Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-12-2015, 01:06 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Only if you consider being afraid of things there's no reason to believe in "straight".

What???
(10-12-2015, 01:09 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: What???

Whichever part you're struggling with, it's your own fault. I can't assist you further.
(10-12-2015, 12:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Look, I don't care how good of a Christian you are, this is just creepy...literally touring the remains, like some circus side-show, of an 11-yr old girl who died in 1902.

http://www.timesherald.com/lifestyle/20150923/large-crowd-turns-out-to-view-remains-of-st-maria-goretti

So touring the remains of Egyptian mummies is a creepy circus side show?
(10-12-2015, 01:16 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: So touring the remains of Egyptian mummies is a creepy circus side show?

King Tut died at 18 years old; imagine how creepy it would be to view his remains. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2015, 01:16 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: So touring the remains of Egyptian mummies is a creepy circus side show?

Technically speaking, yes.  That doesn't bother me for some reason - maybe it's the way the Catholic Church dresses these bodies up to immortalize them that's unsettling.  Probably wouldn't be the desired image, or acceptable, if it was just a pile of bones in a box.

It also seems kind of a hypocritical loophole as far as not disturbing someone's remains (rest-in-peace and all that).  Seems disrespectful.

I mean, how would you feel about yourself or your family being paraded around in a glass box for people to gawk at?
(10-12-2015, 01:13 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Whichever part you're struggling with, it's your own fault. I can't assist you further.

Don't bother.  I'm not missing much.
(10-12-2015, 01:36 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Don't bother.  I'm not missing much.

Judging by your views about the world, I'd bet money you said this to all your high school teachers, too.
(10-12-2015, 01:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Technically speaking, yes.  That doesn't bother me for some reason - maybe it's the way the Catholic Church dresses these bodies up to immortalize them that's unsettling.  Probably wouldn't be the desired image, or acceptable, if it was just a pile of bones in a box.

It also seems kind of a hypocritical loophole as far as not disturbing someone's remains (rest-in-peace and all that).  Seems disrespectful.

I mean, how would you feel about yourself or your family being paraded around in a glass box for people to gawk at?

He'd probably think it wasn't as bad as when they were alive.

[Image: circus-freak-show.jpg]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2015, 01:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Technically speaking, yes.  That doesn't bother me for some reason - maybe it's the way the Catholic Church dresses these bodies up to immortalize them that's unsettling.  Probably wouldn't be the desired image, or acceptable, if it was just a pile of bones in a box.

Yeah, I have never been a fan of those sorts of things. Like, unknown burials that are discovered are one thing, but known tombs? Why the fascination with needing to remove them? The whole thing with the Church is borderline idolatry to me. But being raised Anabaptist, just about everything Catholics do seems like idolatry to me. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2015, 01:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But yet, even if he is an Atheist, had he not put on the charade of being Christian he would have been unelectable.

He lies about everything in his past. This guy has lived such a corrupt life what's another lie for him. Black liberation theology is not being a "christian" .... It's basically the black hate group.
(10-11-2015, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I actually agree with you, I too think Obama is really an atheist.  Unfortunately, for you, you've literally made his point for him.  

Very few will admit or acknowledge he is one. He didn't fool me or anyone else with any common sense. Just the low information voter who wanted to say they voted for the first back guy.
(10-11-2015, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't marry a pony.

If there were no gov marriage you could.
(10-10-2015, 07:23 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: This whole "War on Christianity" propaganda is a joke. I mean, yeah....sure.....most hate crimes in America are against white Christians!  :jk:

The last I checked, there are Christian churches everywhere. I can't tell you how many Christian related tv programs and channels that I can find. Also, you can find all kinds of cool Christian-y radio shows and the like. You're allowed to take your kids to church. Teach them what you want about the Bible. I mean, it's pretty cool that you can do that.  ThumbsUp

Well, I see Christian's point.  Look at the Pilgrims.  The had to travel to a different hemisphere due to persecution . . . from other Christians.
(10-12-2015, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If there were no gov marriage you could.

Pretty sure most people would frown upon people marrying any non-consenting adult. Your notion that getting government out of marriage would solve the marriage equality problem is not just dumb, but also irrelevant.  It's just not going to happen. Ever.

In fact I seriously doubt that you would be advocating the government get of the marriage business if they were not allowing SSM.  I'm sure you will deny that, but I don't believe you.
(10-12-2015, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If there were no gov marriage you could.

But Christians would probably refuse to recognize it.  Then I would still have to get the government involved.
(10-12-2015, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Very few will admit or acknowledge he is one.

You can't prove or disprove Obama's religious beliefs anymore than you can prove or disprove the existence of god.

Quote:He didn't fool me or anyone else with any common sense.

Chortle

Quote:Just the low information voter who wanted to say they voted for the first back guy.

Yes, that would be the only possible reason to vote for him over McCain/Palin.
(10-12-2015, 03:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, that would be the only possible reason to vote for him over McCain/Palin.

I don't like Obama, but this is a fair point.

Every time I see McCain, I think of Cotton Hill from the TV show King of the Hill.
I wouldn't want his finger on the button.
(I know that isn't literal, but you know what I mean)
(10-12-2015, 01:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He lies about everything in his past. This guy has lived such a corrupt life what's another lie for him. Black liberation theology is not being a "christian" .... It's basically the black hate group.

This has zero to do with my post. Non sequitur much?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Sorry if my post harkens back to the OP and not to where the discussion currently is, but I felt waged to give my thoughts on the "War on Christianity" or the persecution of Christians.

First, there is no organized attack on Christians. Well, at least on a national scale. There may be smaller groups of like 5 weirdos who get together every Wednesday night to discuss the need to rid the country of Christians. With that said, I do see an increased hostility towards Christianity from society at large however, nothing that Christians need to fear, today, but there are more and more who belittle Christians and their beliefs and, while extremely rare in America, there are those who get violent towards Christians simply because they're Christians, so you can't really blame some for not wanting it to get worse. In any event, there is no war on Christianity (at least, not as of yet).

For the record, I'm not saying that some criticism of Christians and Christian groups are not warranted (i.e. Westboro Baptist Church, Catholic Church hiding pedophiles, etc.), but a lot of it is NOT warranted.

Now, let's get to persecution. The dictionary defines persecute as
1) to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
2.to annoy or trouble persistently.

By either definition, yes, Christians ARE persecuted in this country. Now, if you want to compare it to horrific persecutions like slavery in America, Jews during the Holocaust, or Christians in Muslim countries, then the kind of persecution American Christian faces is extremely tame, at best. I liken it like this: the kind of persecution you and I think of would be like the big bully in school who makes you fear for your life every day at school and maybe you've even been beat up a time or two. American Christian persecution is like cyberbullying. Yeah, technically it's bullying, but you're not in fear of your life or physical well being, plus, it's pretty easy to avoid.

TL;DR version: there is no war on Christianity, but there is persecution of Christians in America but it's about as horrible as you being persecuted by a couple of mosquitos.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-12-2015, 08:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry if my post harkens back to the OP and not to where the discussion currently is, but I felt waged to give my thoughts on the "War on Christianity" or the persecution of Christians.

First, there is no organized attack on Christians. Well, at least on a national scale. There may be smaller groups of like 5 weirdos who get together every Wednesday night to discuss the need to rid the country of Christians. With that said, I do see an increased hostility towards Christianity from society at large however, nothing that Christians need to fear, today, but there are more and more who belittle Christians and their beliefs and, while extremely rare in America, there are those who get violent towards Christians simply because they're Christians, so you can't really blame some for not wanting it to get worse. In any event, there is no war on Christianity (at least, not as of yet).

For the record, I'm not saying that some criticism of Christians and Christian groups are not warranted (i.e. Westboro Baptist Church, Catholic Church hiding pedophiles, etc.), but a lot of it is NOT warranted.

Now, let's get to persecution. The dictionary defines persecute as
1) to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
2.to annoy or trouble persistently.

By either definition, yes, Christians ARE persecuted in this country. Now, if you want to compare it to horrific persecutions like slavery in America, Jews during the Holocaust, or Christians in Muslim countries, then the kind of persecution American Christian faces is extremely tame, at best. I liken it like this: the kind of persecution you and I think of would be like the big bully in school who makes you fear for your life every day at school and maybe you've even been beat up a time or two. American Christian persecution is like cyberbullying. Yeah, technically it's bullying, but you're not in fear of your life or physical well being, plus, it's pretty easy to avoid.

TL;DR version: there is no war on Christianity, but there is persecution of Christians in America but it's about as horrible as you being persecuted by a couple of mosquitos.

Give me examples of Christian persecution in America.