Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip!
(11-25-2015, 03:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My favorite one that they can is probably Truth.  They occasionally have one on tap though called Andromeda which is the best beer that I've ever had.

They were hyping that last time I was there but being as I've really havent been drinking for health reasons I havent had it.

I absolutely love Franz, their Oktoberfest. 
They produce so many quality beers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Truth is one of my Goto....  (ive had the beers just never been to the place)  

I like madtree's PsycHOPathy ipa as well...   they are kinda similar.

Havent seen Andromeda  but ill have to check it out.  Still nothing has come close to dethroning HofBrau's Dunkel for me.   its just hard to drive an hour for a beer lol  (a liter one at that and then drive home cause 1 liter is never enough)

Here! Here!  Probst!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 08:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm gonna have to kick it with Weezy some day. He always has the best food/beer suggestions on the forums.

Truck, when you're here, we'll be your tourguides.

What kinda food do you want? I have a suggestion for everything now.

Eli's BBQ, Bakersfield, Zip's, Sebastian's are great for BBQ, Mexican, Burgers, and Greek respectively. Do you dig Sushi or seafood?

Go to Rhinegeist...they have great fresh beer and they recently expanded.
Go to the 16 bit barcade....booze and classic video games can't be beat.

I'll give you more suggestions later.

(11-25-2015, 10:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All good suggestions! 

We are just too hipster guys, living in this hipster world, doing hipster things. ThumbsUp 

Ah, you guys are just too awesome! Thanks so much for all the suggestions, were going to narrow it down on the drive over, before we cross the border (them roaming charges).

I have to inform everyone of one thing though; I don't drink alcohol. I believe I mentioned it waaaay back on the mothership, but its a medical reason (I had skin cancer on m tongue and cannot drink alcohol for the rest of my life; my doctor, my cancer doctor, my dentist, all have told me it is not in my best interest). So the brewery places are out Sad. But a 16-bit game place? Time to school some hipsters Wink

Oh, and Johnny, you asked if I like sushi?

https://www.instagram.com/truck_1_0_1_/

I'll just leave that there Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ah, you guys are just too awesome! Thanks so much for all the suggestions, were going to narrow it down on the drive over, before we cross the border (them roaming charges).

I have to inform everyone of one thing though; I don't drink alcohol. I believe I mentioned it waaaay back on the mothership, but its a medical reason (I had skin cancer on m tongue and cannot drink alcohol for the rest of my life; my doctor, my cancer doctor, my dentist, all have told me it is not in my best interest). So the brewery places are out Sad. But a 16-bit game place? Time to school some hipsters Wink

Oh, and Johnny, you asked if I like sushi?

https://www.instagram.com/truck_1_0_1_/

I'll just leave that there Wink

Ha....good taste, my man!  Try Mr. Sushi while you're here.  Their head sushi chef used to run the Dancing Wasabi restaurant here.  It was the best sushi I had ever had, and he's still carrying on that tradition.

As for the not being allowed to drink, I did not know, but I offer my sincere condolences.  I don't think I could do it.  I don't even drink to get drunk anymore...but having a couple fresh beers is awesome.  If your lady drinks, both Rhinegeist and 16 bit would still be a fun place for you.  Rhinegeist always has cornhole or ping pong tournaments going on, which makes it seem like less of a bar.

Check out our parks...they're some of the best in the country.  Award winning and awesome.

Go to the Union Terminal and see the Cincinnati History museum....it's far more exciting than it sounds.  The museum center also has a natural history museum, an omnimax theatre, and rotating exhibits.  It's pretty cheap too....for what it is.

A little bit north is a new shopping area called Liberty Center.  They've only been open for a month, but there is always something fun going on.  Great food options there as well.

Other things that could be fun while you're here, depending on what you're into: The Cincinnati Zoo, Findlay Market, the Cincinnati Art Museum, and more!  

Have fun and be careful while you're here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dewys Pizza.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 06:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gold Star offers a tex-mex i believe but its normal is also just like skylines.

the 3 way is the Noodles Meat Sauce( chili)  and Cheese

4s add beans or onions and 5s add both

I believe Skyline uses a little cinnamon and goldstar uses brown sugar but i could have that backwards.

As far as eating while your here.   If you dont have one near where you live and want a good beer check out the hofbrauhaus.   Its across the river in newport (night across the street from Newport on the Levi if you need a landmark)  

Its a traditional german beer hall(modeled after the one in munich germany) but man is their food good. and the beer is great.

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/menu/

I wish i could give you a recommedation on a Mexican restraunt but outside of Alcapoco's here in Lebanon and El Rancho Grande  elsewhere i dont know of many.

I always heard it was cinnamon that gave Cincy chili the unique flavor and the manufacturers always said, no it wasn't, it was something else but they would not disclose it... Just a few days ago I heard a guy ask, "what do you use all spice for besides pumpkin pie?" and so I was reading an article about all spice - the article mentioned it is a staple in a lot of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes and also was responsible for giving Cincinnati chili its unique flavor. Perhaps it is?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 09:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks, xxlt! Don't you guys have a Mexican joint too?

That's a "three way," I think its called.

There are 2 main chili companies in the GCA: Gold Star and Skyline.

Gold Star is the more traditional, Ted-Mex Chili. If you have the chili over noodles/spaghetti (not sure which it is and yes, there IS a difference), with cheese, its a three-way, as there are three layers of food (cheese on top of chili, on top of Spaghetti).

Skyline is special: its Mediterranean chili, which is more like a savoury/spiced brown soup, with meat in it: it tastes absolutely AMAZING. The same rules for three-way, etc, apply here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the "way" description.

Believe it or not the best Mexican I ever found in the area was in Florence at a gas station right off I-75 at US 42.
http://mayasmexican.com/
If it is still there Maya's has pretty solid authentic Mexican food.
Interestingly, just down US 42 on the other side of I-75 is this place:
http://themaithai.com/
In what used to be a Long John Silvers (you can still sort of tell but the remodel inside and out is pretty well done) you will get what sushi eaters tell me is the best sushi in Cincinnati area and what I will tell you is damn delectable Thai food served by an excellent wait staff at very reasonable prices.

I've been away from the area for awhile but would eagerly return to either place - especially Mai Thai - if I was in town.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote