Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Halloween night
Should I 
A. Pass out candy to the little bastards?
B. Just scream at the top of my lungs, "STAY OFF MY LAWN YOU LITTLE BRATS!"
Or 
C. Just pass out and let the little brats figure out if I'm still alive or not?  

Any other wonderful suggestions would be greatly appreciated or just ignored depending upon whatever I happen to think at any given point in time..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Should I 
A. Pass out candy to the little bastards?
B. Just scream at the top of my lungs, "STAY OFF MY LAWN YOU LITTLE BRATS!"
Or 
C. Just pass out and let the little brats figure out if I'm still alive or not?  

Any other wonderful suggestions would be greatly appreciated or just ignored depending upon whatever I happen to think at any given point in time..

Funny. I was just pondering a similar thing, but a little different:

1) Pass out candy
2) Leave a bowl of candy on the porch and put up a sign saying "Please don't ring bell. Dying old man in house."
or
3) Turn off the porch lights and just pretend we are not home.

I still haven't decided. The second option has worked out well in the past. The third option works okay, but some morons always end up ringing the bell anyway... making me feel uncomfortable as I ignore them. And I'm no longer really into the first option.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Don't give young people anything. Make them work for it so we can change the culture back to the way it should be. Play Smashing Pumpkins as loud as possible on your front porch and put a tool belt and a shovel out there as well with a sign that reads, "You'll work for candy!"

Half of them don't even dress up anymore. It's almost like they just come to the door and demand. Hell, last year, a kid came to the door with a gun and demanded candy. I didn't know if it was his costume or if he was actually holding me up?

Just kidding, none of that happens and it's really not my opinion. Get one of those air compressors and fit it to a tube and lock and load about 100 snickers in there and sit on your lawn. Then, just shoot snickers at the kiddo's. They love that shit. LOL

Or, you could just pass out tide pods. IDK?

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't give young people anything. Make them work for it so we can change the culture back to the way it should be. Play Smashing Pumpkins as loud as possible on your front porch and put a tool belt and a shovel out there as well with a sign that reads, "You'll work for candy!"

Half of them don't even dress up anymore. It's almost like they just come to the door and demand. Hell, last year, a kid came to the door with a gun and demanded candy. I didn't know if it was his costume or if he was actually holding me up?

Just kidding, none of that happens and it's really not my opinion. Get one of those air compressors and fit it to a tube and lock and load about 100 snickers in there and sit on your lawn. Then, just shoot snickers at the kiddo's. They love that shit. LOL

You've just given me a great idea!!!

I'm going to sit on my porch with the candy. When they come for a piece, I'm going to insist that each kid pick a weed from my front yard and bring it to me before I give them the candy!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You've just given me a great idea!!!

I'm going to sit on my porch with the candy. When they come for a piece, I'm going to insist that each kid pick a weed from my front yard and bring it to me before I give them the candy!!!

Where theres a spark, there's a fire.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't give young people anything. Make them work for it so we can change the culture back to the way it should be. Play Smashing Pumpkins as loud as possible on your front porch and put a tool belt and a shovel out there as well with a sign that reads, "You'll work for candy!"

Hmm, are you saying to blare the band's music as loud as possible on the front porch, or to loudly make a game of smashing all of the neighborhood pumpkins on your front porch?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hmm, are you saying to blare the band's music as loud as possible on the front porch, or to loudly make a game of smashing all of the neighborhood pumpkins on your front porch?

Band of course.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
[Image: 75339697_2629661947094594_73755172989724...e=5E5FE4FE]
Reply/Quote
Actually we were sort of nice. We sat in the front yard for about a half hour handing out candy to all 5 kids that came by despite tornado warnings and the impending thunderstorms in the area..Then as quick as Halloween began it was over. The rain came pouring down with thunder and lightning. (No tornado for us thank goodness) When it started the temperature here was around 89 degrees. This morning, however it was 37. I know in Ohio that seems like nothing, but here when even warm tap water is the coldest thing around 37 degrees is downright freezing!  Hilarious

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That was brutal last night. I bailed at around 7:30.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That was brutal last night.  I bailed at around 7:30.

I was sitting out in the front yard with the old woman who just happens to have a nasty case of plantar fasciitis going on so she had to very slowly walk back to the cover of the front porch just as the rain started. She got soaking wet while I bravely remained dry instead of quickly grabbing an umbrella to protect her from all the rain.
Nothing like bravery in the face of rain drops hitting an old, slow woman, huh? The bravest words ever spoken by any man, "Do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone!"  Tongue

Reply/Quote
I handed out candy this year for the first time in this house. It was cold and windy here, so about 35 degrees. Last week I bought about 50 dollars of candy not knowing how many kids to expect. At first some trick-or-treaters walked past my house. Maybe the people that lived here before me were not known for participating and since I didn't participate last year? Once a few rang my doorbell and got candy that seemed to open up the flood gates since I suppose people saw I was participating.

I was pleasantly surprised at how polite most of the kids were. Most thanked me and were very pleasant, even the teenage kids. The only kind of weird thing was a few adults showed up carrying toddlers who were obviously not old enough to eat candy or even know what Halloween is. But they had their kid in a costume and I suppose even adults like free candy. The smart kids showed up near the end of trick-or-treat hours because at that point I still had a ton of candy so I was just dumping it in their bags.

Overall I enjoyed seeing all the cool costumes and the people braving the cold to still have some Halloween fun. I think next year I might set up spooky Halloween decorations in my garage since it faces the street and sit out there to hand out candy.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I handed out candy this year for the first time in this house.  It was cold and windy here, so about 35 degrees.  Last week I bought about 50 dollars of candy not knowing how many kids to expect.  At first some trick-or-treaters walked past my house.  Maybe the people that lived here before me were not known for participating and since I didn't participate last year?   Once a few rang my doorbell and got candy that seemed to open up the flood gates since I suppose people saw I was participating.  

I was pleasantly surprised at how polite most of the kids were.  Most thanked me and were very pleasant, even the teenage kids.  The only kind of weird thing was a few adults showed up carrying toddlers who were obviously not old enough to eat candy or even know what Halloween is.  But they had their kid in a costume and I suppose even adults like free candy.  The smart kids showed up near the end of trick-or-treat hours because at that point I still had a ton of candy so I was just dumping it in their bags.  

Overall I enjoyed seeing all the cool costumes and the people braving the cold to still have some Halloween fun.  I think next year I might set up spooky Halloween decorations in my garage since it faces the street and sit out there to hand out candy.

Next year, grab a machete, bloody yourself up and play "let the bodies hit the floor" really loud. Maybe throw a few bloody, hacked up stuffed bodies around your porch. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 03:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Next year, grab a machete, bloody yourself up and play "let the bodies hit the floor" really loud. Maybe throw a few bloody, hacked up stuffed bodies around your porch. 

Well for Halloween I'd rather do something different than my daily routine.  Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
My wife and I love Halloween.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great. Rain and heavy winds. Though it was warm. Last year I think we got 200+ kids, this year I doubt we cracked 50.

Kind of a bummer, but made baby's first Halloween pretty easy.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 07:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My wife and I love Halloween.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great. Rain and heavy winds. Though it was warm. Last year I think we got 200+ kids, this year I doubt we cracked 50.

Kind of a bummer, but made baby's first Halloween pretty easy.

During Halloween when the weather was like it was yesterday, I used to put the baby in the dryer to keep it warm. To this day, none of them have ever went down in a fight. Who’s a good boy? I know, I am. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
[Image: 75356870_10214676601573546_3779665013975...e=5E608B33]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 75392730_10159091888529746_4374077368071...e=5E1DF324]
Reply/Quote
We had 13 kids total come to our door.

I'm glad the misses finally took my advice and only bought candy that she and I like...
Reply/Quote
Most kids around these parts get basically driven door to door which seems silly to me. When we were kids my mother would have just soon shot us all than drive us door to door for Halloween..

Reply/Quote