Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all on the defense...
What did Toussant mean when he said he was "preparing to hunt"... is he head hunting? Still confused by this comment.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...or at least it makes me feel more confident to think about it that way. If our defense can limit Antonio Brown like they have all season (averaging 67 yards on 10.3 ypc) while forcing Pig Ben to turn it over (4 INTs combined), I really think we'll win this one.

DeAngelo Williams has been an x-factor for the Steelers all season. While the passing game got all the credit, he really softened the blow of losing Leveon Bell. There was almost no drop off.

Leveon Bell in 5 complete starts- averaged 127 all purpose yards with 3 TDs. 4.9 yards per carry.
D. Williams in 9 complete starts- averaged 122 all purpose yards with 11 TDs. 4.5 yards per carry.

Williams replaced Bell's production completely, and was a better red zone threat than Bell, tbh. Williams averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage with 2 TDs against us this year. With him out, word is that the Steelers will lean on Fitzgerald Toussaint, who has 27 career touches and a 2.3 ypc average.

The Steelers are acting like this is no big deal, but it clearly is. Especially with the forecast calling for rain. Williams was a big-time producer through the run, on dump-offs and in the red zone. It will put more pressure on Ben to produce, and we've seen what happens when Ben is pressured this year.

Nice, thanks for those stats on the RB's Shake. This is where we need to take advantage. Both teams will
probably not be able to run the ball too well cause the Steelers are going to try to stack the box on Hill and
Gio and make AJM beat them through the air. The problem for them is we have Eifert, Green, MLJ, Sanu,
Gio and Hill all to throw to.

Our Safeties should take away the deep ball like they have both games this season against the Steelers and
force the Pig to check it down. Then we need our backers like Burfict, Rey and Shawn to lay the receivers
out with some big hits.

I think this is a winning solution for us.
Reply/Quote
If Geno, Carlos, and Vontaz perform like themselves then we can win this game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:09 PM)J24 Wrote: If Geno, Carlos, and Vontaz perform like themselves then we can win this game.

MJ as well, i think some people have kind of forgotten that MJ has had a fine season too.

Dunlap and Geno's sacks just overshadow this fact.
Reply/Quote
If Dre Kirkpatrick's ass is ever going to cash the checks that his mouth writes, tomorrow would be a perfect time for it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, thanks for those stats on the RB's Shake. This is where we need to take advantage. Both teams will
probably not be able to run the ball too well cause the Steelers are going to try to stack the box on Hill and
Gio and make AJM beat them through the air. The problem for them is we have Eifert, Green, MLJ, Sanu,
Gio and Hill all to throw to.

Our Safeties should take away the deep ball like they have both games this season against the Steelers and
force the Pig to check it down. Then we need our backers like Burfict, Rey and Shawn to lay the receivers
out with some big hits.

I totally agree with this.  The most important thing though is to not let this Trouffant character become some folk hero.  Our D has been horrid against the run in the post season.  It'd be a nice change of pace if the offense scores after halftime too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: MJ as well, i think some people have kind of forgotten that MJ has had a fine season too.

Dunlap and Geno's sacks just overshadow this fact.

He has performed a lot better than Geathers and Gilberry last season but he is not on the same level has those three guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our Safeties should take away the deep ball like they have both games this season against the Steelers and
out with some big hits.

Agreed. With Williams out, there's no reason not to have our safeties back. Take away the deep passes and limit them to short throws. Of course, we've already done a good job of that against Ben this year. He averaged a measly 6.48 YPA in the 2 games combined. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:26 PM)jason Wrote: I totally agree with this.  The most important thing though is to not let this Trouffant character become some folk hero.  Our D has been horrid against the run in the post season.  It'd be a nice change of pace if the offense scores after halftime too.

Those no name backs give us problems sometimes, i doubt he will give us as much as DeAngelo though.

(01-08-2016, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote: He has performed a lot better than Geathers and Gilberry last season but he is not on the same level has those three guys.

Didn't say he was, i just think MJ has been overlooked a bit this season. He has played well.

(01-08-2016, 06:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. With Williams out, there's no reason not to have our safeties back. Take away the deep passes and limit them to short throws. Of course, we've already done a good job of that against Ben this year. He averaged a measly 6.48 YPA in the 2 games combined. 

Yes, we know what to do. We just need to do it.

I like our chances tomorrow night fellas. Cool
Reply/Quote