Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Bungals week!!
(10-18-2021, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Colts turned chicken shit and dropped into a zone, leaving everything open underneath, and forgot that Andrews plays for the Ravens. 

Lamar Dalton has been pedestrian against everyone not named "The Colts" this year. 

Fun fact: Lamar Jackson has only 1 game with a QB rating over 100 and while 140 is impressive, as you mentioned, it was against the Colts.

Comparatively, Joe Burrow has only 2 games with a QB rating UNDER 100. 

BTW, calling him Lamar Dalton is an insult ...

to Andy Dalton. HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Colts turned chicken shit and dropped into a zone, leaving everything open underneath, and forgot that Andrews plays for the Ravens. 

Lamar Dalton has been pedestrian against everyone not named "The Colts" this year. 

The Colts also had so many injuries on defense they didn't even have 4 DBs able to play. Then they compounded it by being in huge, pillow soft zones. It makes a QBs job a lot easier when they have no pressure and receivers sitting in huge zones with no defender within 7-10 yards of them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I hope you lose your voice again. Mellow

From crying so hard. Big Grin

I LOL'd. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Fun fact: Lamar Jackson has only 1 game with a QB rating over 100 and while 140 is impressive, as you mentioned, it was against the Colts.

Comparatively, Joe Burrow has only 2 games with a QB rating UNDER 100. 

BTW, calling him Lamar Dalton is an insult ...

to Andy Dalton. HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

The way you all try to clown on a dude who was a unanimous league MVP his first full season as a starter is hilarious. I guess it's because he's 5-0 against you all, outscoring you all by an average of 20+ and once having a perfect passer rating in one of those smackdowns.

But, hey, Jake Burrows with his 500 less total yards this season has a better rating with a stat that doesn't include anything a QB does on the ground. I guess that's like the Bengals equivalent of being the youngest ever MVP?

Reply/Quote
These are QBs - total yards is an invalid measure of a QB. PASSING yards is a valid one. Jackson plays in a customized offense where he in essence does double duty as a RB on a lot of designed runs. Burrow is in a more traditional offense where there are RBs who do the vast majority of the running.

And as a PASSER Jackson has had only one good game - against a Colts D so injured that in the second half they didn't even have 4 healthy DBs to run out there. So they sat in giant zones and the Rat receivers were WIDE open with no one within 7-10 yards - pretty much any QB was going to have a field day against them. That one game put 14 points onto his passer rating - without it he is an 85.

Burrow on the other hand has been pretty consistent - he did not fatten up on one game to get where he is. He has throw for at least 2 TDs in every game and only has one game where he wasn't at over 70% completion and 250+ yards.

Are the Rats better at running? Without a doubt. roughly 65 more attempts and 1 YPC better.

Both teams have been playing lesser defenses all season so far, and both will be challenged by the opposing D.
Reply/Quote
Ravens players will get high and forget they make millions and loot the stadium and get arrested for robbery and drug possession. Ravens have to forfeit. Bengals win.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 06:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: These are QBs - total yards is an invalid measure of a QB. PASSING yards is a valid one. Jackson plays in a customized offense where he in essence does double duty as a RB on a lot of designed runs. Burrow is in a more traditional offense where there are RBs who do the vast majority of the running.

And as a PASSER Jackson has had only one good game - against a Colts D so injured that in the second half they didn't even have 4 healthy DBs to run out there. So they sat in giant zones and the Rat receivers were WIDE open with no one within 7-10 yards - pretty much any QB was going to have a field day against them. That one game put 14 points onto his passer rating - without it he is an 85.

Burrow on the other hand has been pretty consistent - he did not fatten up on one game to get where he is. He has throw for at least 2 TDs in every game and only has one game where he wasn't at over 70% completion and 250+ yards.

Are the Rats better at running? Without a doubt. roughly 65 more attempts and 1 YPC better.

Both teams have been playing lesser defenses all season so far, and both will be challenged by the opposing D.

The #1 QB against the blitz? Joe Burrow.

Graded #1 at 94.3
QB rating of 136.8 (3rd in the NFL)

When you blitz Lamur? 88.3 (average)

Bring it on "Wink". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Typhoid Lamar had Covid about 15 times. It's almost where I don't want our guys sacking him because of close contact until dude learns how to wash his hands.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 06:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: These are QBs - total yards is an invalid measure of a QB. PASSING yards is a valid one. Jackson plays in a customized offense where he in essence does double duty as a RB on a lot of designed runs. Burrow is in a more traditional offense where there are RBs who do the vast majority of the running.

“The thing that makes him one of the best players shouldn’t count because most QBs can’t play that way”

Looooooooool, pretty sure those rushing yards and TDs counted for Lamar, who led the league in passing TDs his MVP season, in all those wins that led to him being the QB with the most wins before the age of 25.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The #1 QB against the blitz? Joe Burrow.

Graded #1 at 94.3
QB rating of 136.8 (3rd in the NFL)

When you blitz Lamur? 88.3 (average)

Bring it on "Wink". 

Don’t really care about that stat that doesn’t factor in the run ability, what I know is that Lamar threw 24 TDs against the blitz in 2019, 10 more than the 2nd QB on the list.

Reply/Quote
Jackson won the MVP because it was awarded prematurely and they missed him imploding in the playoffs. The ACTUAL MVP in 19 was Mahomes by a country mile - beat much higher caliber competition and unlike Jackson he actually can throw with touch and accuracy.

Why do you think Harbaugh is trying so hard to get Jackson to learn how to be a better passer? He knows he has to run a gimmick offense for Jackson and that Jackson is going to get really hurt with his current style - so far it is pure dumb luck he hasn't. Good QBs look to throw first and foremost and use their legs to extend the play to throw or if it comes to it scramble.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Don’t really care about that stat that doesn’t factor in the run ability, what I know is that Lamar threw 24 TDs against the blitz in 2019, 10 more than the 2nd QB on the list.

Too bad it's 2021 and La'merrrrrrrrrrrr has nowhere to go but down. 

ONE perfect game against the Bengals out of 5 while the rest are average.
ONE good game this year out of 6 while the rest are average.
ONE good year throwing TDs against the blitz out of 3 while the rest are average.
ONE good year as MVP out of 3 while the rest are average.

I'm sensing a trend here...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Too bad it's 2021 and La'merrrrrrrrrrrr has nowhere to go but down. 

ONE perfect game against the Bengals out of 5 while the rest are average.
ONE good game this year out of 6 while the rest are average.
ONE good year throwing TDs against the blitz out of 3 while the rest are average.
ONE good year as MVP out of 3 while the rest are average.

I'm sensing a trend here...

The only trend I see is you all trying real hard to convince yourself that a quarter with 35 wins at the age of 24 is “average”

But, then again, you all know better than the experts who made him the youngest and 2nd unanimous MVP.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The only trend I see is you all trying real hard to convince yourself that a quarter with 35 wins at the age of 24 is “average”

But, then again, you all know better than the experts who made him the youngest and 2nd unanimous MVP.

No need for convincing when the numbers are right there. Completion percentage, average. Yards, average. YPA, average. Quarterback rating, average. Average, average, average. MVP with barely 3,000 yards passing. lulz

He's nothing without waiting for the defense to retreat into coverage, then running out of the pocket for big chunks of yards. Put him on an average team and he's less than average. Hell, he probably wouldn't even be a good running back if he had to face a defense standing there waiting for him.

MVP. Most Valuable Phake quarterback

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 12:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No need for convincing when the numbers are right there. Completion percentage, average. Yards, average. YPA, average. Quarterback rating, average. Average, average, average. MVP with barely 3,000 yards passing. lulz

He's nothing without waiting for the defense to retreat into coverage, then running out of the pocket for big chunks of yards. Put him on an average team and he's less than average. Hell, he probably wouldn't even be a good running back if he had to face a defense standing there waiting for him.

MVP. Most Valuable Phake quarterback

You don't need 4000 yards passing when you rush for 1200. Yards are yards, no matter how the QB gets them. The fact that the Ravens don't arbitrarily value passing yards over rushing yards is why the most important stat is in Lamar's favor: wins. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You don't need 4000 yards passing when you rush for 1200. Yards are yards, no matter how the QB gets them. The fact that the Ravens don't arbitrarily value passing yards over rushing yards is why the most important stat is in Lamar's favor: wins. 

Sounds like the chant of a loser. Loser at being a real quarterback.  Cool

He gets wins because of the team around him. He contributes with his athleticism, but without that team around him, he's Michael Vick. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You don't need 4000 yards passing when you rush for 1200. Yards are yards, no matter how the QB gets them. The fact that the Ravens don't arbitrarily value passing yards over rushing yards is why the most important stat is in Lamar's favor: wins. 

With the way you're pimping his running skill and numbers, i don't know why you have a problem with him being called RB8. Mellow

Reply/Quote
I saw this mentioned in here, but believe it cannot be overstated. Our first string O and D absolutely wrecked the Lions. Baltimore would've lost if not for the refs forgetting to track time (clear delay of game). Cincy has a MUCH better defense than Detroit, and Detroit held the Ravens to under 20! If I'm a fan of the Ravens, I'm nervous this week. Being a fan of the Bengals, I'm honestly excited to witness Zac's first win (of many to come) against Baltimore.

With Cleveland all kinds of banged up and the Stealers doing all they can to try to hit .500 this year, Baltimore has to know this is their division to lose. And who will they lose it to? Clearly, the Bengals.

Remember how AJ Green was the Raven Killer? What will they call Chase?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 11:24 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I saw this mentioned in here, but believe it cannot be overstated.  Our first string O and D absolutely wrecked the Lions.  Baltimore would've lost if not for the refs forgetting to track time (clear delay of game).  Cincy has a MUCH better defense than Detroit, and Detroit held the Ravens to under 20!  If I'm a fan of the Ravens, I'm nervous this week.  Being a fan of the Bengals, I'm honestly excited to witness Zac's first win (of many to come) against Baltimore.  

With Cleveland all kinds of banged up and the Stealers doing all they can to try to hit .500 this year, Baltimore has to know this is their division to lose.  And who will they lose it to?  Clearly, the Bengals.  

Remember how AJ Green was the Raven Killer?  What will they call Chase?

I think Ravens fan forgets how Marv, AJ and Dalton used to kick their ass on the reg, not too long ago. 

RB8 better be superman this week. 

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 06:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jake Burrows 

Ha! You don't even know how to properly spell "Burrow" and you expect us to think you know anything about football and QB play? Getouttahere
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote