Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Almost June... Why Aren't People Interested in Mock Drafts????
Mock drafts, in my opinion are one of the greatest things in the world. I love the thought process behind picks, and trying to get in the heads of the front office. Am I the only one?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:30 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Mock drafts, in my opinion are one of the greatest things in the world.  I love the thought process behind picks, and trying to get in the heads of the front office.  Am I the only one?

Mock drafts for FF? Then go to our FF section and ask around.

or for the 2016 season? If that one, then it's way to early for that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mock drafts for FF? Then go to our FF section and ask around.

or for the 2016 season? If that one, then it's way to early for that.

For 2016... and it is never too early! lol
Reply/Quote
I am with ya. I too love the draft process and am already thinking about prospects. I love scooby wright, the LB from Arizona. He would be a great pick for cin...its hard to believe that some draft gurus have c. hackenberg going first overall.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:15 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: For 2016... and it is never too early! lol

I'm always interested but have little time to do the research.  That's been one of the joys of being on the boards.   There are a lot of people who know a lot more than me and a lot of people (like you) motivated to checking it out early.

Carry on sir!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:15 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: For 2016... and it is never too early! lol

Yes.  It is way too early.  

Where did you have Cam Newton rated before his final year at Auburn?

No need wasting your time when you don't have half to info you will need for a 2016 mock draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:30 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Mock drafts, in my opinion are one of the greatest things in the world.  I love the thought process behind picks, and trying to get in the heads of the front office.  Am I the only one?

Big fan of mocks and he entire draft process myself. With that said I think the draft hype is best after the postseason and time leading up to the actual draft itself. A mock at this point just seems silly as the player rankings at this point are no where near what they will be even half way thru the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  It is way too early.  

Where did you have Cam Newton rated before his final year at Auburn?

No need wasting your time when you don't have half to info you will need for a 2016 mock draft.

Cam is the exception, not the rule.  There is plenty of info to rate 3/4 of the 2016 drafts top players, if not more.
Reply/Quote
I usually don't start to look at players until about 1/2 way through the year and even then it is hard to judge because you still have half the year to make it or break it and doing some stupid shit after the year or just being a dud at the combine.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:25 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Big fan of mocks and he entire draft process myself. With that said I think the draft hype is best after the postseason and time leading up to the actual draft itself. A mock at this point just seems silly as the player rankings at this point are no where near what they will be even half way thru the upcoming season.

I agree...  We need to have a mock season before we worry about mock drafts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:44 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Cam is the exception, not the rule.  There is plenty of info to rate 3/4 of the 2016 drafts top players, if not more.

Throw a mock out then. I'll read it
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:36 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Throw a mock out then.  I'll read it

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-A-Way-Too-Early-2016-Mock-Draft-3-rds

Here ya go!
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:44 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Cam is the exception, not the rule.  There is plenty of info to rate 3/4 of the 2016 drafts top players, if not more.

The rankings are going to change dramatically by the end of the season and to say differently is only doing so to try and support your opinion.
Reply/Quote
The only upside to mocks this early is to force yourself to learn new names to watch and as an exercise in seeing how/why high rated players fall.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:11 AM)OSUfan Wrote: The rankings are going to change dramatically by the end of the season and to say differently is only doing so to try and support your opinion.

You are very right, they will.  But you don't think the front office scouts aren't doing the exact same thing this time of year?  We all know the fuidity of the draft world, but it is good to start your research early.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:40 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: You are very right, they will.  But you don't think the front office scouts aren't doing the exact same thing this time of year?  We all know the fuidity of the draft world, but it is good to start your research early.

Obviously scouts and coaches are studying players right now. They get reports of next year's prospects the second the draft is over.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:40 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: You are very right, they will.  But you don't think the front office scouts aren't doing the exact same thing this time of year?  We all know the fuidity of the draft world, but it is good to start your research early.

I've often found through personal tribulations that the less mocks you do, the more research of actual players you accomplish.

Mocks don't help me learn, they just skew my rational for players.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:13 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I've often found through personal tribulations that the less mocks you do, the more research of actual players you accomplish.

Mocks don't help me learn, they just skew my rational for players.

I do them because they force me to learn new names as players move up and down boards.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I do them because they force me to learn new names as players move up and down boards.

I used to mock first and research later, then I had to switch my process because it made no sense lol
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I used to mock first and research later, then I had to switch my process because it made no sense lol

Yeah, I do research before I build a mock... it is just sometimes the research you do this early... after the season is null and void
Reply/Quote