Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's NOT over....(with a tip of the hat to John Belushi)
(09-25-2017, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!  And it isn't over now....

Every team in the AFC North lost yesterday.  The Ravens looked pathetic, and the Jags (unlike a certain golf-clapping coach who shall remain nameless) kept their foot on the gas destroyed them.  That showed what I always say about the Ratbirds:  paper thin talent-wise, "the wizard" is the most overrated exec in the NFL.

The Bengals are two games behind the target (shittsburgh), and will beat them twice.

Here's why:  We saw it yesterday.  We saw what Dalton can do when protected.  We saw what Mixon can do with a gap and he was finally getting in to a grove (right before he slipped).  Sure, the offensive line wasn't good, but it was good enough.  And although after missing two games many have decided he is the biggest bust in franchise history, Ross is going to get in the game plan and he is going to help.  What I am most encouraged by, though, is Mixon.  With him pounding teams, it will open up a lot of options.  

Here is the biggest reason why:  Burfict.  He's back.  I don't give two shyts about how the league is just waiting to suspend him again.  He is the leader this team needs.  I wish we had someone like him on offense.  Regardless, with the newfound pass rushers, WJIII and Dennard looking good, and Burfict returning, this team will not give up more than 20 points again this season.  

The are going to pound the Browns and Bills, and be 2-3 going in to the bye.  Then, they are going to beat pissburgh off the bye, knocking them to 4-3 (they will beat the rats and jags, but not KC in KC) and the Bengals will be 3-3 with ten games to go and just one half game back.  

It is going to happen.  This is STILL our year.  

You can keep the "I will have some of what he's smoking" jokes...I am not trying to be humerous.  I'm dead serious.  The real Bengals are coming.  And the MFing league won't know what hit them.

We looked really good yesterday on Offense and especially Defense. Really like Lazor man, this dude knows how to call
plays and keep Defenses guessing. Dalton was the one who should of audibled out of the run a couple times into a screen
or slant, he will learn from this.

When our Offense gets this Defense a lead look the hell out. This pass rush is coming, Lawson is a stud even if he was
going against a backup. He beat one of the best LT's in the league in the Preseason, he can beat the best.

With Burfict coming back it is hard not to see us winning the next two games atleast.

Just hope we move on from Marv and PA after the season regardless of how well we play from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!  And it isn't over now....

Every team in the AFC North lost yesterday.  The Ravens looked pathetic, and the Jags (unlike a certain golf-clapping coach who shall remain nameless) kept their foot on the gas destroyed them.  That showed what I always say about the Ratbirds:  paper thin talent-wise, "the wizard" is the most overrated exec in the NFL.

The Bengals are two games behind the target (shittsburgh), and will beat them twice.

Here's why:  We saw it yesterday.  We saw what Dalton can do when protected.  We saw what Mixon can do with a gap and he was finally getting in to a grove (right before he slipped).  Sure, the offensive line wasn't good, but it was good enough.  And although after missing two games many have decided he is the biggest bust in franchise history, Ross is going to get in the game plan and he is going to help.  What I am most encouraged by, though, is Mixon.  With him pounding teams, it will open up a lot of options.  

Here is the biggest reason why:  Burfict.  He's back.  I don't give two shyts about how the league is just waiting to suspend him again.  He is the leader this team needs.  I wish we had someone like him on offense.  Regardless, with the newfound pass rushers, WJIII and Dennard looking good, and Burfict returning, this team will not give up more than 20 points again this season.  

The are going to pound the Browns and Bills, and be 2-3 going in to the bye.  Then, they are going to beat pissburgh off the bye, knocking them to 4-3 (they will beat the rats and jags, but not KC in KC) and the Bengals will be 3-3 with ten games to go and just one half game back.  

You can keep the "I will have some of what he's smoking" jokes...I am not trying to be humerous.  I'm dead serious.  The real Bengals are coming.  And the MFing league won't know what hit them.

The game today was a big improvement  - I was more pessimistic about the offense but Lazor called a pretty good game.

However we have improved only back to where I thought we would be at start of this season ... plenty of offense talent completely compromised by poor OLine play, quicker/younger/deeper D,  inconsistent kicking game,  too conservative head coach.

I can't ignore that ...so no playoffs IMO
Reply/Quote

by the way don't know if you were joking but it was the Japanese navy which launched the pearl harbour attack.....germans were busy bombing the crap out of us here in Britain Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:59 PM)sonofstat Wrote: by the way don't know if you were joking but it was the Japanese navy which launched the pearl harbour attack.....germans were busy bombing the crap out of us here in Britain Ninja

I went through every reply looking for someone who knew enough history to challenge SHRacerX's version of Dec. 7th 1941. Of course most of you weren't born yet and high school history class was probably boring. I honestly thought the OP was joking. Maybe he was. But, it took a Brit to correct the poster's version. SAD!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: I went through every reply looking for someone who knew enough history to challenge SHRacerX's version of Dec. 7th 1941. Of course most of you weren't born yet and high school history class was probably boring. I honestly thought the OP was joking. Maybe he was. But, it took a Brit to correct the poster's version. SAD!

He was joking, it was a quote from John Belushi in a movie.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is going to happen.  This is STILL our year.  

Said no one!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Their isnt one juggernaunt team I see the Bengals playing other than the Titans who are scary on offense

This is a large part of my optimism.  Does anyone else see another team going 12-4?  Maybe the Pats and their perpetually weak-ass division, but the wild card spots will be very, very tight.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The scary thing is we've yet to actually play a healthy team.

This is neither an advantage nor disadvantage in regards to the Bengals.  Every team is beat up.  You can see what a difference a couple more injuries meant to the Ravens.  pussyburgh is probably the healthiest team out there....and you know piggy will hold the ball too long and injure his vagina.

The Bengals haven't had Eifert (again), Uzo, Ross, Hopkins, and even though it wasn't injury, Burfict.  

Every team has these issues.  It is as level a playing field as we are going to get.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: We secretly replaced his coffee with Folgers instant coffee and slipped in some of my secret conspiracy theory juice when he wasn't looking.. See above post for the results! lol 

Admit it SHR, That was a GREAT cup of coffee, wasn't it?

Love coffee, but a bit of a snob and I would refer to Folgers as a last resort.

I still believe that with Burfict's return, a few new pieces on offense, and more practice time running what Lazer wants to do, this team will be back and will make a run at it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:59 PM)sonofstat Wrote: by the way don't know if you were joking but it was the Japanese navy which launched the pearl harbour attack.....germans were busy bombing the crap out of us here in Britain Ninja

It's a movie quote from the movie "Animal House".....a classic.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: I went through every reply looking for someone who knew enough history to challenge SHRacerX's version of Dec. 7th 1941. Of course most of you weren't born yet and high school history class was probably boring. I honestly thought the OP was joking. Maybe he was. But, it took a Brit to correct the poster's version. SAD!

Sad that some of you haven't seen "Animal House".  I know my history and actually lost a great uncle to the raid on Pearl Harbor.  He was on the USS Arizona.  BTW, if you ever get to Hawaii, take the tour of the memorial at the USS Arizona.  Really hit home to know that there are still the bodies of many US Navy seamen in the Arizona.

I noticed that there is a small oil leak coming from the ship and the tour guide told me that there is still a lot of oil inside that slowly seeps out.  They call it the "tears of the dead".
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 06:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: Said no one!

Just one... Whatever
Reply/Quote
I actually don't think it's over either, but I don't know if I should actually feel this way or I am drinking too much kool aid.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sad that some of you haven't seen "Animal House".  I know my history and actually lost a great uncle to the raid on Pearl Harbor.  He was on the USS Arizona.  BTW, if you ever get to Hawaii, take the tour of the memorial at the USS Arizona.  Really hit home to know that there are still the bodies of many US Navy seamen in the Arizona.

I noticed that there is a small oil leak coming from the ship and the tour guide told me that there is still a lot of oil inside that slowly seeps out.  They call it the "tears of the dead".

I also had a great uncle who was killed at Pearl Harbor.  The story is that my grandfather, his older brother, lied about my uncle's age so he could join the Army and that's where they sent him.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is neither an advantage nor disadvantage in regards to the Bengals.  Every team is beat up.  You can see what a difference a couple more injuries meant to the Ravens.  pussyburgh is probably the healthiest team out there....and you know piggy will hold the ball too long and injure his vagina.

The Bengals haven't had Eifert (again), Uzo, Ross, Hopkins, and even though it wasn't injury, Burfict.  

Every team has these issues.  It is as level a playing field as we are going to get.  

The Pig injuring his vagina lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 08:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's a movie quote from the movie "Animal House".....a classic.

ahh, ok..not seen that so missed the reference
Reply/Quote
I appreciate the optimism...but the offense was not good Sunday against a depleted Packers D that isn't all that great when healthy. They scored 17 points in 4.5 quarters. They couldnt make plays when needed. We are confusing improved with good.
Reply/Quote
I will be as optimistic as possible, but on a game by game basis. I was excited about the results last week. We showed up to play and that was refreshing compared to the first 2.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 01:09 AM)Brimey Wrote: I appreciate the optimism...but the offense was not good Sunday against a depleted Packers D that isn't all that great when healthy. They scored 17 points in 4.5 quarters. They couldnt make plays when needed. We are confusing improved with good.

Dalton was good, the running game was improved.  And remember, Fat Randy shanked a kick that would have put them up 10.  

Also, the pick 6 was a 75 yarder, and it gave Green Bay the ball again (of course) which they started another drive.  So, it was like one less possession.  

It is splitting hairs, but I think they were really starting to wear down GB when Mixon slipped on that last third and short.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will be as optimistic as possible, but on a game by game basis. I was excited about the results last week. We showed up to play and that was refreshing compared to the first 2.

Perhaps most importantly, it didn't look like someone pulled a "Jerry" from the Brady Bunch where he dated Marcia to swipe Greg's football playbook.  
Reply/Quote