Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It has been 308 days since the Bengals last won a game!
The Bengals are 0-7, losers of 14 of 15 and 16 of their last 18. It has been 308 days since they last won a game: December 16, 2018 vs the Raiders.

1 more loss and we're 1-15 in our last 16 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: December 16, 2018 vs the Raiders. 

Happy X-mas (Winning is Over)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well thank you Mr Pistons for enlightening us all on the finer points of Bengaldom.. I'll sleep better with the knowledge that I have nothing to worry about when it comes to playoff time..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully that continues for a few more months.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals are 0-7, losers of 14 of 15 and 16 of their last 18. It has been 308 days since they last won a game: December 16, 2018 vs the Raiders.

1 more loss and we're 1-15 in our last 16 games.

It's been one of the worst stretches of 16 games we've seen. I don't see a win in London happening either, and I don't see a potential win on this schedule until December. They need to do something during the bye week to promote optimism.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wonder if it could be a good thing if PBS sold out the next game and everyone in attendance either threw trash on the field or just took a crap in their seats before leaving.. I can see that as a net positive.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's been one of the worst stretches of 16 games we've seen. I don't see a win in London happening either, and I don't see a potential win on this schedule until December. They need to do something during the bye week to promote optimism.
The only thing they could possibly do to promote optimism is to announce Mike Brown is deathly ill and may not make it.. 
On the other hand they could promote pessimism and announce he's perfectly healthy and expected to live another 30 years.. When in doubt expect the worst. 

Reply/Quote
They're probably already thinking up a clever marketing slogan for next year. NewerDey!
Reply/Quote
Is Mike Brown getting cold feet yet?
Reply/Quote
My guess is they're fire a coach like Jim Turner after the London game.

Man - Can you imagine what Turner's reaction would be to being fired?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're probably already thinking up a clever marketing slogan for next year. NewerDey!

...and this time we really really mean it! No! Really!  

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My guess is they're fire a coach like Jim Turner after the London game.

Or fire Zac and make Turner the interim HC pending an exhaustive search for no replacement..
If there is such a thing as the NFL Head Coach Association they've already issued a collective NO! to Mike Brown to hire a qualified coach..

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: The only thing they could possibly do to promote optimism is to announce Mike Brown is deathly ill and may not make it.. 
On the other hand they could promote pessimism and announce he's perfectly healthy and expected to live another 30 years.. When in doubt expect the worst. 

I think the following would promote SOME level of optimism:
- Removing Turner
- Replacing Anarumo as DC
- Replacing Callahan as OC
- Starting Finley at QB (maybe?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: Or fire Zac and make Turner the interim HC pending an exhaustive search for no replacement..
If there is such a thing as the NFL Head Coach Association they've already issued a collective NO! to Mike Brown to hire a qualified coach..

Honestly, I doubt that any established coach would want to come here. It's a team with few scouts and an owner that's the GM. Also we don't like to use free agency.

It's nearly impossible to win here.

We'd need a Mike Holmgren-type guy as our best option...but he'd never come because the guys that he wanted to sign the Bengals wouldn't pay.

You'll see someone like Jay Gruden IF Taylor is fired.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My guess is they're fire a coach like Jim Turner after the London game.

I assume he will say that Mike Brown is letting his daughter run the show and that it must be "that time of the month!" then John Jerry will hive five him and laugh.
Reply/Quote