Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
They lose this series to the Pirates, I’m checking out on this season and waiting for Bell to be fired.

Jekyl and Hyde bullshit. Starter blows up, chased in two innings, bullpen pitches a shutout (through 8th, game not over yet).
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 06:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They lose this series to the Pirates, I’m checking out on this season and waiting for Bell to be fired.

Jekyl and Hyde bullshit. Starter blows up, chased in two innings, bullpen pitches a shutout (through 8th, game not over yet).

I heard on the radio this morning that they received word Disco was tipping his pitches ? But whatever the causes are doesn't matter much. What does matter is they're 8 games behind the Cubs in the loss column. Unless they go on a 14-2 run and the Cubs start playing sub .500 they already don't have much of a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I heard on the radio this morning that they received word Disco was tipping his pitches ? But whatever the causes are doesn't matter much. What does matter is they're 8 games behind the Cubs in the loss column. Unless they go on a 14-2 run and the Cubs start playing sub .500 they already don't have much of a chance.

Wrong on the last part. They don't have to catch the Cubs in this Covid Season.  All 2nd Place teams are in the play-offs.  4 of the 6 teams in 3rd place are in the play-offs.  The teams that get hot in September, watch out for them, as Earl Weaver said with Orioles in his day.  2nd and 3rd Place teams have as much chance of World Series as 1st place teams.  Now that's just a FACT and not up to negotiation. The Reds do NOT have to catch the Cubs. The Reds DO have to finish 2nd or 3rd in NL Central. 

2 bad starts by Miley & Disco and Joe Nuxhall said every pitcher has a bad outing in the early going.  The Reds need a good outing from Sonny Gray today to stop the bleeding and stay in the hunt for 2nd or 3rd place.  

So the Pirates won 1.  There are 3 more games.  Gray, Bauer, Castillo.   Get after them tonight with Gray. As Always, Beat Pittsburgh.  GO REDS. ...As John Goodman might say in The Big Lebowski. " Come on Dude. It's all about getting in the tournament. Nobody's going to care who wins each Division. It's about making the Tourney and winning the Tourney, Dude. Forget The Cubs, Dude ".

Reds just took series from Brewers, Split with Royals. Get that game back today against Pittsburgh and even series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
FINALLY!

This offense needed a big inning late in a game. They too often get a big inning early and then shut down only to watch the bullpen give it away.

Now, hold them and get a couple more next inning.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm. This Tyler Thornburg looks solid. Pretty sweet curve ball.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
A Reds player tested positive for covid-19 and todays game might not happen.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29665016/cincinnati-reds-player-tests-positive-coronavirus
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 07:38 AM)cinci4life Wrote: A Reds player tested positive for covid-19 and todays game might not happen.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29665016/cincinnati-reds-player-tests-positive-coronavirus

Oh boy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds came back with win as Gray started.

Reds were set to have Bauer today and Castillo Sunday.

Instead this becomes a Split with Pirates for now.

Reds join Marlins and Cardinals as Reds games suspended until further notice due to Covid 19.

MLB baseball is not sure they can play these few months in Covid 2020. Marlins and Cardinals have a lot of games to make up. Now Reds will. Also the teams these teams were scheduled to play. If Reds like Marlins or Cardinals, the Reds may not be playing for a week or two. This will force many double headers as Marlins and Cardinals now facing.

I'm not sure of the future of Reds or MLB at this point, but I have a guess that if NY Based MLB ever has to suspend their Darling Yankees, Mets, Red Sox or and NY area team, they will just end the season. If ever Yankees or Red Sox don't get to play, then nobody will get to play. NY MLB will take their ball and go home.

So, For Now, NO REDS.....I'm guessing 10 day Covid time out, or somewhere in that ball park.

On a lesser note I will have to jockey my Fantasy Teams doing well, but Gray, Castillo, Bauer, Iglesias a big part of those teams. Since they never put Marlins or Cardinals as Injured, I can't move my Reds to IL. I won't drop any Reds BIG 3 Starters. I may have to dump Iggey and Moose who has played very few games. I was doing well in NBA Fantasy when they shut that down and later decided no restart. Fantasy is a good Stay At Home time killer, but not of great importance really. Fantasy Football is going to be next to impossible with Covid added to injuries. Again, not that Fantasy Sports means anything.

So Reds go into Covid time out in the play-offs in 2nd place. However Brewers and Cardinals in a position to knock Reds into 4th place and out of play-offs before Reds play again. Reds will have to get help from other Starters than THE BIG 3 if they return to many double headers. Reds may want to study how Cardinals work their bench players.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
All the evidence points to it being Senzel. Also, I've read that there's only been one positive so far in the testing that followed. I suppose that's good, but there's no harm in being careful. Hopefully whoever was positive comes up false like the rest have. I don't feel great about it though. They weren't shutting down games for Davidson, Moose, Votto, or the first Senzel positive. It looks like they have fear of a likely significant outbreak and are being cautious. I don't blame them after the Marlins and Cards botched the hell out of their COVID situations. It was a bad look for both teams. Perhaps at the end of this, the Reds can be pointed to as an example of the correct way to handle potential outbreaks.
Reply/Quote