Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It makes no sense
When I shop for Christmas, I know exactly what it is I want to get, go into the store, buy it and leave.

When a woman goes shopping for Christmas, they know exactly what they want to get, go into the store, pick up what they want to get, look around for other stuff that's not needed, buy other stuff that's not needed, go to another store and look around for other stuff that's not needed, buys other stuff that's not needed, goes to the grocery store to get stuff on a list that's needed, picks up stuff that's not needed, looks around in the toy aisle for stuff that's not needed, buys stuff that's not needed, comes home and complains about being tired from shopping and how we are now over budget.

Does that make any sense?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:42 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: When I shop for Christmas, I know exactly what it is I want to get, go into the store, buy it and leave.

When a woman goes shopping for Christmas, they know exactly what they want to get, go into the store, pick up what they want to get, look around for other stuff that's not needed, buy other stuff that's not needed, go to another store and look around for other stuff that's not needed, buys other stuff that's not needed, goes to the grocery store to get stuff on a list that's needed, picks up stuff that's not needed, looks around in the toy aisle for stuff that's not needed, buys stuff that's not needed, comes home and complains about being tired from shopping and how we are now over budget.

make her return anything not on the list
Reply/Quote
What does Christmas have to do with it? They function that way year round.

I do have a theory on this, though. I think it is all a fiendish plot to trick men in to doing all of the shopping they want done. Think about it. She is going to the store for X, whether you are ok with spending that money or not. But while there, she is going to also buy Y, Z, A, B, and C. That's a whole lot more than just buying X alone. The goal is that you will make the conscious decision to save the money from the additional items and volunteer to go to the store and get X (which you probably didn't even want her to get in the first place) to avoid the additional spending, leaving her free to hang out with girlfriends sipping on some nice vino...

Don't fall for the trap!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
one of life's great mysteries gentlemen.

I pride myself on being tighter than two coats of paint. my old lady wants to learn because she admits she spends too willy nilly.

I teach her a lot of things about being cheap. always calling her out on things she buys or spends money on. she hears everything I'm saying to her....she just isn't listening.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 10:03 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: one of life's great mysteries gentlemen.  

I pride myself on being tighter than two coats of paint.  my old lady wants to learn because she admits she spends too willy nilly.  

I teach her a lot of things about being cheap.  always calling her out on things she buys or spends money on.  she hears everything I'm saying to her....she just isn't listening.

They never do.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:42 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: When I shop for Christmas, I know exactly what it is I want to get, go into the store, buy it and leave.

Did you tell her not to buy that stuff??  Is it with money she earned?  I need more details here...  If she is Peggy Bundy then put a stop to it put on your MAN Pants SON!!  if Not ....  let her enjoy her self....   put some earplugs in and let her complain...  if she complains to much...  lol...  I kind of have the opposite problem i grab stuff off shelf and wife complains about me not needing LOL!!... Put your MAN PANTS ON SON!
Reply/Quote
Are we seriously trying to figure out women here?   Let me go grab some popcorn and some beer.  I'll be right back.  I need all the help I can get.  We just got married this past August and its our first Christmas together. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

The problem is rooted in, as Borat called it, the "vageen."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote