Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
I've had it. I've seen enough these past few seasons. It's time we move on from this guy. It'd be better if we waited until his birthday to bench him.

Especially after watching these last few games, I can't think of anything else but to say something so outlandish that the football gods decide to give Burrow his mojo back to counter the stupidity.
Writing under the influence of alcohol can be dangerous. Please consider joining a therapy circle!
I remember when I finally said I was done with Mixon. Defended him often and he just stunk it up, badly. I bent to all those haters he had and said he just isn't the answer anymore. He turned around and had five touchdowns that next game.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(10-03-2023, 10:39 PM)Destro Wrote: I remember when I finally said I was done with Mixon. Defended him often and he just stunk it up, badly. I bent to all those haters he had and said he just isn't the answer anymore. He turned around and had five touchdowns that next game.

So all we have to do is talk about how trash Burrow is every week for him to put up goidlike numbers.
This is about the time when Fred would have said I once killed a gopher with a stick.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(10-03-2023, 10:51 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So all we have to do is talk about how trash Burrow is every week for him to put up goidlike numbers.

Well, given that Mixon example the guy had 5 TDs in one game against the Panthers and then scored 4 more across the rest of the 17 game regular season.  That'd be like Burrow throwing 6 TDs in AZ and then ending the season with 11 total passing TDs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2023, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, given that Mixon example the guy had 5 TDs in one game against the Panthers and then scored 4 more across the rest of the 17 game regular season.  That'd be like Burrow throwing 6 TDs in AZ and then ending the season with 11 total passing TDs.

That's because we let up after the 5 TD game. 

But if we have a sustained disdain for Burrow then it'll happen across multiple games. 

All we have to do is refrain from driving someone to trash his lawn and we're gucci.
Intentionally nuking the account?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-03-2023, 11:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This is about the time when Fred would have said I once killed a gopher with a stick.  

You've come a long way from calling me Nostra-freaking-damus. 
(10-03-2023, 10:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've had it. I've seen enough these past few seasons. It's time we move on from this guy. It'd be better if we waited until his birthday to bench him.

Especially after watching these last few games, I can't think of anything else but to say something so outlandish that the football gods decide to give Burrow his mojo back to counter the stupidity.

Then it’s time you stick with your Cowboys.
So this is the proverbial "Nuking the fridge" thread...
I wanted Herbert and whatever else Miami was willing to give up - I believe the rumor was multiple #1's but I would have been fine with just Herbert. So much so that when it didn't happen I stopped posting in JN because I didn't want to be that negative guy.

But why? Because I saw a QB that couldn't play for Ohio State and had one MAGICAL season at LSU with a loaded roster. Thoughts of Akili popped into my head.

But his completion percentage and playoffs and Super bowl!? Thanks Defense and high percentage throws. And a stacked receiving core. And luck. It seems that once in a blue moon the football gods smile down and award the Bengals a AFC championship trophy.

Don't hate the guy just don't think he is Jesus. More like "Good Andy" but at $275 mil. and my gut says that contract is going to haunt this team for a long time.

FWIW I have felt this way for years, again I didn't want to be the negative guy. I saw this thread at the top and decided to let it all go.

(10-04-2023, 01:33 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Thoughts of Akili popped into my head.

Im shocked you are not an NFL coach or scout.....

(10-04-2023, 01:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im shocked you are not an NFL coach or scout.....

I'm shocked your aren't a Cheerleader. But yeah, maybe I should have added a bit more context to that. That popped into my head pre-draft. At no point during Burrows career , except for maybe this season - have I ever thought Joe Burrow resembled Akili Smith. Again, more like "Good Andy" meaning he hovered above the "Dalton Line" with his play more so than below it. The "IT factor" came more with his personality the whole "Joe Cool/Brr" thing that players seemed to respond well to. Leadership.

Which doesn't seem to be there right now.

Anyway, I'm out. I have said all I needed to say. 

(10-04-2023, 02:31 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'm shocked your aren't a Cheerleader. But yeah, maybe I should have added a bit more context to that. That popped into my head pre-draft. At no point during Burrows career , except for maybe this season - have I ever thought Joe Burrow resembled Akili Smith. Again, more like "Good Andy" meaning he hovered above the "Dalton Line" with his play more so than below it. The "IT factor" came more with his personality the whole "Joe Cool/Brr" thing that players seemed to respond well to. Leadership.

Which doesn't seem to be there right now.

Anyway, I'm out. I have said all I needed to say. 

Maybe look at Akili's Sr season and compare it to Joe's and you will see how silly that comment is, and Joe has been better than "Good Andy"...  again, your talent evaluation is comical.

Well this board is officially Facebook level. Hope the mutants are happy with themselves.

A bit early for me to jump ship on Joe. Well...a lot early. Ha. Throw in the fact Joe is hurt also at the moment.
Burrow isn't going anywhere. He is in a slump right now and will break out of it. Heck, every pro has ups and downs in their career. Let's stick with Joe through this difficult time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
(10-04-2023, 01:33 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I wanted Herbert and whatever else Miami was willing to give up - I believe the rumor was multiple #1's but I would have been fine with just Herbert. So much so that when it didn't happen I stopped posting in JN because I didn't want to be that negative guy.

But why? Because I saw a QB that couldn't play for Ohio State and had one MAGICAL season at LSU with a loaded roster. Thoughts of Akili popped into my head.

But his completion percentage and playoffs and Super bowl!? Thanks Defense and high percentage throws. And a stacked receiving core. And luck. It seems that once in a blue moon the football gods smile down and award the Bengals a AFC championship trophy.

Don't hate the guy just don't think he is Jesus. More like "Good Andy" but at $275 mil. and my gut says that contract is going to haunt this team for a long time.

FWIW I have felt this way for years, again I didn't want to be the negative guy. I saw this thread at the top and decided to let it all go.

Cigar
(10-03-2023, 10:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've had it. I've seen enough these past few seasons. It's time we move on from this guy. It'd be better if we waited until his birthday to bench him.

Marvin, C'mon you're better than this. You've done alot for this organization and people will be forever grateful for what you did back in the early 2000's. Don't get salty on us now!!!