Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been a long road
So, many of you know some of these details, but here's the back story. I am an accountant with a degree from a for-profit school. I work for a public university in an auditing type of role. That university acknowledges my degree for work, but I cannot continue my education with them because of the difference in accreditation levels. So I started all over.

That was six years ago. 110 credits, no more than two classes a semester. Last night I finished my senior thesis defense for my BS in Policy Analysis. Next Saturday is commencement, which I won't be at because I didn't want to buy the regalia. I am finishing with a GPA over 3.967.

Anyway, wanted to share with you all because this is where I post the most on here, plus my degree is in the poli sci realm, so it fits. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Congrats. No one here will be surprised by that GPA. Impressive on many levels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:13 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Congrats. No one here will be surprised by that GPA. Impressive on many levels.

Four A minuses. They're just killing me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Your grade point average is impressive but what impresses me more is your perseverance. Obtaining any degree at any level while working full time is a difficult ask; I know this from experience.

Please accept my sincere congratulations on obtaining your BS.

So when are you starting graduate school?
Reply/Quote
Congratulations... Quite an achievement. You obviously have been hard at work.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 12:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So when are you starting graduate school?

I am going to wait a bit. My wife has been considering a doctoral program, so I want to let her make that decision. Give her the opportunity because both of us can't be doing a grad program at the same time. But I do have plans for an MPA.

Reply/Quote
My sincere kudos, Bel, very impressive. I absolutely loathe school, I couldn't wait to get out of college, so anyone who can stick out post grad degrees is impressive to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 07:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, many of you know some of these details, but here's the back story. I am an accountant with a degree from a for-profit school. I work for a public university in an auditing type of role. That university acknowledges my degree for work, but I cannot continue my education with them because of the difference in accreditation levels. So I started all over.

That was six years ago. 110 credits, no more than two classes a semester. Last night I finished my senior thesis defense for my BS in Policy Analysis. Next Saturday is commencement, which I won't be at because I didn't want to buy the regalia. I am finishing with a GPA over 3.967.

Anyway, wanted to share with you all because this is where I post the most on here, plus my degree is in the poli sci realm, so it fits. LOL

Congrats and good work.

What was your thesis on? 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 06:44 PM)Dill Wrote: Congrats and good work.

What was your thesis on? 

I was more of a research proposal, but it was the thing about red wolves I mentioned in another thread. Essentially, applying the methods from a 2013 study done for the reintroduction of black bears in an area of Ohio to the region of North Carolina where they have been trying to restore the red wolf population.

Reply/Quote