Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Uzomah to re-sign
Adam Humphries just got 36$ million over 3...so I guess I feel a little better now.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million a year is insanely overpaid. 43 catches for 439 yards.

Here's his PFF writeup:

The Cincinnati Bengals drafted C.J. Uzomah in the fifth round of the 2015 draft as a developmental prospect at tight end. Four seasons later, Uzomah has struggled to achieve the stats of a league-average player at the position. While he’s had to share snaps with Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft, both were injured early this year, and Uzomah failed to take advantage of the opportunity, producing a 57.4 grade that ranks 34th out of 41 qualifying tight ends.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-c-j-uzomah

As a fan (heck with pff) he has potential but was underutilized. He’s got some good skills. No Kelce for sure, but we’re not paying Kelce money.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million a year is insanely overpaid. 43 catches for 439 yards.

Here's his PFF writeup:

The Cincinnati Bengals drafted C.J. Uzomah in the fifth round of the 2015 draft as a developmental prospect at tight end. Four seasons later, Uzomah has struggled to achieve the stats of a league-average player at the position. While he’s had to share snaps with Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft, both were injured early this year, and Uzomah failed to take advantage of the opportunity, producing a 57.4 grade that ranks 34th out of 41 qualifying tight ends.

Again, you have no idea what other TEs are signing for.
Reply/Quote
Contracts be insane in the membrane these days. Green is going to cost a fortune.

Not sure I like Dunlaps either if I’m being honest. Feel like he should be cleaning up with Atkins in the middle but only over 8 sacks twice. At least he’s durable and I’d hate to see him go do what Whit did. I expect more from him this season.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this were true then no one would be paying TEs this much.

Uzo's contract does not seem that out of line.

How many other TE's were clearly overpaid? I saw Kroft and Uzomah. 

To be clear, I'm not as mad about this as the Hart deal, but I don't see Uzomah as a plus starter. 

In fact, PFF rated him 34th out of 41 TE's. I get that you can't have great players at every spot, but TE is a pretty important spot.

Dalton played sooo much better when he had a good TE.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Fine with this.

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with this. CJ always comes to play. He just needs to be utilized more down the seam. He won't be a dominant piece of the offense, but he should be a key piece.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'll withhold judgement until the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million a year is insanely overpaid. 43 catches for 439 yards.

Here's his PFF writeup:

Totally in line boyles got 18 m for 3 yrs, Kroft got 2 mil for 3 are 2 right off my head..
Reply/Quote
I would have rather kept the money spent on CJ/Hart to sign Jared Cook. What if Cook was the only signing at this point for 3 years 36 million? Most fans would be pretty happy right now. MB will spend money , that's not the problem. This FO really needs a GM! 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:46 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: I would have rather kept the money spent on CJ/Hart to sign Jared Cook. What if Cook was the only signing at this point for 3 years 36 million? Most fans would be pretty happy right now. MB will spend money , that's not the problem. This FO really needs a GM! 

He old.
Reply/Quote