Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's kind of funny that fans think the Bengals are going to fire Marvin
The Bengals have underachieved what 3 years in a row now after the Steelers playoff Game meltdown...after which they kept him.

Then, his contract was up last season and it seemed like Marvin didn't want to be here anymore...and Mike Brown and the Bengals front office kind of freaked out and brought him in and signed him to a 2 year extension.

Face it, the Bengals won't get rid of Marvin. Marvin works too well with the Bengals organization. He goes along with how they do things.

A lot of outside candidates would want changes like a GM. It was the major sticking point with Tom Coughlin years ago.

When Marvin does go, he'll be replaced by someone like Hue Jackson who has a similar passive temperment. Hue will go along with the way things are structured.
Reply/Quote
Literally no one thinks that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one thinks that.

There are like 3 threads about Marvin being fired and Head Coaching Candidates...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are like 3 threads about Marvin being fired and Head Coaching Candidates...

People are making threads about wanting him fired. Big difference.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People are making threads about wanting him fired. Big difference.

Yeah i made mine saying he needs fired. I say there has to be a major out cry to get him to resign. Im talking complete empty seats, maybe protesting. 
Reply/Quote
Oh I think the vast majority of Bengal fans understand Merv isn't going anywhere. Perhaps there's a few noobs (God help them) that don't "get it" yet ?

But it doesn't hurt to dream a little.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have underachieved what 3 years in a row now after the Steelers playoff Game meltdown...after which they kept him.

Then, his contract was up last season and it seemed like Marvin didn't want to be here anymore...and Mike Brown and the Bengals front office kind of freaked out and brought him in and signed him to a 2 year extension.

Face it, the Bengals won't get rid of Marvin. Marvin works too well with the Bengals organization. He goes along with how they do things.

A lot of outside candidates would want changes like a GM. It was the major sticking point with Tom Coughlin years ago.

When Marvin does go, he'll be replaced by someone like Hue Jackson who has a similar passive temperment. Hue will go along with the way things are structured.

I don't think it's as much thinking he would get fired as it is wishing he would out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one thinks that.

correct
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have underachieved what 3 years in a row now after the Steelers playoff Game meltdown...after which they kept him.

There also has to be a pretty large ego involved, thinking sure, I can win here despite all this.    The question would be who picks the next coach?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:29 PM)McC Wrote: There also has to be a pretty large ego involved, thinking sure, I can win here despite all this.    The question would be who picks the next coach?

These coaches make millions here and the job security is probably better than any stop in the NFL. It's unfortunate, but you can make millions win or lose.
Reply/Quote