Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's a Trap!"
Yes, Admiral Ackbar, it's a trap; a trap game, that is.  The Cleveland Browns host our Bengals next week and it's not going to be easy beating them.  The Stains have nothing to lose and they have neither respect nor admiration for the Bengals. Also, most of their fans are jerks.  To get to 8-7-1, the Bengals need to get to 5-7-1 along the way -- and that needs to happen in Cleveland.

Here's how to beat the poop out of the Turds:

Play aggressive defense.  Don't play prevent defense until it's 00:00 in the fourth quarter i.e. when the game is over.

Don't get cute on offense.  Stick with simple.  Secure the ball.

Make every PAT and field goal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
if our o-line shows up i think we got this game. defense is starting to gel finally, now if we can work out the O-line we will be in ok shape.

also need our WR's to show up like this week.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:26 PM)magikod Wrote: also need our WR's to show up like this week.

Considering the Bengals have no run game to speak of, Andy Dalton will indeed have to beat the Browns, Steelers, Texans, and Ravens through the air.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Make every PAT and field goal.

C'mon man, be realistic. If Nugent finishes the game with a 75% or better combined FG/XP percentage, at this point, we should thank our lucky stars.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Admiral Ackbar, it's a trap; a trap game, that is.  The Cleveland Browns host our Bengals next week and it's not going to be easy beating them.  The Stains have nothing to lose and they have neither respect nor admiration for the Bengals.  Also, most of their fans are jerks.  To get to 8-7-1, the Bengals need to get to 5-7-1 along the way -- and that needs to happen in Cleveland.

Play aggressive defense.  Don't play prevent defense until it's 00:00 in the fourth quarter i.e. when the game is over.

I agree 100%. However...

We have reverted back to soft, conservative defense. I don't know if Guenther is Chuck Bresnahan 2.0 or if Marvin stupidly altered the playbook to his liking or what but they seem to favor prevent defense the majority of the time. 

We love to get cute on offense, as infuriating as it is. Prime example: that play today where Fisher caught the underneath pass and fumbled. That play should never have been called in that situation. We had a big lead, burkhead was moving the ball, there was no need for it. 

Nugent is good for at least one missed XP or field goal. I guarantee it will happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:01 PM)Ravage Wrote: C'mon man, be realistic. If Nugent finishes the game with a 75% or better combined FG/XP percentage, at this point, we should thank our lucky stars.

Speaking of that, notice the network did a split screen almost everytime with Marvin looking on as Nugent kicked? Sheese...

Browns don't want to win, they want picks...they want to be the worst to get the number one pick, and many Browns fans were thrilled that the Eagles were beat today...because of the Wentz trade/draft pick.

With that being said, if this team we saw today can carry over just half of what they did today, Browns will get another step closer to the #1 draft pick.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We have reverted back to soft, conservative defense. I don't know if Guenther is Chuck Bresnahan 2.0 or if Marvin stupidly altered the playbook to his liking or what but they seem to favor prevent defense the majority of the time. 

The defensive line got some decent pressure on Carson Wentz today and kept the usually explosive Darren Sproles down to a dull roar.  Three interceptions were good too -- but on third or fourth down the Cincinnati secondary played too deep.  Now I know the one man or two man over or a cover-2 are fairly effective ways to stop the big play or the deep ball but as far back as George Iloka and Josh Shaw were playing, it all but guaranteed a conversion.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Speaking of that, notice the network did a split screen almost everytime with Marvin looking on as Nugent kicked? Sheese...

Browns don't want to win, they want to make Hue cry as much as possible...they want to be the worst to get the number one pick, and many Browns fans were thrilled that the Eagles were beat today...because of the Wentz trade/draft pick.

With that being said, if this team we saw today can carry over just half of what they did today, Browns will get another step closer to the #1 draft pick.

fixed
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line got some decent pressure on Carson Wentz today and kept the usually explosive Darren Sproles down to a dull roar.  Three interceptions were good too -- but on third or fourth down the Cincinnati secondary played too deep.  Now I know the one man or two man over or a cover-2 are fairly effective ways to stop the big play or the deep ball but as far back as George Iloka and Josh Shaw were playing, it all but guaranteed a conversion.

Reggie wouldn't have played so deep...but in Reggie I trusted. 

I wonder if the BPA in the draft for us would be a top S...?

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: fixed

Poor Hue.

He's probably going to have a job after this season with a winless record...Marvin needs to still get it in gear to secure his future... Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Admiral Ackbar, it's a trap; a trap game, that is.  The Cleveland Browns host our Bengals next week and it's not going to be easy beating them.  The Stains have nothing to lose and they have neither respect nor admiration for the Bengals.  Also, most of their fans are jerks.  To get to 8-7-1, the Bengals need to get to 5-7-1 along the way -- and that needs to happen in Cleveland.

I agree 100%. However...

We have reverted back to soft, conservative defense. I don't know if Guenther is Chuck Bresnahan 2.0 or if Marvin stupidly altered the playbook to his liking or what but they seem to favor prevent defense the majority of the time. 

We love to get cute on offense, as infuriating as it is. Prime example: that play today where Fisher caught the underneath pass and fumbled. That play should never have been called in that situation. We had a big lead, burkhead was moving the ball, there was no need for it. 

Nugent is good for at least one missed XP or field goal. I guarantee it will happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Considering the Bengals have no run game to speak of, Andy Dalton will indeed have to beat the Browns, Steelers, Texans, and Ravens through the air.

If we use Rex more often maybe we can have a run game.  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

I was really expecting a Sarcasm Smilie at the end of this FIK!   I didn't think it was possible for a 4-7-1 team to have a 'trap' game!

Yes, I know if even if the Bengals 'win out' and the Ravens and Steelers lose 3 of their last 4, as they play each other, one of them would finish 8-8 and the Bengals would finish 8-7-1 and win the division.  I think Cam Newton has a better chance to win back to back MVPs.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to be wrong.
Reply/Quote
It really isn't a trap game if we are also terrible. That said, we always smash the Browns in our 2nd game and it shouldn't be too big of a problem this week
Reply/Quote
I just don't want Marvin Lewis and the team to get complacent and look past the Cleveland game because the Bengals play Pittsburgh for all the marbles in prime time the following week. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just don't want Marvin Lewis and the team to get complacent and look past the Cleveland game because the Bengals play Pittsburgh for all the marbles in prime time the following week. Whatever

Bengals have 2 primetime games left unless they flex.  To my knowledge, I do not recall them ever winning 3 primetime games and tying one in a season....EVER!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Bengals have 2 primetime games left unless they flex.  To my knowledge, I do not recall them ever winning 3 primetime games and tying one in a season....EVER!!!

Bengals-Steelers is probably gonna be flexed. Steelers are gonna poop on us

Edit - literally right as I typed this it was flexed
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:30 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Poor Hue.

He's probably going to have a job after this season with a winless record...Marvin needs to still get it in gear to secure his future... Whatever

In all fairness, Hue is the HC of a football team that lacks NFL talent at almost every position.  I've seen teams get "blown up" for a rebuild before, but they literally got rid of pretty much anyone who had ever been on the field for a single snap and then got a veritable "Who's who" of injured, losing QBs.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I agree 100%. However...

If the Bengals players are to win any more games including this one, they have to keep overcoming the pathetic excuse of a coaching staff.

Like you say there was absolutely no use for running that Fisher play there ! How many sweeps/pitch plays did we run with Hill to the outside ? 4, 5, 6 ? for like a net of 1 yard - pathetic coaching ! Marvin wasted 30 seconds or more in the drive to end the half. We were lucky to score a TD there in the last seconds - pathetic coaching.

One could go on and on. I have way less than 0% confidence in this coaching staff's ability to win anything. If we do it, the players will be responsible.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Hue is the HC of a football team that lacks NFL talent at almost every position.  I've seen teams get "blown up" for a rebuild before, but they literally got rid of pretty much anyone who had ever been on the field for a single snap and then got a veritable "Who's who" of injured, losing QBs.

I talk to Browns fans...they know they suck, so winning the #1 draft pick and drafting players overall is like their Superbowl...I'm confused as hell. They hit 'rock bottom', and they actually don't feel the affects...were we like this in the 90's? I had to think, no again. As a fan in the 90's I was just pissed off all the time. So, I think the Browns organization and their fans have lost their damn minds.

Reply/Quote