Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's disgraceful?
It's disgraceful for fans to throw shit at players in the NFL? OK.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/10-21-14-jj-watt-mocked-by-pittsburgh-steelers-fans-after-loss-its-jeers-and-beer-showers-with-texans-season-in-doubt/

Quote:"J.J. have a nice trip back to Texas, baby!" one guy screams at the hulking defensive lineman with full beer courage bravado. "This is Steelers Country and you don't want any part of Steelers Country. You can't handle it!"

Watt doesn't even look up. DeAndre Hopkin does.

When the second-year wideout follows Watt off the field, he's hit with a "Thanks for dropping that fumble, Hopkins!" and then F-Bombs from the Steelers fans start flying. F]ollowed by the beer.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's disgraceful for fans to throw shit at players in the NFL? OK.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/10-21-14-jj-watt-mocked-by-pittsburgh-steelers-fans-after-loss-its-jeers-and-beer-showers-with-texans-season-in-doubt/

ThumbsUp

And those fans are an embarrassment as well. Classless asshats who, IMHO deserve to have their season tickets (if they have them) pulled or moved somewhere that they cannot interact in such a way with the players.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And those fans are an embarrassment as well. Classless asshats who, IMHO deserve to have their season tickets (if they have them) pulled or moved somewhere that they cannot interact in such a way with the players like that.

Exactly.

But I'm SURE Phil isn't trying to justify the Bengals bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior elsewhere that no one denied or said was good.

I'm sure.

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.

But I'm SURE Phil isn't trying to justify the Bengals bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior elsewhere that no one denied or said was good.

I'm sure.

Mellow

Nope. Just fishing for hypocrites.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's disgraceful for fans to throw shit at players in the NFL? OK.

ThumbsUp

The scary part is it was unprovoked as the Steelers were not screwed by the refs and won the game. Classy bunch and you have those who ignore Ben's antics. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. Just fishing for hypocrites.  Wink

Find any?

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

I'm sure.

Mellow

Nah. There are asshats in every stadium and they're equally assinine (extra s added on purpose).

There was some talk about that never happening in Pitt though...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I'm sure.

Mellow

We are sure you try and deflect your fan base is no better and maybe worse. ThumbsUp Phil, why fish as they post in these forums everyday.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. There are asshats in every stadium and they're equally assinine (extra s added on purpose).

There was some talk about that never happening in Pitt though...

I've only been to a handful of games but have never seen the kind of behavior mentioned.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  

(01-14-2016, 03:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We are sure you try and deflect your fan base is no better and maybe worse. ThumbsUp Phil, why fish as they post in these forums everyday.

If that's what you got from my post maybe your "sources" aren't bad.  Maybe its just that you can't read what they send you?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Find any?

Mellow

Yep. Found one.

(01-10-2016, 06:13 PM)Vlad Wrote: You would never see Steeler fans throwing beer and debris onto the field as a player was being carted off.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've only been to a handful of games but have never seen the kind of behavior mentioned.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  

If that's what you got from my post maybe your "sources" aren't bad.  Maybe its just that you can't read what they send you?

It happens.  Maybe not the beer  throwing all the time but I've been to over 100 games, and the fans leaning over the tunnel probably aren't saying, "Good game."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've only been to a handful of games but have never seen the kind of behavior mentioned.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. 

I've been to more than 50 games and there's only one time i've ever seen something thrown on the field. It was in the mid(ish) 80's against the Seahawks on a terrible cold and slushy day. There were a few iceballs thrown at refs in the end zone after they made a few questionable calls. 

Not excusing it at all, just saying; once out of all those games. 

I'd be shocked to find out it's never happened at a stadium in any city at any time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've never been to a pro game of anything, too poor for that stuff. I've been to plenty of college games here and I've seen some ugliness. There is a line between trying to get in their head and just being ugly. Throwing things and personal insults cross that line. Unfortunately you can't control everyone's behavior.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It happens.  Maybe not the beer  throwing all the time but I've been to over 100 games, and the fans leaning over the tunnel probably aren't saying, "Good game."

I went to a WWF show in Pittsburgh in the mid-90's just to get close enough to yell at Hulk Hogan he sucked.

But that's professional wrestling!  LOL!

And I admit I've yelled at players and officials at Steelers games from my seat...but never thrown anything and never would.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The scary part is it was unprovoked as the Steelers were not screwed by the refs and won the game. Classy bunch and you have those who ignore Ben's antics. Wink

Yeah, it's much classier to throw stuff at an injured player who didn't have any direct involvement in what you're so pissed off about.  

You're the Bengal version of Vlad.  Everyone else on either side is saying it's deplorable no matter who it is, and you're still playing the 'You're worse than us' game.  

Since it's you, I'll add an extra paragraph to clarify that I do not think the Steelers fans actions were any better.  It's dispicable no matter the fan base or the motivation.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, it's much classier to throw stuff at an injured Sexual abuser who didn't have any direct involvement in what you're so pissed off about.  

You're the Bengal version of Vlad.  Everyone else on either side is saying it's deplorable no matter who it is, and you're still playing the 'You're worse than us' game.  

Since it's you, I'll add an extra paragraph to clarify that I do not think the Steelers fans actions were any better.  It's dispicable no matter the fan base or the motivation.  

I know you want to be accurate so I corrected your post. I do agree, a normal injured football player should never have anything thrown at them. I have never stated otherwise, but please feel free to show any post where I said it ok to toss anything on the field. at any time.

Reply/Quote
M
(01-14-2016, 05:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Luvnit2

I know you want to be accurate so I corrected your post. I do agree, a normal injured football player should never have anything thrown at them. I have never stated otherwise, but please feel free to show any post where I said it ok to toss anything on the field. at any time.

You just now implied that it was okay to throw at Ben, and all other players you don't consider 'normal'.  There would be no need to specify that 'normal' players shouldn't be thrown at except to suggest that some (like Ben), are abnormal and deserve to be thrown at. 

Here's the thing, though: I never accused you of saying it was okay in the first place.  I simply said that you were playing the 'our crime wasn't as bad as yours' game.  Read the post again.  If you need me to explain it for you with more detail, I can.   ThumbsUp

I have to hand it to you, though - only you could try to defend yourself from a non-existent allegation, and then do the very thing you deny having done in the process.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:22 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: M

You just now implied that it was okay to throw at Ben, and all other players you don't consider 'normal'.  There would be no need to specify that 'normal' players shouldn't be thrown at except to suggest that some (like Ben), are abnormal and deserve to be thrown at. 

Here's the thing, though: I never accused you of saying it was okay in the first place.  I simply said that you were playing the 'our crime wasn't as bad as yours' game.  Read the post again.  If you need me to explain it for you with more detail, I can.   ThumbsUp

I have to hand it to you, though - only you could try to defend yourself from a non-existent allegation, and then do the very thing you deny having done in the process.  LOL

I was very specific, I don't consider sexual predators normal or a valued member in society thus I could care less if they live or die. They are a useless piece of society in my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was very specific, I don't consider sexual predators normal or a valued member in society thus I could care less if they live or die. They are a useless piece of society in my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

Well...admitting you have a problem is half way to a solution.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well...admitting you have a problem is half way to a solution.

You have a lot of opinions as well and base them off of the internet so that makes you............................................... :troll:

Reply/Quote