Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the numbers, Holmes.
NFC North. 

This is the year in the schedule rotation where the black and blue division shows up on the Bengals schedule. The last 3 iterations of this schedule?

2005 -- 11-5
2009 -- 10-6
2013 -- 11-5

I'm sure most if not all Bengals fans would rank those as the top 3 years in the Super Marvio regime. 

Time to add 2017 to that list of successful, fun to watch seasons. Only this time, no bow out in the post season. 

Think it's all just a bunch of hooey? Let's look at the NFC East rotation from last year.

2004 -- 8-8
2008 -- 4-11-1
2012 -- 10-6 (after a 3-5 start) 
2016 -- 6-9-1

Or the NFC West rotation. 

2003 -- 8-8
2007 -- 7-9
2011 -- 9-7
2015 -- 12-4

NFC South

2002 -- 2-14 (not the Marvio regime, obv)
2006 -- 8-8
2010 -- 4-12
2014 -- 10-5-1

2012, 2014 and 2015 are the only other years besides the NFC North rotation where they had a winning record. 

Take it to the bank, Holmes. 

EDITED: To add the NFC South, which i somehow forgot in the OP. o_o

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
That's interesting. I want to dismiss it as only being 4 games...but there is likely something to it. We might match up well against their style.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's interesting. I want to dismiss it as only being 4 games...but there is likely something to it. We might match up well against their style.

10-2 against the B&B in that time frame. But they're also 14-4 in divisional play in those years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's interesting. I want to dismiss it as only being 4 games...but there is likely something to it. We might match up well against their style.

It is also interesting that we want pittsburg to match up poorly, and while pitt would likely shut down a rushing team, like the Titans, they might struggle with their young secondary against the Packers, Lions, and Vikings, who have some nice weapons now as well.  Only the Vikes have the defense that is really tough, though...the rest of the division is "out-score you" style.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah, like i thought. Should be a good year.

Hopefully great. Cool
Reply/Quote

Could also be that they travel a lot less.

Going to Minnesota, GB, Chicago and Detroit are very short trips.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Could also be that they travel a lot less.

Going to Minnesota, GB, Chicago and Detroit are very short trips.

[Image: roll-safe-black-guy-pointing-at-his-head-.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed the pattern holds.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 06:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fingers crossed the pattern holds.

I'm a little worried about playing the Vikings simply because Zimmer built our defense and I don't think it's changed very much since he left.  He's going to know what's coming.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 06:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm a little worried about playing the Vikings simply because Zimmer built our defense and I don't think it's changed very much since he left.  He's going to know what's coming.  

Yep. I just don't know if the Vikings will have the horses on offense to beat us.

Zimmer has been kind of a mediocre HC in Minnesotta. IF they don't show some serious progress this year...he could be out.

It's interesting that between Zimmer/Gruden...Gruden seems to be the better HC. Zimmers fire only seems to motivate a team for so long.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 07:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I just don't know if the Vikings will have the horses on offense to beat us.

Zimmer has been kind of a mediocre HC in Minnesotta. IF they don't show some serious progress this year...he could be out.

It's interesting that between Zimmer/Gruden...Gruden seems to be the better HC. Zimmers fire only seems to motivate a team for so long.

I'd take him here as HC in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 07:17 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'd take him here as HC in a heartbeat.

Same here Bonnie.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 07:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I just don't know if the Vikings will have the horses on offense to beat us.

Shit....Dalvin Cook has looked very good....they'll kick the shit out of us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote