Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Supposed To Rain- Who Benefits?
(09-28-2016, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Crikey, you just gotta cram a thumb in the ol' blowhole mate! "

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mfc9ecaf63c773b6af70f3c721767e...=239&h=162]

(09-28-2016, 09:46 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Hmm. That might work.  Dolphins have to breathe, so If the Bengals stick their middle finger in their blow hole then they'll be out of breath.  I wonder which Bengal on the O-Line will use their finger on Suh?  Changing my mind on the Game.  Bengals 24  Dolphins 10.  

Wouldn't be the first time for the Dolphins.

[Image: steelersthumbinbutt.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wouldn't be the first time for the Dolphins.

Whatever I'm guessing your dirty stooler folder is bigger than my dirty stooler folder.

Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/28/13098226/nfl-week-4-bengals-vs-dolphins-final-practice-and-injury-report-for

Looking at the final injury report, I'm giving the edge to the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd say the Bengals benefit more. The running game of the Dolphins is a mess...a 4-man split consisting of all mediocre at best RBs. The Dolphins should not be able to successfully run the ball, so it will mean up-and-down Tannehill will have to pass more in the rain. I'm sensing turnovers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I hope its just rain and not the predicted thunderstorms. Last thing we need is a delay due to lightening

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wouldn't be the first time for the Dolphins.

Holy shit... I've never seen that. They have absolutely zero room to cry about Vontaze now. STFU.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've never really bought a whole lot into the theory that rain helps one team or hurts another that much. The ball is just as slippery, the field just as soggy, the air just as damp for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:40 PM)treee Wrote: Well we have the fifth highest number of rush attempts against our defense and are 19th in average rush yards per game allowed. The Dolphins have the 2nd highest number of rush attempts against them and are 31st in average rush yards allowed per game. Considering we are also getting back Burfict, I'd say rain is significantly more advantageous for us.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/defensive-stats

This, plus we started getting our run game going against the Broncos. Clearly we have the advantage in the rain.

Just need our backs to hold onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Holy shit... I've never seen that. They have absolutely zero room to cry about Vontaze now. STFU.

Whaaaaaa??????  I've posted this gif in Smack at least a hundred times.

along with this one:

[Image: HUMP.gif]

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Whaaaaaa??????  I've posted this gif in Smack at least a hundred times.

along with this one:

[Image: HUMP.gif]

LMAO

Ben be like: "Oh, so that's what sexual assault feels like.....    Still not sorry though hehe"
Reply/Quote
Kind of pleasant out there right now.....winds are calm, partly cloudy.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:16 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Kind of pleasant out there right now.....winds are calm, partly cloudy.

Thanks for the update!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see Burfict returning more as an emotional lift to the rest of the defense, rather than the Bengals are getting an atomic bomb back in action.  The guy had surgery, hasn't played even a preseason down, and will most definitely take several weeks to shake the rust off.

(09-28-2016, 07:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man.....he didn't have much rust to shake last season after surgery and not playing for about a year.....that dude's just a beast ! Flies all over the football field with a nose for the ball.  I certainly agree about the emotional lift.

Beat me to it, Wyche. Almost identical circumstances to last year as far as when he came back and how much time he had to get ready. He was supposed to be on a snap count last year and yet he made a huge difference, holding the sculpture bags to 10 points.

(09-28-2016, 08:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even a question that the Dolphins benefit.

The Bengals can't catch even when it's dry. Last time they played in the rain, the Bengals had 8 drops.

Fair point. Heck, they had 10 more drops vs the Broncos. Definitely something to watch for tonight. Fwiw, Uzomah has only caught 7 of 17 targets. So I'll be keeping an eye on that as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see Burfict returning more as an emotional lift to the rest of the defense, rather than the Bengals are getting an atomic bomb back in action.  The guy had surgery, hasn't played even a preseason down, and will most definitely take several weeks to shake the rust off.

(09-28-2016, 07:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man.....he didn't have much rust to shake last season after surgery and not playing for about a year.....that dude's just a beast ! Flies all over the football field with a nose for the ball.  I certainly agree about the emotional lift.

Beat me to it, Wyche. Almost identical circumstances to last year as far as when he came back and how much time he had to get ready. He was supposed to be on a snap count last year and yet he made a huge difference, holding the scum bags to 10 points.

(09-28-2016, 08:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even a question that the Dolphins benefit.

The Bengals can't catch even when it's dry. Last time they played in the rain, the Bengals had 8 drops.

Fair point. Heck, they had 10 more drops vs the Broncos. Definitely something to watch for tonight. Fwiw, Uzomah has only caught 7 of 17 targets. So I'll be keeping an eye on that as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
True about the drops, this is a concern.

Get on them Juggs. Mellow
Reply/Quote
60 degrees with 7mph wind out of the NNE at game time. No rain until after 11 tonight per the latest forecast.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True about the drops, this is a concern.

Get on them Juggs. Mellow

Mmmm, jugs..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mmmm, jugs..

Seriously, any time i can get on them juggs i am there..
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the Dolphins will be without 2/5ths of their o-line tonight. Starting LT Brandon Albert and C Mike Pouncey are both expected to be OUT. As is Arian Foster and Jordan Cameron (both injury prone).

Laremy Tunsil will be bouncing out from his LG spot to play LT. So hopefully Geno and Peko etc can wreak havoc on what was already a weak interior.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 08:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the Dolphins will be without 2/5ths of their I-line tonight. Starting LT Brandon Albert and C Mike Pouncey are both expected to be OUT. As is Arian Foster.

Geno should have his first big game of the season. Not like he has played bad but he has not been that destroyer yet
we know he can be. This is mostly because he has been doubled most of the time but if that is the case, others need
to take advantage if he cannot beat the double team.
Reply/Quote