Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's disgraceful?
I've actually never been at a game where people have thrown things on the field, but I would report anyone who did, and if they were season ticket holders you would think they would have their tix taken away. Maybe even put them on the news. That would make people think twice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I went to a WWF show in Pittsburgh in the mid-90's just to get close enough to yell at Hulk Hogan he sucked.

But that's professional wrestling!  LOL!

And I admit I've yelled at players and officials at Steelers games from my seat...but never thrown anything and never would.

Yeah I believe you are encouraged to do that.  Maybe required.  I took my son to one a few years ago.  God was that awful.  I used to wonder what they did during commercials.  They just stand there.  Really weird.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I believe you are encouraged to do that.  Maybe required.  I took my son to one a few years ago.  God was that awful.  I used to wonder what they did during commercials.  They just stand there.  Really weird.

That one wasn't televised so it was all action.  

I was able to get tickets fairly regularly when I worked at a radio station back then.

Took my son to a Monday Night Raw last month and was amazed at how different it is now...AND all the standing around.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was very specific, I don't consider sexual predators normal or a valued member in society thus I could care less if they live or die. They are a useless piece of society in my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

So you ADMIT you did the thing that I never accused you of doing, the very thing you Were at the same time emphatically denying that you ever did. You're too much.  LOL 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:22 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: M

You just now implied that it was okay to throw at Ben, and all other players you don't consider 'normal'.  There would be no need to specify that 'normal' players shouldn't be thrown at except to suggest that some (like Ben), are abnormal and deserve to be thrown at. 

Here's the thing, though: I never accused you of saying it was okay in the first place.  I simply said that you were playing the 'our crime wasn't as bad as yours' game.  Read the post again.  If you need me to explain it for you with more detail, I can.   ThumbsUp

I have to hand it to you, though - only you could try to defend yourself from a non-existent allegation, and then do the very thing you deny having done in the process.  LOL

I don't agree with throwing things at players...but he has a point, there is always a small exception. If I got a clean shot with a plastic water bottle to a guy wearing pads named Greg Hardy, it be hard to resist tossing that bottle. Dude's a piece of garbage who beats women...I feel no sympathy for him or Ray Rice.

The thing that really strikes me about all this more then anything is how people are acting like this is new. This has happened in every NFL stadium for years and years, hell Philly fans threw batteries once upon a time. Batteries, that actually could hurt someone.

Fans shouldn't be throwing things, however tossing a empty beer can or plastic water bottle at an NFL player in all his pads is probably not going to hurt anything but his pride. I don't defend the behavior but people are losing their minds over an empty aluminum can and an empty plastic bottle. 

From all the crazy talk about be ashamed and this is unacceptable in the headlines, you'd think someone took out a gun and shot him. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't agree with throwing things at players...but he has a point, there is always a small exception. If I got a clean shot with a plastic water bottle to a guy wearing pads named Greg Hardy, it be hard to resist tossing that bottle. Dude's a piece of garbage who beats women...I feel no sympathy for him or Ray Rice.

The thing that really strikes me about all this more then anything is how people are acting like this is new. This has happened in every NFL stadium for years and years, hell Philly fans threw batteries once upon a time. Batteries, that actually could hurt someone.

Fans shouldn't be throwing things, however tossing a empty beer can or plastic water bottle at an NFL player in all his pads is probably not going to hurt anything but his pride. I don't defend the behavior but people are losing their minds over an empty aluminum can and an empty plastic bottle. 

From all the crazy talk about be ashamed and this is unacceptable in the headlines, you'd think someone took out a gun and shot him. 

I disagree about the exception: the fact you think someone else is trash doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk.

But  i'm happy to agree to disagree about that, because that is not what I was on Luvnit about. I was on him about the fact that he denied that he would ever suggest that anyone under any circumstance should be allowed to throw things, while he just suggested exactly that. He doesn't even realize when he's speaking out of two sides of his mouth at the same time.  And the best part is that I never actually accused him of doing it!  LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: hell Philly fans threw batteries once upon a time. Batteries, that actually could hurt someone.

They shouldn't do it. All it does is get that player CHARGED UP!!!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Nervous Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've never been to a pro game of anything, too poor for that stuff. I've been to plenty of college games here and I've seen some ugliness. There is a line between trying to get in their head and just being ugly. Throwing things and personal insults cross that line. Unfortunately you can't control everyone's behavior.

I was a Kings season ticket holder in the late eighties to mid nineties.  One game in particular against Calgary my friend and I pissed Mike Vernon off so bad he was staring at us during every break in play.  He had an uber shitty game too, we like to think we were at least partially responsible.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:33 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I was a Kings season ticket holder in the late eighties to mid nineties.  One game in particular against Calgary my friend and I pissed Mike Vernon off so bad he was staring at us during every break in play.  He had an uber shitty game too, we like to think we were at least partially responsible.  Smirk

That's awesome !
He did well for my team (Detroit), so I won't laugh too hard.

I'm not a baseball fan, but went to a couple of Indian's games.
I caused Bob Higginson to make an error. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.

But I'm SURE Phil isn't trying to justify the Bengals bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior elsewhere that no one denied or said was good.

I'm sure.

Mellow

Yeah but in CIN, and CLE, they're really just auditioning to be QB
Reply/Quote