Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Time To Get Fired Up About The Rest Of The Season!
We'll see what the Bengals are made of the next 2 weeks. At 3-5 we still have a chance though. I'm hoping for 2 wins.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 12:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That's how I look at it. No need to go out and kick your dog because the team didn't win..

Never a need for anyone to kick a dog. They should be jailed for doing that. 
Reply/Quote
It truly is

Our next 3 games could make or end the year

3-6 we’re done

6-3 and we are fighting for a 1 seed/division title
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:20 PM)125250 Wrote: I’m hard on them, because I want them to win Super Bowls. 

There is nothing wrong with scrutinizing the players and coaches. Afterall this is a message board. The difference is not respecting how good they are and not giving the FO or staff credit for what they’ve accomplished. No they aren’t perfect.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
LFG
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 08:42 PM)125250 Wrote: Ok, thank you. I enjoy talking to objective/realistic fans. 

Oh. Well, then DON'T log into the GameDay threads then. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We always start slow with Burrow under center, but................

[Image: F9Uwwq9XMAAlEgt?format=jpg&name=large]

But it's time to kick the tires and light the fires!

[Image: dc1c6a8b-af3a-40f1-883d-099361f378bf_text.gif]

We need to come out and handle our business in San Fran like we know how to and get the momentum going into the second half of the season! 

Time to put the league on notice that we're a contender this year!

WHO-DEY!

I'M WITH YA, BRAD!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 12:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That's how I look at it. No need to go out and kick your dog because the team didn't win..

Why would we kick our dog when the neighbor's dog is so close and loves to bark all night.    <---that is a joke.

I understand not letting stuff slide and calling players and coaches out for the screw ups. The team and coaches put our backs against the wall so don't bit*h when the fans come off it swinging.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 07:56 PM)125250 Wrote: No faith in this team.

Until I see them suck after the bye, I have faith in this team as the OP noted in the win/loss column the last couple years.

(10-26-2023, 08:42 PM)125250 Wrote: Ok, thank you. I enjoy talking to objective/realistic fans. 

Really objective and realistic. These so called fans give up on the game 10 minutes in, every damn game. Mellow

Reminds me of the fansville commercials lmao

(10-26-2023, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It makes me happy. Life's too short for it to get you down, Celebrate the victories and don't get consumed by the defeats. 

Damn rights, well said Bfine. Life is too short to get down when you are making it to the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 
games. I could understand if these things didn't happen the last few years and we were still losing in the Playoffs like the Marv
teams but we have won 5 Playoff games and are giving ourselves shots at SB wins. We can do it.

It is getting close if we can get back to what we were late last season and even improve on it.

This much needed rest could be just what we needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, well said Bfine. Life is too short to get down when you are making it to the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 
games. I could understand if these things didn't happen the last few years and we were still losing in the Playoffs like the Marv
teams but we have won 5 Playoff games and are giving ourselves shots at SB wins. We can do it.

I survived the 90s. These are the Happy Days 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I survived the 90s. These are the Happy Days 

That's all that needs to be said. I remember in the 90's the year we went 8-8 most of us were so used to 2 to 4 win seasons it felt like we'd won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I survived the 90s. These are the Happy Days 

This is why Mediocre Marv was allowed to hang around for years. 
Reply/Quote
LET'S-GET-FIRED-UP

Clap-Clap.. Clap, Clap, Clap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

The same. Growing up and going to school out of market was not easy. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah,I’m ready to get fired up,but,I just want to see the Bengals take down the Forty Niners first.Joe Burrow proclaiming he’s 100% should be enough to get us fired up.

He’ll be able to take snaps under center now,and use play action.Huge difference.I like our chances going forward.We all know what this team is capable of.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 03:55 PM)Destro Wrote: The same. Growing up and going to school out of market was not easy. 
Growing up in the 90s wasn't easy IN MARKET.

I was the ONLY student rocking Bengals gear in high school. All the trendy teams of the time were well represented. Lots of Chicago Bulls Starter jackets and hats. Lots of Dallas Cowboys star hats. Lots of NY Yankees merch. NO ONE was rocking Bengals gear and I got teased mercilessly for it. Jokes on them though, I had a cousin who worked for broadcasting set up teams / ESPN that was bringing the family ON FIELD stuff like sideline coats, worn jerseys, cleats, gloves, etc. I was the only teenager around in a Bengals field coat (large enough to fit three of me in it, SUPER WARM for those winter mornings waiting on the bus), Bengals coach's sideline hat, and a game-worn Anthony Munoz jersey hanging on his wall. Sadly I had to sell that jersey to get me home from Colorado Springs, CO many years ago. A sale I regret mightily to this day!
Reply/Quote
The guy I am really interested to see play today is Tee. This is a game where we need him to play well (I mean they all are really) especially because Burrow is healthy. No more excuses because Joe is going to need some help from someone not named Chase. That SF defense is going to be coming after us nonstop. It’s past time for Higgins to have an impact on a game and today is the perfect day for that and to start a new stretch of good play for him this season.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I think we are just tired of a team with this much potential having to claw their way ouf of a huge hole they keep putting themselves in to start the year. SO its normal to question whether this team has it or not considering their losses were very ugly. Even their wins have been ugly

What they did the last 2 seasons is meaningless this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh. Well, then DON'T log into the GameDay threads then. Mellow

He said he likes talking to realistic fans not overtly positive fans lol
Reply/Quote
I was not fired up before today. After that performance, I am now.
Reply/Quote