Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It gets worse
Could not be too worse
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Agree though

Sit Dalton play AJM

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No one is forcing us to be Bengals fans. We chose this.
And if you feel obligated to be a Bengals fan because of hometown ties, maybe look to move to another city and adopt the nearby team?

I have been a Bengals fan since 1974 and I don't have any ties to Cincy. I don't have to move to another city, I am in another city.
If you feel obligated to be a Bengals fan, because of hometown ties, than that is your problem. One does not need to move to another city to root and adopt a nearby team.
When I became a Bengals fan, Paul Brown, was the owner, front office and the HC. I clearly stated our issue was at the Front Office and Owner and I feel we will return to the 90's. Can you read and understand that??? Again, I chose to be a Bengals fan in 1974, not in the 90's. The fact that I stayed a Bengals fan, while I don't live in Cincy is commendable.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:38 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I have been a Bengals fan since 1974 and I don't have any ties to Cincy. I don't have to move to another city, I am in another city.
If you feel obligated to be a Bengals fan, because of hometown ties, than that is your problem. One does not need to move to another city to root and adopt a nearby team.
When I became a Bengals fan, Paul Brown, was the owner, front office and the HC. I clearly stated our issue was at th9e Front Office and Owner and I feel we will return to the 90's. Can you read and understand that??? Again, I chose to be a Bengals fan in 1974, not in the 90's. The fact that I stayed a Bengals fan, while I don't live in Cincy is commendable.   

I've been a Bengals fan since around 3rd grade the year the Bengals became a team. I've never lived in Cincinnati, but did grow up in Dayton. I've lived in the Dallas area and currently live in South Carolina and for the life of me still can't break the bad Bengals habit..I thought of founding BFA, Bengals Fans Anonymous with 12 step programs and all, but I've never been a fan of 12 steps. It's too wishy washy..
I almost joined the Chiefs as a fan, but that's pretty much the same thing as being a Bengals fan, just a different city. The Panthers are right up I-77 from here, but they don't have the built in excuse of Mike Brown to suck like we do. 
No, I accepted my fate long ago.  It would take some serious deprogramming to walk away now when the old coot is so old and could croke any time now..Knowing my shitty luck he'll outlive me then have himself cryogenically frozen then brought back to life even if I outlived him.. Being born a Bengals fan is sort of like being born with a half inch pecker and man boobs bigger than your sisters and too broke to afford surgery to fix any of it.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What burns my ass the most is the lack of FA's. I get it with the draft, it's a crap shoot and every team hits and misses, we play the same crap shoot game as everyone else only we do it stubbornly blindfolded. But that's another thread. The lackadaisical approach we take when Free agency rolls around when we know the younger guys are not panning out drives me nuts. Am I saying we should be the first team to sign that high dollar FA no, but a top tier FA from time to time wouldn't hurt. We live by the draft and we die by it.
Reply/Quote
They'll probably look decent and Mike will want to roll into next season with this OL. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm really irritated that Christian Westerman isn't even in the conversation.
Why not keep Winston at RT, let Hopkins keep developing at RG, see how Boling does kicking out to LT, and put Westerman at his ideal fit at LG?

Hell, I would love to see both Westerman and Redmond play this week.  Hopkins should be benched and Bodine should as well, but I don't think they have been prepping Westerman at Center as many of us had hoped.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have actually questioned that all year. Why not move Boling out to LT if Ced is struggling at LT?

He is the most athletic guard we have and he did play LT at college, I think.  At least I think he played some of it.

Regardless, if they can play Westerman and Redmond and see something good out of them then they might be able to target one less position in next year's draft.  I really wish we had gone after Elflein.  I think that guy will become one of the best centers in the league.  

We had our chance when Alex Mack became available.  I called the Bengals.  I had all the dollars for the signing:  It took the release of Peko, Maualuga, and the not re-signing of Mo Sanu (ironically, my plan allowed for the signing of Marvin Jones) and they could have made it happen.  It sure helped Atlanta.  I heard how important Peko was (both on the field and in the locker room) as was Maualuga (!) and the Bengals released them both a year later.  

If Travis Frederick ever became a Free Agent, I would give up a shit-ton of overpriced, do-nothing talent (Shawn Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick, Gio Bernard) to get him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hell, I would love to see both Westerman and Redmond play this week.  Hopkins should be benched and Bodine should as well, but I don't think they have been prepping Westerman at Center as many of us had hoped.  

It doesn't seem like they have prepped Westerman for anything given his continued inactivity while multiple starters have performed well below satisfactory week in and week out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:38 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I have been a Bengals fan since 1974 and I don't have any ties to Cincy. I don't have to move to another city, I am in another city.
When I became a Bengals fan, Paul Brown, was the owner, front office and the HC. I clearly stated our issue was at the Front Office and Owner and I feel we will return to the 90's. Can you read and understand that??? Again, I chose to be a Bengals fan in 1974, not in the 90's. The fact that I stayed a Bengals fan, while I don't live in Cincy is commendable.   

Sorry, I made the assumption you were a Bengals fan because you at least grew up in Cincinnati or lived there at some point. My mistake.
But my point still stands, if people don't want to go through the 90's again, people can make the choice to pick a different team if they so choose.
I am curious why you chose to become a Bengals fan back in 1974 when not from around Cincinnati? And what's kept you a fan of a team you have no ties to other than you chose them a long time ago?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Next thing ya know we'll be hearing Marvin is coming back.
Reply/Quote
Won’t be long and Huber will be doing some line work. Hell, maybe he can snap it to himself.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree though

Sit Dalton play AJM

Can you evaluate a QB behind an F- oline?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is the most athletic guard we have and he did play LT at college, I think.  At least I think he played some of it.

Regardless, if they can play Westerman and Redmond and see something good out of them then they might be able to target one less position in next year's draft.  I really wish we had gone after Elflein.  I think that guy will become one of the best centers in the league.  

We had our chance when Alex Mack became available.  I called the Bengals.  I had all the dollars for the signing:  It took the release of Peko, Maualuga, and the not re-signing of Mo Sanu (ironically, my plan allowed for the signing of Marvin Jones) and they could have made it happen.  It sure helped Atlanta.  I heard how important Peko was (both on the field and in the locker room) as was Maualuga (!) and the Bengals released them both a year later.  

If Travis Frederick ever became a Free Agent, I would give up a shit-ton of overpriced, do-nothing talent (Shawn Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick, Gio Bernard) to get him.  

Nice to see someone else that aint a fanboy of Bernard ,he just declined every year to me.that Chicago small guy made gio look like dog crap.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is the most athletic guard we have and he did play LT at college, I think.  At least I think he played some of it.

I guess we will see if Boling can play LT this Sunday. He is expected to play there and Redmond will get his go at LG.
Reply/Quote