Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's almost Halloween- We need Chuckie
Fire Marvin and Hire John Gruden. Word is, Gruden has been preparing to return to coaching, so why not here. People say he only won the SB in Tampa because the team was built before he got there. Well, this team is a couple of olinemen from being built. I'd like for them to bring him in...Do I think it will happen, no, but one can hope.
Reply/Quote
He's only a phone call away :

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:45 PM)bengals73 Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

"You mean I can have AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard and the one of the better defenses in the league?"
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, we are more likely to hire this guy. I mean he already has the color scheme down! At least the Press Conferences should be entertaining......ANY QUESTIONS?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no way Gruden would come here and work for the current Bengals Management. No way.

Just like Coughlin didn't.
Reply/Quote
One can dream.....
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:45 PM)bengals73 Wrote: He's only a phone call away :

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

And apparently hammered off Coronas! Drunk Gruden > Sober Marvin
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "You mean I can have AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard and the one of the better defenses in the league?"

Yep...and quite possibly the most useless offensive line and line coach in history
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "You mean I can have AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard and the one of the better defenses in the league?"

Green is 29. Atkins is 29.

Atkins and Dunlap are free agents after next season.

The offensive line is terrible.

The coaches scout.

Management lets players leave in favor of Comp Picks.

There is no way he'd come. Maybe in 2014 if Marvin was fired this job would have been attractive. Not now. It's a total rebuild and it's going to get worse as the rest of the core ages/leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green is 29. Atkins is 29.

Atkins and Dunlap are free agents after next season.

The offensive line is terrible.

The coaches scout.

Management lets players leave in favor of Comp Picks.

There is no way he'd come. Maybe in 2014 if Marvin was fired this job would have been attractive. Not now. It's a total rebuild and it's going to get worse as the rest of the core ages/leave.

Yuuup.

We needed to axe Marv last year and go for a young gun like Shanahan or McVay. You aren't getting a "coveted" experienced HC here unless it's a burnout 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fire Marvin and Hire John Gruden. Word is, Gruden has been preparing to return to coaching, so why not here. People say he only won the SB in Tampa because the team was built before he got there. Well, this team is a couple of olinemen from being built. I'd like for them to bring him in...Do I think it will happen, no, but one can hope.

Sorry. You can hope all you want. He's not coming off the well paid bench to coach for this organization. 

Not.one.chance.in.hell.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Word is Tennessee and Florida are both ready to throw outrageous money at him to coach in college, but I highly doubt he coaches in the NFL let alone college. I would take Urban Meyer in a heart beat, as his son is graduating from high school in Columbus soon which may open him up to a short relocation southwest.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can hire Jay Gruden after the Redskins fire him this year.
Reply/Quote
No great coach is going to come here and do things the way Bengals Management have them setup. And Bengals management likely doesn't want that.

You'll see most likely a guy from inside like Guenther. Guenther worked for Marvin for like 15 years and won't change things.

IF they go outside, it will be some coordinator somewhere that was passed over for jobs and is kind of desperate for a HC job.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe we can hire Jay Gruden after the Redskins fire him this year.

Is there a 3rd Gruden brother? Our best shot would be hiring that guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe we can hire Jay Gruden after the Redskins fire him this year.

If they fire him, it'd make a ton of sense. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No great coach is going to come here and do things the way Bengals Management have them setup. And Bengals management likely doesn't want that.

You'll see most likely a guy from inside like Guenther. Guenther worked for Marvin for like 15 years and won't change things.

IF they go outside, it will be some coordinator somewhere that was passed over for jobs and is kind of desperate for a HC job.

They won't do what every other NFL team or major college team would do

Hire someone with a track record of winning and who expects to win and let him bring in his own assistants and allow him to make other changes to bring Bengals into 21st century - such as an indoor practice facility and adding scouts.

Marv  will probably get an  extension but if not it will be an internal hire, all assistants will stay ( including Alexander), Bodine will be re-signed, and things will never change until lease expires and Bengals leave Cincinnati because of poor attendance and no new stadium.
Reply/Quote
Hire Pete Rose to manage this team. He may not know much about football, but at least he has a desire to win and definitely wouldnt put up with smart ass overpaid punks giving up on plays.

Reply/Quote
The thing is;

Jon Gruden wasn't that good of a coach. I lived in central Florida from 1994 through 2006. Tony Dungy and the owners built a team around defense and the offense wasn't getting good until 2001 or so. Then Tony got fired, Jon came in an inherited the team with the ferocious defense and better offense to get them into the super bowl and beat the tar out of the team he had coached the year before.

Then in 2003, they "defended" their SB title by going 7-9. Oh yeah, one of the losses was to the Tony Dungy-led Colts who, on a Monday night game put up 21 points in five minutes or something like that to beat the Bucs in overtime. That must have felt really good to Tony.

The year after the Bucs were even worse, going 5-11 or something. In 2005 they did manage to win the division (lost in the first round) and then they nosedived again to 4-12 before scraping another winning season together in 2007 and again losing as a wild card in the first round. He was drummed out of Tampa shortly after and has been in the broadcast booth ever since. Does that sound good to anybody?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they fire him, it'd make a ton of sense. 

I have been hearing that Washington has been getting frustrated by Gruden. Especially this year. I don't know why they are, but I know a few Redskins fans that are saying that. I don't know how accurate it all is, but that's just the rumor I have been hearing.
Reply/Quote