Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Just Sad
I hate it.

I hate having an owner who cares about pinching every penny, instead of a title-worthy product.

I hate that I keep getting excited every year for a team that never has a shot at a SB.

I hate that we have the same Head Coach who seems to just fade in big games.

We just spent so much money on a freaking aging defensive line that is getting DUSTED by modern NFL teams. We have shelled out too much money on the wrong side of the ball.. and, as usual, we will pay for it dearly for years to come. Teams like the Rams, Chiefs, and Patriots will make a mockery of teams like the Bengals who are always too late to catch up.

What a shame. Hope one day I can be sitting in a chair with friends wearing Bengals gear, and getting excited for a SB pre-game where the Bengals are getting ready to take the field.

And yes, I know we are 4-3, and leading.. but we have shown the past 2 weeks that we aren't at the level of true contenders. As usual, we are just in the middle of the pack.
Reply/Quote
Im all doom and gloom too. But that doesnt change the fact we are one of the youngest teams in the league
Reply/Quote
Austin needs to go. ASAP
Reply/Quote
I was expecting a good fight like we've done amazingly all year, so this showing was very embarrassing. I guess the next game will give me a better idea where the team is heading the 2nd half of the season.
Reply/Quote
The fact that the firing of Teryl Austin has not yet been announced is discouraging.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im all doom and gloom too. But that doesnt change the fact we are one of the youngest teams in the leaN
No excuses please, we under Marvin Lewis will never be aggressive or prepared enough to win a big game. We tried to control and SLOW the game down from the beginning and it backfired severly. Sad thing is once we realized are game plan was idiotic and not working we changed nothing and surrendered. Sad thing 2 is we will come out with the exact same gameplan for the next game and for the rest of the year! This is classic Marvin Giggles Lewis gameplanning. Andy reid and staff outcouched us by far.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Austin needs to go.   ASAP

(10-22-2018, 02:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: The fact that the firing of Teryl Austin has not yet been announced is discouraging.

What did we give up like a 1,000 yards in the last two games on D?
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin has got to go. Mixon needs to get the ball more. Andy Dalton is not Aaron Rodgers, he's throwing the ball more than he should be at the wrong times when we should run. I noticed Dalton went back to his old ways this game looking for Green and no one else again. We STINK! "Playoffs?!?, PLAYOFFS!?!"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:22 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin has got to go. Mixon needs to get the ball more. Andy Dalton is not Aaron Rodgers, he's throwing the ball more than he should be at the wrong times when we should run. I noticed Dalton went back to his old ways this game looking for Green and no one else again. We STINK! "Playoffs?!?, PLAYOFFS!?!"

Yes it lead to the pick 6 as well. Seems Dalton has very little trust in other WR and wont spread the ball around like great QB do.
Reply/Quote
It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Starts from the top. Mike Brown looking like he escaped the old folks home with his mismatched clothes and crinkled hat.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's sad, so sad

Seems to me, sorry seems to be the hardest word.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:22 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin has got to go. Mixon needs to get the ball more. Andy Dalton is not Aaron Rodgers, he's throwing the ball more than he should be at the wrong times when we should run. I noticed Dalton went back to his old ways this game looking for Green and no one else again. We STINK! "Playoffs?!?, PLAYOFFS!?!"

This seems to be an issue of Bill Lazor. He favors a very heavy pass offense. He did the same thing in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seems to me, sorry seems to be the hardest word.

Dog I think we have a song in the making.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im all doom and gloom too. But that doesnt change the fact we are one of the youngest teams in the league

True, but we are really bad at a number of positions.  Our LB's are slow, non-athletic and poor tacklers.  Our OL is again terrible.  And it's not as if either of these position groups are 1 or 2 players away.  It will take a multi-year focus to fix both.  In the meantime, our best players are getting older every year so the window is slowly closing.

And Teryl Austion is a joke of a DC.  His schemes and game plans are visually inept.  Having Burfict run 20 yards back to cover the middle of a deep zone is outright insane.  Dump offs are an easy 10-15 yards even if they make a tackle, which so far they haven't.  Puke!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:17 AM)thillan Wrote: I hate it.

I hate having an owner who cares about pinching every penny, instead of a title-worthy product.

I hate that I keep getting excited every year for a team that never has a shot at a SB.

I hate that we have the same Head Coach who seems to just fade in big games.

We just spent so much money on a freaking aging defensive line that is getting DUSTED by modern NFL teams. We have shelled out too much money on the wrong side of the ball.. and, as usual, we will pay for it dearly for years to come. Teams like the Rams, Chiefs, and Patriots will make a mockery of teams like the Bengals who are always too late to catch up.

What a shame. Hope one day I can be sitting in a chair with friends wearing Bengals gear, and getting excited for a SB pre-game where the Bengals are getting ready to take the field.

And yes, I know we are 4-3, and leading.. but we have shown the past 2 weeks that we aren't at the level of true contenders. As usual, we are just in the middle of the pack.

How is the owner ‘pinching pennies’ while paying top dollar for this defensive line? I’m confused.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:32 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes it lead to the pick 6 as well. Seems Dalton has very little trust in other WR and wont spread the ball around like great QB do.

Dalton should hang around on this message board more.  We're always convinced our WR corps is the best in the league by a mile.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's sad, so sad

What have I got to do to make you want a new head coach?  
What have we got to do to make Mike Brown care?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Having Burfict run 20 yards back to cover the middle of a deep zone is outright insane.  Dump offs are an easy 10-15 yards even if they make a tackle, which so far they haven't.  Puke!

There was at least one play (I'm sure there were more) where the DB's and LB's starting SPRINTING BACKWARDS right before the snap... I was watching, mouth agape like... WTF??????  Of course KC completed an easy 15 yard gain on the play.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:32 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes it lead to the pick 6 as well. Seems Dalton has very little trust in other WR and wont spread the ball around like great QB do.

Andy gets freaked out inPrime time games and does things that don’t make any sense.I’ve seen him do this over the years in prime time games,and he just is sort of loses his cool.Staring down AJ Green nearly every play the first half.
Reply/Quote