Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Gonna be Fine
I'm gonna bfine.

As to the Bengals. I've never rooted for them to lose; I won't start now.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: how long you think tee's hamstring lingers now? xD

Knowing his agent, I'd imagine the hamstring flared up again Thursday night.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna bfine.

As to the Bengals. I've never rooted for them to lose; I won't start now.

Not even during the Christmas Eve of 2019 vs the Dolphins?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:49 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Guys,

As you'll see, I rarely create threads.  I'm on here every day, well every work day, and enjoy reading folks thoughts here, even when i disagree.  But I wanted to create a thread that should likely be completely different than the others.  The sky isn't falling, Joe isn't Andrew Luck, Zach won't be exposed nor is he a bad coach.  No.  Instead, I'll offer optimism for the future.  Heck, I'll offer optimism for the present.  At this point, we know Joe is out for the year.  That's done.  What we don't know is how Jake Browning will do after 10 days of acting as the starting qb in terms of reps, practice, etc.  And let's face it, we have a pretty solid team.  

Yesterday's game showed some ugly stuff, but I think behind that ugly stuff there was a lot to glean from.  With Zac Taylor's teams, it's always been fascinating to me how the team does not quit, and how it responds to adversity.   For example, the Ravens had their way with us on that first offensive drive.  Next thing you know, our defense tightens up and stops them plenty of times.  

All I'm saying is this: There are still 7 games left, and we have a really solid team overall.  We've seen less than stellar qb's win the SB, and NO I'm not saying we'll do that, but it has happened.  Many of us have wanted to see Mixon ran more, and I'll bet we see that now.  Worst case, we lose every game and draft high (BROCK.....BOWERS.....PLEASE).  Best case, we sneak into the playoffs somehow and really shock some folks trying to make a run.  Try to enjoy the season, I know I'm going to try.

Love the positivity Wildcat. You never know, we will see, I think we will see a lot more of the QB under Center with Browning or
McCarron in there. If this is the case we should be less predictable and the running game could get way better. We ran the ball the
least amount of any team this season and that just isn't a recipe for success especially with a hurt QB.

Still, even if we win most of our games we will have a hard time getting into the Playoffs this year with how good the AFC North is.

Brock Bowers is my hope as well, but we will need to lose probably all of our games to have a shot at him.
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario is WWIII kicks off and we all get incinerated and we all forget about football.. Maybe some survive and we still forget about football. Maybe the earth heats up so much that football becomes impossible to play outside and we all decide indoor stadiums are too expensive to cool. Perhaps we get invaded by aliens and all the football players get beamed up to the mother ship to entertain the aliens..
Anything is possible.  Always look on the bright side..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:20 PM)jason Wrote: Not even during the Christmas Eve of 2019  vs the Dolphins?

NEVER.

It's why I seldom won the "pick 'em" pool back in the 90's. 

Pretty sure it's why I was eliminated in the board pick 'em so quickly this year

Since I've become a fan I've never rooted for them to lose. I cannot wrap my head around the mentality. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bowers is awesome. But I say draft an edge rusher and 6 offensive linemen. Who Dey. Stay positive and classy Bengals fans.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Worst case scenario is WWIII kicks off and we all get incinerated and we all forget about football.. Maybe some survive and we still forget about football. Maybe the earth heats up so much that football becomes impossible to play outside and we all decide indoor stadiums are too expensive to cool. Perhaps we get invaded by aliens and all the football players get beamed up to the mother ship to entertain the aliens..
Anything is possible.  Always look on the bright side..

…or even worse…. Biden gets re-elected!!

God help us all.
Reply/Quote