Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's happening!!!
Well I think we all knew some people were going to walk. But this. This is like a migration . Everyone is leaving, the players we got are starting to get vocal, like Dunlap, about the "plan". I think the wheels are flying off. Laughing at the fact, we heard specific numbers that we were holding back for rex, then poof he's gone too.

After this year is all said and done, and the browns have a better record than us, do you think we get a new coach at least? Don't bring up the whole" it could be the 90's!!", Look around, it sure as hell looks like the 90's to me.
Reply/Quote
Dude, put the bottle down.  Everything will be alright. (hopefully)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They already missed their chance at a good coach and 2nd chance. If anything it will be Guenther. Not sure that's an upgrade even over Marvin. This team is always a day late and a dollar short. Wait to change coach, under performing players, FA signings, and here soon trades as NE will get all the picks back that they just traded away this FA when they trade JG.
Reply/Quote
[Image: rl0FOxdz7CcxO.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
While this offseason and last offseason were really really bad, we are a long ways off from the 90s.

In the 90's this team was a laughing stock that beat no one. 3-13, 2-14 that was the norm. While I see the team backsliding a little again this season, I don't see a decade of losing on the horizon. Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dre K, Illoka, there is a lot of talent on this team still. I see one more bad season, Lewis is gone and then the team starts to climb back out of the hole.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Have to admit the 90's was pretty damn funny. They were still entertaining just in a different way. I didn't get as mad when we lost, it was expected. Kinda nice actually. But to get this upset and mad at every stupid thing this team does only goes to show that we are no where near the 90's, at least not yet. Cause we expect to win.
Reply/Quote
So? A bunch of guys jumped ship after the 2015 season and we carried on without missing a beat!
Reply/Quote
Money talks. It's not complicated. It isn't as if Rex single handedly took us to the super bowl or that he could have. Witt didn't,  Zietler didn't nor Marvin  Jones nor Sanu nor Reggie . Guys move on...period. Every season there's a new crop of capable players drafted so I'm just not going to panic. I may get temporarily upset, but every player eventually leaves, coaches as well. We went through the panic of losing Palmer and were expected to completely collapse. We didn't. 
Take a deep breath, have a drink, hell, the whole liquor store. Life goes on. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We've lost a bunch of playes....off a 6-9-1 team.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: We've lost a bunch of playes....off a 6-9-1 team.

Lol that is a awesome way to look at it.
Reply/Quote
Lost the better players from last year's team. That can't be good
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: We've lost a bunch of playes....off a 6-9-1 team.

We did lose the leader of the team...but did we really lose the top talent?  A LT that no one sees playing more than a couple years?  A DT that was supposed to be relegated to a rotational role, but was forced in due to injury?  An above average Guard that wanted $12 million per year when we will be needing money for the real impact players in the near future (Dalton, Green, Eifert, etc)?

They drafted Westerman and have signed TJ Johnson for a reason.  Same goes with Ced and Fisher.  If I really think back, I remember seeing Whit schooled time after time when they tried moving him to LT.  He even was looking at Palmer like "Dude, he's killing me" and shaking his head as Feeney had a field day on him.  I haven't seem much out of Ced but if he rises to the occasion (it wouldn't be the weirdest thing, as he might finally be healthy and have a camp under his belt....come to think of it, I thought he looked pretty damn good at the end of his rookie season in limited action) the team will not only survive this, but could thrive on this.  

An infusion of youth and speed at the WR, RB, DE, and LB positions could pay dividends THIS YEAR.  They are already very solid in many position groups:  CB, TE, S, QB, DT and could become that way in the aforementioned positions with just one impact player at each spot.

With 11 picks in the draft, plus AJ McCarron out there as trade bait, this draft will shape our next 4-5 years.  They simply have to nail it....someone get Sonny Weaver on the phone.  
Reply/Quote

fresh blood was needed
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:31 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Well I think we all knew some people were going to walk. But this. This is like a migration . Everyone is leaving, the players we got are starting to get vocal, like Dunlap, about the "plan". I think the wheels are flying off. Laughing at the fact, we heard specific numbers that we were holding back for rex, then poof he's gone too.

After this year is all said and done, and the browns have a better record than us, do you think we get a new coach at least? Don't bring up the whole" it could be the 90's!!", Look around, it sure as hell looks like the 90's to me.

Yea but Mike Brown still doesn't give a shit.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

And you see this as a good thing?  So, what are we looking at?  Four wins?  Got worse after 6 wins, how else can it possibly play out?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Have to admit the 90's was pretty damn funny. They were still entertaining just in a different way. I didn't get as mad when we lost, it was expected. Kinda nice actually. But to get this upset and mad at every stupid thing this team does only goes to show that we are no where near the 90's, at least not yet. Cause we expect to win.

Indeed, it was high comedy!  When you could watch the games.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Have to admit the 90's was pretty damn funny. They were still entertaining just in a different way. I didn't get as mad when we lost, it was expected. Kinda nice actually. But to get this upset and mad at every stupid thing this team does only goes to show that we are no where near the 90's, at least not yet. Cause we expect to win.

Yes, especially with the talent we have on the field.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, put the bottle down.  Everything will be alright. (hopefully)

Your comment is as crazy as his.  It's not going to be all right.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So? A bunch of guys jumped ship after the 2015 season and we carried on without missing a beat!

We may not have missed a beat, but we sure did miss some blocks, tackles, wins and the playoffs.

Reply/Quote