sunday service!"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't even think the world population of church crowds would even understand what they are.

"Oh, I love to wear a pearl necklace to Sunday service!"

I think I might start going back to church if they start talking about Cleveland steamers and Boston Cream Pies.

Oh wait......maybe that’s what they were talking about at sodom and Gomorrah??? Shit, I didn’t even think of that. Oh crap!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:23 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think I might start going back to church if they start talking about Cleveland steamers and Boston Cream Pies.

Oh wait......maybe that’s what they were talking about at sodom and Gomorrah??? Shit, I didn’t even think of that. Oh crap!

Yeah, that would be bad. And what the hell is a Boston Cream Pie? I googled it but don’t get the reference?

Quote:Owners of the Parker House Hotel in Boston say that the Boston cream pie was first created at the hotel by French chef Augustine Francois Anezin, who led the hotel's culinary staff from 1865 to 1881. A direct descendant of earlier cakes known as American pudding-cake pie and Washington pie, the dessert was referred to as chocolate cream pie, Parker House chocolate cream pie, and finally Boston cream pie on Parker House's menus. The cake consisted of two layers of French butter sponge cake filled with thick custard and brushed with a rum syrup; its side was coated with the same custard overlaid with toasted sliced almonds, and the top coated with chocolate fondant.[3] While other custard cakes may have existed at that time, baking chocolate as a coating was a new process, making it unique and a popular choice on the menu.[2]

The name "chocolate cream pie" first appeared in the 1872 Methodist Almanac.[2] An early printed use of the term "Boston cream pie" occurred in the Granite Iron Ware Cook Book, printed in 1878.[4] The earliest known recipe for the modern variant was printed in Miss Parloa's Kitchen Companion in 1887 as "chocolate cream pie".[4]

Boston cream pie is the official dessert of Massachusetts, declared as such on December 12, 1996.[5]

Reply/Quote
Union City stripe hype
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Union City stripe hype

Uh oh, I think I like it. Going on the list.

Reply/Quote
Just rip this place off...

Union City Bengals Board
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I thought "flyer" was going to be some cool new way to say, "flat tire".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Who Dey! union city
Reply/Quote
Boston Cream Pies are so damn good; its basically custard, with Chocolate Ganache on top.

We even have doughnuts at every place in Canada that sells them (confirmed this when I lived in Alberta), that have Boston Cream as a flavor.

Just delicious.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Union City Roar Tour
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, that would be bad. And what the hell is a Boston Cream Pie? I googled it but don’t get the reference?

i gotta admit.....I made that one up.  we were talking about Cleveland and everyone knows what a Cleveland Steamer is and then I saw the Patriots were on tv.....I just went with a Boston Cream Pie.  It sounds dirty doesn't it? sounds like it should be straight out of the Urban Dictionary, besides, outside of Pittsburgh, I can't think of two other teams I dislike more, Cleveland and New England. 

I hear a real boston crème pie really is good, but I wouldn't know personally. 

Reply/Quote
Union City Cats

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Union City Bengals Connection.

A "union" is a "connection".
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Union City Bengals Connection.

A "union" is a "connection".

That’s not bad. Actually, there are some really good suggestions on here.

Reply/Quote