Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Imagine Marvin Lewis was let go after this season...
Sean McDermott or Josh McDaniels maybe wade Phillips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia or Vance Joseph would be my top two.

Patricia has a background as an o-line coach.  While with the Pats he was moved around to the safety and linebacker coach positions before being promoted to DC.  All accounts point to this guy being incredibly bright - he supposedly gave up a career in aeronautical engineering to coach football.  He's been privy to the inner workings of the Pats organization and has routinely had success with no-name defenses.

We all remember Vance Joseph.  The secondary usually looked really good while he was here.  I would guess that with a good OC he could be a good HC right out of the gate.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:13 AM)J24 Wrote: Nick Saban would be another one.

Until the team starts to lose a few and he quits on them midway through the season to go back to the college ranks where it is safe. 

(10-11-2016, 01:35 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Matt Patricia or Vance Joseph would be my top two.

Patricia has a background as an o-line coach.  While with the Pats he was moved around to the safety and linebacker coach positions before being promoted to DC.  All accounts point to this guy being incredibly bright - he supposedly gave up a career in aeronautical engineering to coach football.  He's been privy to the inner workings of the Pats organization and has routinely had success with no-name defenses.

We all remember Vance Joseph.  The secondary usually looked really good while he was here.  I would guess that with a good OC he could be a good HC right out of the gate.

I like Patricia but every time the Pats have an OC or DC leave to be a head coach, they fail. Just seems like a trend that is worth nothing.

Vance would be a great choice I think, seemed like a guy with some fire who didn't take any crap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Zim would leave the vikings but if we were allowed to hire hue, (idk if we are allowed or not ) I think he'd leave cleveland in a heartbeat to come back and run the show here.
Reply/Quote
Zim's coaching a winning team with a brand new top of the line facility, in a city that loves him, for an organization that loves him. The ONLY thing that would bring him back here is that it's close to his home. As bad as I want that to happen, I just do not see it.
Reply/Quote
Anybody, hell how about the coach at Colerain HS ? Lol
Reply/Quote
Bobby Petrino is killing it down here in Louisville......
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of Josh McDaniels hire if Marvin is out.

Hue can't go anywhere and no way Zimmer comes back.

I like McDaniels because I think he offers the Bengals a few things we haven't had in years. He is young and creative, especially on the offensive side of the ball. He helped the Patriots go 11-5 under Matt Cassel and 3-1 under Gorropolo and Brisset. Not only that, but he would offer a leader in the locker room. One of the things that gets me so frustrated with the Bengals is Marvin's lack of any kind of emotion on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:28 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Imagine Marvin Lewis was let go after this season.....

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:10 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: One of the things that gets me so frustrated with the Bengals is Marvin's lack of any kind of emotion on the sidelines.

This is why I'd like to see Cowher as the next HC. It doesn't HAVE to be him but i believe we need a more fiery leader after Marvin is gone.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This is why I'd like to see Cowher as the next HC. It doesn't HAVE to be him but i believe we need a more fiery leader after Marvin is gone.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

If i had to look at Cowher every week i dont know if i would be able to stop myself from trying to fix his jaw with a 2x4.
Reply/Quote
Color me shocked if the next Bengals head coach isn't Paul Guenther.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Chuckie All the way.. If his shitty play by play announcer isn't enough to bring him out of coaching retirement , I don't know what will.

Secondary choices - Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels.. I like the idea of younger coaches , especially coaches who came from the Hood's coaching tree.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:55 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Mike Shula

Makes me afraid. Do you remember the last Shula that coached here?
Reply/Quote
Assuming Marvin might, maybe, somehow, someway leave in the next couple of years and you were looking for a 'name' coach to replace him, a realistic candidate might be Brian Billick. He wants to be a HC again and I think he's the type of guy that could work well with Mike Brown, which is an important factor.

If you go the coordinator route, then obviously Vance Joseph would make a lot of sense and be a realistic option.
Reply/Quote
Hard to imagine anyone other than Guenther coaching this team after Marvin.

If we chose to go with someone else, I'd have no problem with Vance Joseph or Josh McDaniels. Although I'd tell McDaniels that he can't trade for Jimmy Garoppolo or Jacoby Brissett.

An extreme outside of the box hire could be Jim Bob Cooter from the Lions. They promoted him last year after getting rid of their OC midseason. The offense seemed to click. They're not off to a hot start this year, but they're also dealing with injuries to their RBs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Its going to be Vance Joseph.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote