Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Draft Time: Impeachment Edition
I love the arguments that as long as Trump keeps lying his base won't desert him.

I'm also curious which campaign promises he has "kept".  He's signed a lot of EO to do "stuff and thangs" but so far it's just a been a lot of "it's coming...just wait".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
You were "with her" and she lost. Deal with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-05-2017, 09:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You were "with her" and she lost.  Deal with it.

You are with him and he's lost it.  Deal with it.
(03-05-2017, 09:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: You are with him and he's lost it.  Deal with it.

The elite political class can't take it that President Trump won the hearts and minds of regular people like me. I enjoyed watching Hillary Clinton lose because she felt entitled to the job -- and Trump outworked her on the campaign trail. I have no love for self-entitled career politicians and I enjoyed watching Trump steamroll that wack job Jeb Bush almost as much as I enjoyed watching him defeat Crooked Hillary.
(03-05-2017, 09:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The elite political class can't take it that President Trump won the hearts and minds of regular people like me.  I enjoyed watching Hillary Clinton lose because she felt entitled to the job -- and Trump outworked her on the campaign trail.  I have no love for self-entitled career politicians and I enjoyed watching Trump steamroll that wack job Jeb Bush almost as much as I enjoyed him defeat Crooked Hillary.

Trump never outworked anyone.  He was unprepared and proud of it.  But folks bought the shiny TRUMP sign on the building without ever doing an inspection on the shoddy work of the structure itself.

This has nothing to do with Clinton and EVERYTHING to do with a 70 year old narcissist who is starting to crack under the pressure of a real job after just two months.  Luckily he's able to go on vacation every weekend on our dime to help easy his mind.   Hilarious
(03-05-2017, 09:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The elite political class can't take it that President Trump won the hearts and minds of regular people like me.  I enjoyed watching Hillary Clinton lose because she felt entitled to the job -- and Trump outworked her on the campaign trail.  I have no love for self-entitled career politicians and I enjoyed watching Trump steamroll that wack job Jeb Bush almost as much as I enjoyed watching him defeat Crooked Hillary.

What was it about an elitist, crooked businessman with a sense of entitlement that won your heart and mind?
I did my homework during the political season and I came to the conclusion that any of the three non-politicians -- Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, or Donald Trump -- would be better than the fourteen political clones the GOP trotted out for display.
(03-05-2017, 09:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was it about an elitist, crooked businessman with a sense of entitlement that won your heart and mind?

That's still a light year ahead of any politician....
(03-05-2017, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's still a light year ahead of any politician....

By that logic, I hereby apply for the job as Bengals Head Coach.

But whatever. Quick side question. You're a science guy. How do you feel about the climate change denial, or let's say, the rollback on measurements to deal with CC that comes with Trump and the GOP. I always wondered.
(03-05-2017, 09:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: By that logic, I hereby apply for the job as Bengals Head Coach.

But whatever. Quick side question. You're a science guy. How do you feel about the climate change denial, or let's say, the rollback on measurements to deal with CC that comes with Trump and the GOP. I always wondered.

It's a hoax. The solar cycle is entering a new Maunder Minimum and we'll see "global cooling" for the next ten to twenty years just like we did when I was a little boy in the 1970s. Remember the first Earth Day in the 1970s where the alarmists pushed "global cooling" followed by Earth Day around 1990 when the alarmists pushed "global warming" followed by "climate change" around 2010 when they couldn't decide if the earth would cool or warm?

"Climate change" grant proposals are the easiest way to siphon federal research funds to universities, allowing professors easy access to tenure based on money brought in.

The bottom line: The climate has been changing since the world began and the biggest climatic changes took place before man walked the earth.
(03-05-2017, 10:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's a hoax.  The solar cycle is entering a new Maunder Minimum and we'll see "global cooling" for the next ten to twenty years just like we did when I was a little boy in the 1970s.  Remember the first Earth Day in the 1970s where the alarmists pushed "global cooling" followed by Earth Day around 1990 when the alarmists pushed "global warming" followed by "climate change" around 2010 when they couldn't decide if the earth would cool or warm?

"Climate change" grant proposals are the easiest way to siphon federal research funds to universities, allowing professors easy access to tenure based on money brought in.

The bottom line: The climate has been changing since the world began and the biggest climatic changes took place before man walked the earth.

Oh alright. (Of course there would be 10.000 things to respond, but that's another thread.) - Thanks for responding.

To call it global warming was originally the idea of a Republican pollster guy named Frank Luntz, though.
(03-05-2017, 07:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well argued, but I'm not sure I agree.  I don't see Trump's base deserting him at all, he's actually followed through on a lot of campaign promises.  Whether that's a good thing or not depends on whether you voted for him in the first place.  This most recent Obama "deep state" issue is only going to cement his status with many, true or not, and I don't think it is, it's going to be a panacea for Trump for many potential issues.  Bottom line, Trump is POTUS and he's got an R next to his name, unless disaster looms the GOP is going to back him, knowing the alternative is a major swing to the dems.

Fair enough.

A lot of my opinion is just based off local observation. Ag producers were ecstatic about EPA and FDA restrictions being reduced... now they're terrified they won't have any sub-$13 an hour workers in a couple months. Home schoolers and anti-public school advocates were thrilled with the idea that their kids will soon be enrolled in the private school down the street for free... and they're going to be terribly upset when their applications are denied in a year or two even though they're white and Christian (but also poor and not very good at sports). 

If things for those folks continue to get worse, they're going to turn on Trump like they did the Dems/Republicans.
(03-05-2017, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's still a light year ahead of any politician....

Answered like a career politician. Words are coming out, but you you didn't actually answer my question. 
(03-06-2017, 12:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Answered like a career politician. Words are coming out, but you you didn't actually answer my question. 

How about this?

I trust someone who has has to live under the stupid rules career politicians make more than I trust the out of touch rule makers themselves.
(03-06-2017, 08:10 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: How about this?  

I trust someone who has has to live under the stupid rules career politicians make more than I trust the out of touch rule makers themselves.

Does Trump's birther and wire tapping conspiracy theories seem like a person in touch with reality?

When Trump files a tax return, do you believe he operates under the same rules as you?
(03-05-2017, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I did my homework during the political season and I came to the conclusion that any of the three non-politicians -- Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, or Donald Trump -- would be better than the fourteen political clones the GOP trotted out for display.

I'm genuinely curious about this. What homework can you do for someone that doesn't have a career in politics? You can't look at there position history because they have not implemented or voted on any public policy. All you have to go on is their words, which in the case of Trump are constantly flopping around. He isn't at all conservative or anywhere near the positions the GOP has held for decades on most things. He isn't socially conservative though he has acquiesced to some of those demands to please the base (though making it a federal issue isn't very conservative), he's anti-free trade which has been a steady pillar in conservative and Republican agendas for a long time, he certainly isn't a budget hawk even though he makes those claims, the only thing he has going for him really is border security. He isn't even someone who is in favor of taking responsibility for his own actions.

There is a reason that many of the GOP folks that are actually conservative have been railing against Trump, so it just makes me curious when I see people saying he was the best choice out there who claim to be conservative.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-06-2017, 12:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm genuinely curious about this. What homework can you do for someone that doesn't have a career in politics? You can't look at there position history because they have not implemented or voted on any public policy. All you have to go on is their words, which in the case of Trump are constantly flopping around. He isn't at all conservative or anywhere near the positions the GOP has held for decades on most things. He isn't socially conservative though he has acquiesced to some of those demands to please the base (though making it a federal issue isn't very conservative), he's anti-free trade which has been a steady pillar in conservative and Republican agendas for a long time, he certainly isn't a budget hawk even though he makes those claims, the only thing he has going for him really is border security. He isn't even someone who is in favor of taking responsibility for his own actions.

There is a reason that many of the GOP folks that are actually conservative have been railing against Trump, so it just makes me curious when I see people saying he was the best choice out there who claim to be conservative.

I'm curious, too. Trump's vacillation over the years was my biggest issue with him. More so than the reality TV star clown act. 
(03-05-2017, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I did my homework during the political season and I came to the conclusion that any of the three non-politicians -- Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, or Donald Trump -- would be better than the fourteen political clones the GOP trotted out for display.

Carson is an odd duck. 

He fails to win the Republican presidential nomination.  Then states his lack of political experience makes him unqualified to lead one federal agency after he just tried and failed to lead them all as President. So naturally he accepts a position to head HUD instead of HHS just one week after admitting he isn't qualified. 

And you think he is better?
(03-07-2017, 12:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Carson is an odd duck. 

He fails to win the Republican presidential nomination.  Then states his lack of political experience makes him unqualified to lead one federal agency after he just tried and failed to lead them all as President. So naturally he accepts a position to head HUD instead of HHS just one week after admitting he isn't qualified. 

And you think he is better?

Business.
(03-06-2017, 12:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm genuinely curious about this. What homework can you do for someone that doesn't have a career in politics? You can't look at there position history because they have not implemented or voted on any public policy. All you have to go on is their words, which in the case of Trump are constantly flopping around. He isn't at all conservative or anywhere near the positions the GOP has held for decades on most things. He isn't socially conservative though he has acquiesced to some of those demands to please the base (though making it a federal issue isn't very conservative), he's anti-free trade which has been a steady pillar in conservative and Republican agendas for a long time, he certainly isn't a budget hawk even though he makes those claims, the only thing he has going for him really is border security. He isn't even someone who is in favor of taking responsibility for his own actions.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.