Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's been 10 weeks since the Bengals beat a decent team
(01-06-2016, 01:01 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I will be rooting for the Bengals like I have been for many many years now come hell or high water.  Brag on them when they win and criticize them when they lose.

The bottom line is - We all can debate until we're blue in the face about how A +B & C= Win / Loss  before hand - But only after Saturday night we will know the truth.

You are correct on Saturday nite will decide who wins and losses and it is also why I don;t buy into history that much.. what happen 5 weeks ago, 2 years ago,  5 years ago etc has very little to do with Saturday unless we are talking injuries (Dalton out, or Williams out) etc.. that has more to do with altering a game than oh we got beat in prime time in Denver in OT = we are not looking good this Saturday against Steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two of those losses were without Dalton.

Two went into overtime and the Texans loss only by 4.

I'm very confident in this team
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:29 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: 11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent.

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams (Teams with winning records at seasons end), of course they lost every one.

Texans, Steelers, Cardinals and Broncos.  L L L L

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!

Last time the OP started a quality thread = never
Reply/Quote
It's also been all season where they didn't lose to a non-playoff team. Think about that one while you chew on the Steelers lose to Ryan Mallett and the top 10 drafting Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I should create a poster called "Slash 2 Plaxico" and go troll Steelers boards.

On second thought, that'd be incredibly lame.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We lost in the last minute to 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road, one with a backup QB so excuse me if I don't go all jump off the cliff mode.

I expect several bridge jumping episodes reported if the Bengals lose Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I expect several bridge jumping episodes reported if the Bengals lose Saturday.

You can expect to hear about a Dayton neighborhood burning when they win...  I'm going to tear this ***** up. Happy Cheers Drunk Wasted
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: You can expect to hear about a Dayton neighborhood burning when they win...  I'm going to tear this ***** up. Happy Cheers Drunk Wasted

Burn your own town? Will there be looting and riot mentality as well?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Burn your own town? Will there be looting and riot mentality as well?

No... But that's not a bad idea. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Burn your own town? Will there be looting and riot mentality as well?

Probably.  That is what white people do when their team wins a championship, and a lot of people around here would consider beating the Steelers Saturday as good as a Championship.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:29 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: 11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent.

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams (Teams with winning records at seasons end), of course they lost every one.

Texans, Steelers, Cardinals and Broncos.  L L L L

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!

Look at the losses you posted.  1 is the #1 seed in the AFC, 1 is #2 seed in the NFC, 1 is #4 seed in the AFC, the other is #6 seed AFC.  

The first two took last minute FGs to beat us.  Houston took a really bad game on our part, dropped passes and penalties, and we split with th other team.  

Meaning we've beat the teams we were supposed to beat and we've been competitive in all of our losses.  
Reply/Quote
It's been 2 weeks since the Steelers lost to the Ravens

thread end.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:25 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Look at the losses you posted.  1 is the #1 seed in the AFC, 1 is #2 seed in the NFC, 1 is #4 seed in the AFC, the other is #6 seed AFC.  

The first two took last minute FGs to beat us.  Houston took a really bad game on our part, dropped passes and penalties, and we split with th other team.  

Meaning we've beat the teams we were supposed to beat and we've been competitive in all of our losses.  

Not to sound like I agree wholeheartedly with the OP, but I'm a little concerned that being competitive in all our losses against good teams in the second half of the season is foreshadowing yet another competitive loss, this time in the playoffs against a good team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lolololol
Reply/Quote
Make it 11 weeks
Reply/Quote