Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a miracle
(10-18-2019, 03:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Later in the presser, Zac did say it was Glenn's first day in full pads.

And the video of practice shows Glenn doing drills not in pads. The saying goes, I see better than I hear.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sure it hurt Glenn's ego that he was moving to LG...with Jonah at LT and Bobbie Hart at RT.

The Bengals basically said, Bobbie Hart is a better Tackle than you.

Ironically, he is rated 9rd in the NFL as giving up the fewest sacks(3) vs other tackles and 12th in the NFL vs. other tackles for fewest penalties (5).  Not saying he is a Pro Bowler...his rating is 52.3 (not sure where that ranks among all tackles...not a subscriber) but he sure isn't the biggest problem on the team, let alone the offensive line.  The poor play on the LG and LT side has really ruined any chances for this offense, even before the weapons were depleted. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 07:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the video of practice shows Glenn doing drills not in pads. The saying goes, I see better than I hear.

Which is a good credo to have, when dealing with the Bengals and their mumbo jumbo.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 07:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the video of practice shows Glenn doing drills not in pads. The saying goes, I see better than I hear.

This is probably why he got in an argument with a coach.

He was supposed to be in pads.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ironically, he is rated 9rd 

I'm sorry but I find this typo REALLY funny. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is probably why he got in an argument with a coach.

He was supposed to be in pads.

That’s possible. He could also be pissed if a coach accused him of malingering if he isn’t.

A player can’t progress to the next step in the return to play protocol unless they are symptom free for 24 hours after the last step. If he is complaining he is being rushed back too soon he must still be experiencing symptoms. If he is still experiencing symptoms there is no way for him to progress through the return to play protocol to the point he can be cleared by an independent neurologist.

If symptoms develop, the player must rest until symptoms have resolved then they start at the previous step which didn’t cause symptoms. So if Glenn developed a headache after step 4 he would need to rest until symptom free and when he resumed the protocol it would be at step 3, not step 4.

If he is claiming he is being rushed back too soon, but not experiencing concussion symptoms then he is malingering.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s possible. He could also be pissed if a coach accused him of malingering if he isn’t.

A player can’t progress to the next step in the return to play protocol unless they are symptom free for 24 hours after the last step. If he is complaining he is being rushed back too soon he must still be experiencing symptoms. If he is still experiencing symptoms there is no way for him to progress through the return to play protocol to the point he can be cleared by an independent neurologist.

If symptoms develop, the player must rest until symptoms have resolved then they start at the previous step which didn’t cause symptoms. So if Glenn developed a headache after step 4 he would need to rest until symptom free and when he resumed the protocol it would be at step 3, not step 4.

If he is claiming he is being rushed back too soon, but not experiencing concussion symptoms then he is malingering.

And guess what you can do to extended concussion protocol; fake it. He may not be faking it at all but look at the current situation for the team. They are 0-6 and the offense line has been one of the many bigger issues impacting the team. Whatever the disagreement is; when you see another player like Webb out there with a cast on his hand you hope someone like Glenn who has had time to recover can get out onto the field ASAP because they need him. 

Right now it wouldn't matter if Glenn played LT. In fact, if I was in the front office I would try to trade him due to his injury history and the simple fact seems like he doesn't want to be here. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:22 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: And guess what you can do to extended concussion protocol; fake it. He may not be faking it at all but look at the current situation for the team. They are 0-6 and the offense line has been one of the many bigger issues impacting the team. Whatever the disagreement is; when you see another player like Webb out there with a cast on his hand you hope someone like Glenn who has had time to recover can get out onto the field ASAP because they need him. 

Right now it wouldn't matter if Glenn played LT. In fact, if I was in the front office I would try to trade him due to his injury history and the simple fact seems like he doesn't want to be here. 

Yes, you can fake it. But, if his goal is to get out of Cincy, faking a concussion decreases the chance a team will trade for him and the Bengals can’t cut him while injured. So faking concussion symptoms would decrease his chances of getting out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, you can fake it. But, if his goal is to get out of Cincy, faking a concussion decreases the chance a team will trade for him and the Bengals can’t cut him while injured. So faking concussion symptoms would decrease his chances of getting out.

When injured he still gets paid. He could simply be milking the Bengals until they offer him an injury settlement. From there he would be free to sign with any other team based on their medical evaluation. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:33 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: When injured he still gets paid. He could simply be milking the Bengals until they offer him an injury settlement. From there he would be free to sign with any other team based on their medical evaluation. 

He loses money with an injury settlement and it’s unlikely a team would sign him for his current salary after an injury settlement for a recalcitrant concussion. If a player wants to be traded or cut to sign with another team you fake back spasms like Jalen Ramsey, not a concussion.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:22 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: And guess what you can do to extended concussion protocol; fake it. He may not be faking it at all but look at the current situation for the team. They are 0-6 and the offense line has been one of the many bigger issues impacting the team. Whatever the disagreement is; when you see another player like Webb out there with a cast on his hand you hope someone like Glenn who has had time to recover can get out onto the field ASAP because they need him. 

My big question is ,are we going to WIN THIS SUNDAY??????
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ironically, he is rated 9rd in the NFL as giving up the fewest sacks(3) vs other tackles and 12th in the NFL vs. other tackles for fewest penalties (5).  Not saying he is a Pro Bowler...his rating is 52.3 (not sure where that ranks among all tackles...not a subscriber) but he sure isn't the biggest problem on the team, let alone the offensive line.  The poor play on the LG and LT side has really ruined any chances for this offense, even before the weapons were depleted. 

Right now, he's 83st (lol, sorry i just had to do it)

But for real, he's #83 in your program and your heart.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote