Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Draft Time: Impeachment Edition
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360732-judiciary-sens-kushner-was-contacted-about-wikileaks-russia-ahead-of-election

Quote:Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Thursday disclosed that White House senior adviser Jared Kushner received an email about WikiLeaks in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election.

The two senators sent a letter to Kushner's lawyer Thursday demanding additional documents from Trump's son-in-law as part of the committee's ongoing investigation of Russia's election interference.

In the letter, Grassley and Feinstein say Kushner received an email about WikiLeaks in September 2016 that he passed on to an official within President Trump’s campaign, in addition to communication about a “Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite."

“For example, other parties have produced September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner concerning WikiLeaks, which Мr. Kushner then forwarded to another campaign official,” the letter reads.

“Likewise, other parties have produced documents concerning a ‘Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite’ which Mr. Kushner also forwarded," the letter says. "And still others have produced communications with Sergei Millian, copied to Mr. Kushner. Again, these do not appear in Mr. Kushner’s production despite being responsive to the second request. You also have not produced any phone records that we presume exist and would relate to Mr. Kushner’s communications regarding several requests.”

The letter, addressed to Kushner's attorney Abbe Lowell, says the documents provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee are “incomplete,” giving Lowell until Nov. 27 to comply with the request.

The lawmakers asked Lowell to provide the committee with transcripts of Kushner’s interviews with the Senate and House Intelligence committees, noting they do not have access to these specific interviews.

They’ve also asked Lowell to submit documents previously requested that relate to specific individuals in the Russia investigation.

“It appears that your search may have overlooked several documents,” the letter says.

They also request that Lowell look for communications with former national security adviser Michael Flynn, including any correspondence “to, from, or copied to Lt. General Flynn” that include specific terms like Clinton, Guccifer, Wikileaks, Turkey, Ukraine and Gazprom.

Lowell said Thursday that Kushner and his legal representation have replied to all the requests they have received and will continue to cooperation with the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“We provided the Judiciary Committee with all relevant documents that had to do with Mr. Kushner's calls, contacts or meetings with Russians during the campaign and transition, which was the request,” Lowell said in a statement.

“We also informed the committee we will be open to responding to any additional requests and that we will continue to work with White House Counsel for any responsive documents from after the inauguration. We have been in a dialogue with the committee and will continue to do so as part of Mr. Kushner's voluntary cooperation with relevant bi-partisan inquiries."

The revelation that Kushner received communication about WikiLeaks prior to the November 2016 election comes several days after Donald Trump Jr. confirmed his correspondence with WikiLeaks leading up to the election.

Trump Jr. released the communications following a report in The Atlantic that described his correspondence with the organization. The correspondence, which Trump Jr. posted to Twitter, shows him exchanging private messages with the WikiLeaks account in September and October 2016.

WikiLeaks before the election published hacked emails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and the Democratic National Committee.

Grassley and Feinstein in their letter also pushed back on the attorney’s claim that certain documents related to Kushner’s security clearance are confidential. 

“Moreover, with regard to your claim that the documents are confidential, while the Privacy Act limits the government's authority to release the information provided to it, there is no restriction on your client's ability to provide that information to Congress,” the senators write.

Both Kushner and Trump Jr. have come under fire for a meeting during the campaign with a Russian lawyer who claimed to have harmful information about Democrat Hillary Clinton.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/15/christopher-steele-trump-russia-dossier-accurate

Quote:Christopher Steele believes his dossier on Trump-Russia is 70-90% accurate
The respected ex-MI6 officer told Guardian journalist and author Luke Harding that his FBI contacts greeted his intelligence report with ‘shock and horror’

Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence officer who compiled an explosive dossier of allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, believes it to be 70% to 90% accurate, according to a new book on the covert Russian intervention in the 2016 US election.

The book, Collusion: How Russia Helped Donald Trump Win, by the Guardian journalist Luke Harding, quotes Steele as telling friends that he believes his reports – based on sources cultivated over three decades of intelligence work – will be vindicated as the US special counsel investigation digs deeper into contacts between Trump, his associates and Moscow.

“I’ve been dealing with this country for 30 years. Why would I invent this stuff?” Steele is quoted as saying.

One of the reasons his dossier was taken seriously in Washington in 2016 was Steele’s reputation in the US for producing reliable reports on Russia, according to Harding’s book.

Between 2014 and 2016, he authored more than a hundred reports on Russia and Ukraine, which were commissioned by private clients but shared widely within the state department and passed across the desks of the secretary of state, John Kerry, and the assistant secretary Victoria Nuland, who led the US response to the annexation of Crimea and the covert invasion of eastern Ukraine.

The sources for those reports were the same as those quoted in the dossier on Trump, which included allegations that the Kremlin had personally compromising material on the US president, including sex tapes recorded during a trip to Moscow in 2013, and that Trump and his associates actively colluded with Russian intelligence to influence the election in his favour.

Years earlier, Steele shared the results of his investigation of the global football organisation, Fifa, with a senior FBI official in Rome; that led to an investigation by US federal prosecutors, and ultimately the arrest of seven Fifa officials.

“The episode burnished Steele’s reputation inside the US intelligence community and the FBI. Here was a pro, a well-connected Brit, who understood Russian espionage and its subterranean tricks. Steele was regarded as credible,” Harding writes.

The book traces Steele’s career as an MI6 officer, sent to Moscow in 1990 under cover of working as the second secretary in the UK chancery division at the embassy.

While there, the young spy was witness to the 1991 attempted coup and looked on when Boris Yeltsin climbed on a tank in central Moscow to denounce the plotters.

Steele left Moscow in 1993 and was later posted to Paris before taking a senior post on MI6’s Russia desk in London in 2006. Because his name had been on a list of MI6 officers leaked and published in 1999, he was unable to return to Moscow. But he was chosen to lead the MI6 investigation of the assassination of the former FSB officer Alexander Litvinenkoby radioactive poisoning in 2006.

Steele left MI6 in 2009, to start up a commercial intelligence firm, Orbis, with a former colleague, Christopher Burrows. Soon after its founding, Orbis began working with Fusion GPS, a Washington-based company doing political and business research, which commissioned the investigation of Trump in 2016.

Steele delivered a total of 16 reports to Fusion between June and early November 2016, but his sources started to go quiet beginning in July, when Trump’s ties to Russia came under scrutiny. According to Harding’s account, Steele was shocked by the extent of collusion his sources were reporting.

“For anyone who reads it, this is a life-changing experience,” Steele told friends.

Steele flew to Rome in June to brief his FBI contact with whom he had shared his Fifa report, and returned in September to meet a full FBI team of investigators. He described their response as “shock and horror”, and they asked him to explain his methods and to pass on future reports.

However, as the weeks went by leading up to the 8 November election, the FBI told him it could not go public with material involving a presidential candidate, and then his FBI contacts went silent altogether. Steele told a friend it was clear he had passed on a “radioactive hot potato”.
I tried to look for a better Mueller thread, but I stopped looking after page three.

(12-01-2017, 11:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I tried to look for a better Mueller thread, but I stopped looking after page three.

(12-01-2017, 11:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I tried to look for a better Mueller thread, but I stopped looking after page three.

I believe this is the part where a bunch of people get immunity deals, then refuse to testify or turn over evidence. A lot of bluster happens while the people who wanted Hillary in jail defend Trump and the people who defended Hillary want Trump put in jail. Then just like with Hillary, some shady government dealings happen and all of a sudden Trump gets off with a light slap on the wrist. Hillary supporters, fresh off defending Hillary go ape at how Trump wasn't brought to justice, and Trump supporters, fresh off going ape at how Hillary wasn't brought to justice, defend Trump.

In the end jack and shit are the only two things that ultimately happen, we reaffirm that both parties are evil and that the laws don't apply similarly to politicians because they're the ones with the power. We make some noise on Twitter and Facebook, before ultimately going back to our daily lives until the next time something happens which will also likely end in absolutely nothing.

The End.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Flynn is apparently on his way to court right now, having already been processed at FBI headquarters. He is expected to plead guilty.

(12-01-2017, 01:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:

Jebus.  That's would be significant if it's true.
(12-01-2017, 01:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Jebus.  That's would be significant if it's true.

Yeah. This is going to be tough because of Trump talking up Flynn's character, even after he was fired. So now his side will need to present the case that Flynn is not a credible source with Trump's earlier statements very much to the contrary.
(12-01-2017, 01:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah. This is going to be tough because of Trump talking up Flynn's character, even after he was fired. So now his side will need to present the case that Flynn is not a credible source with Trump's earlier statements very much to the contrary.

Well that won't be hard.  Trump can say two thing that are directly opposite of each other in the same day and his fans don't/won't care.

I just wonder if his supporters within the party are willing to believe it at the risk of losing those votes from his fans.
(12-01-2017, 01:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that won't be hard.  Trump can say two thing that are directly opposite of each other in the same day and his fans don't/won't care.

I just wonder if his supporters within the party are willing to believe it at the risk of losing those votes from his fans.

I know what's next. They will say a) everybody forgets little things sometimes, nobody's perfect b) so this tiny error was all Mueller could find after all those decades, what a joke and c) why would anyone tell the swampy Comey led FBI the whole truth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-01-2017, 01:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:

OK I didn't know what's next.

I still have a feeling that's not it.
(12-01-2017, 02:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK I didn't know what's next.

I still have a feeling that's not it.

Oh, it's definitely not. Funnily enough, the WH is supposed to be hosting the annual holiday party for the press, at which Trump was scheduled to speak. How much would you bet that's out of the question, right now?
(12-01-2017, 02:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, it's definitely not. Funnily enough, the WH is supposed to be hosting the annual holiday party for the press, at which Trump was scheduled to speak. How much would you bet that's out of the question, right now?

Hypothetically 10 zillion dollars, but I'm bad at predictions, so. I don't really know what this guy is up to. For all I know he can storm out, talk about the fake Uranium foundation and how Russia sold 10% of Hillary to Seth Rich and how it's all just an excuse for Colin Flag disrespecting Kim Kaepernick, then grope Sarah Huckabee and immediately pardon himself for it and walk out with a Nastrovje. And people would understand, he was just crushed financially by his own tax bill. But probably his appearance is out of the question, sure.

Btw. is funnily a word? That sounds, well, funnily to me. I don't want to be smart, I really don't know.

As for Trump, I still wait for the money laundering to come out. I actually bet my honor on that one.
(12-01-2017, 02:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hypothetically 10 zillion dollars, but I'm bad at predictions, so. I don't really know what this guy is up to. For all I know he can storm out, talk about the fake Uranium foundation and how Russia sold 10% of Hillary to Seth Rich and how it's all just an excuse for Colin Flag disrespecting Kim Kaepernick, then grope Sarah Huckabee and immediately pardon himself for it and walk out with a Nastrovje. And people would understand, he was just crushed financially by his own tax bill. But probably his appearance is out of the question, sure.

Btw. is funnily a word? That sounds, well, funnily to me. I don't want to be smart, I really don't know.

As for Trump, I still wait for the money laundering to come out. I actually bet my honor on that one.

"Funnily" is the adverb form of the adjective "funny."  Yes, it is a word.
This is a fun thread go back and re-read from the beginning....
(12-01-2017, 03:19 PM)Dill Wrote: "Funnily" is the adverb form of the adjective "funny."  Yes, it is a word.

And bigly is not. There's no consistency. 
Also you hardly know any conjugation or declination, but the adverb has to be something special. The one thing that isn't in my language. Thanks Obama.

Yeah it's time to talk about adverbs, nothing else going on right now.
(12-01-2017, 04:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: And bigly is not. There's no consistency. 
Also you hardly know any conjugation or declination, but the adverb has to be something special. The one thing that isn't in my language. Thanks Obama.

Yeah it's time to talk about adverbs, nothing else going on right now.

It's okay, you have the plural form of you. That is something English lacks (unless you count regional variants like y'all, yinz, etc.) and it is ridiculous that is the case.