Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is far from over for the Reds
I am as disgusted as anyone with the way this team has been playing, but the fact is that this season is far from over. People are treating 15 games the same as 40 games, but they are not the same. I can list MANY teams that looked bad after 15 games and then went on to have great seasons.

Half of the teams make the playoffs so the Reds still have a good shot at that. And just like in any sport the regular season does not matter once the postseason starts. Whichever team is playing the best at that time has the best shot of winning it all no matter what their regular season record was.

So even though 15 games is a quarter of the season it is still just 15 games. And 15 games is not enough to decide if a team will suck all year long.

Just to be clear I am not saying that the Reds don't suck right now. They do. I am just saying it is too early to give up on the season.
Reply/Quote
Nah. It’s definitely over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's so close to being over it's not even funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 12:37 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: The bullpen blew another one tonight.

Against the f#@%ing Cards!

Gaah

What a kick in the nuts.
Reply/Quote
The Reds can't ever even get two guys hitting on the team at one time. No one is clutch. DumbBell is the worst manager on the planet. Votto is hitting first, second or third every night. He has become a caricature of his former self. Barnhart plays 90% of the time and he's lucky to get a hit a week. Can anybody on that team convince Casellanos to stop swinging at outside curves in the dirt? It's way beyond over.

Just compare them to the Cardinals. They have very little pitching but they pitch with a plan and the plan works.

Their lineup is Goldschmitt and a bunch of .220 hitters but when opportunity presents itself, they take advantage. Watching these two teams play each other is like watching the Varsity play the JV.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We need to get more of those 7 inning games.

We do really well with those games haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We need to get more of those 7 inning games.

We do really well with those games haha.
The Cardinals are gonna be playing a shitload of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Votto 1 for his last 20 or so.

How much is he making again?

25 million a year for another 4 years

Lmao
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 05:07 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Votto 1 for his last 20 or so.

How much is he making again?

25 million a year for another 4 years

Lmao

He made 6.25 million so far for 1 hit. Any hits after this just decreases his EPH (earnings per hit). Who want's to decrease their earning power? Ninja

Reply/Quote
I'm still miffed that Aquino can't get a chance. Apparently he is behind Payton on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 06:39 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm still miffed that Aquino can't get a chance.  Apparently he is behind Payton on the depth chart.

Me too.  Are they afraid he can't hit .220?

The Stephenson thing is really pissing me off.  

Reply/Quote